Trip Report My Tower of Terror-ific Birthday Trip

Hi everyone! We have been back from our trip for a week now, and I am definitely ready to relive it by writing this report! Let's get started!

Who: Me (Amy) and my husband Brian

When: Tuesday, Nov. 19 - Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013

Where: Pop Century

Why: To celebrate my 40th birthday and our 15th wedding anniversary

HouCuseChickie

Sorry to be MIA, but I've been off the boards for the most part for a while. Sort of in a Disney funk/holiday mode. I loved your report! You guys had such a great trip and have gotten me back to thinking about a trip with just DH. Of course, I also loved all of the holiday decorations/lights. The food pics were also great...loved your "healthy" meals! Hey, you're at WDW- why not? Can't wait to see your cruise TR! :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Sorry to be MIA, but I've been off the boards for the most part for a while. Sort of in a Disney funk/holiday mode. I loved your report! You guys had such a great trip and have gotten me back to thinking about a trip with just DH. Of course, I also loved all of the holiday decorations/lights. The food pics were also great...loved your "healthy" meals! Hey, you're at WDW- why not? Can't wait to see your cruise TR! :)
Welcome back and thanks for reading! "Healthy" meals are the best meals at WDW! I just can't seem to help myself!

fractal

Just catching up.

Enjoying the pictures of Everest, all the AK details and the night time castle shots!

Love that you had nutella fruit waffle for dinner! :D The watch is cool.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Just catching up.

Enjoying the pictures of Everest, all the AK details and the night time castle shots!

Love that you had nutella fruit waffle for dinner! :D The watch is cool.
Thanks for reading Chris! That waffle was awesome and I can't wait to have another one in June!

annadseal

Thanks SO much for sharing your trip report!! I just read through the entire thing in one sitting, and it's got me so pumped for our trip in March! I'm glad you and your husband had a good time. Thanks again! :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Thanks SO much for sharing your trip report!! I just read through the entire thing in one sitting, and it's got me so pumped for our trip in March! I'm glad you and your husband had a good time. Thanks again! :)
I don't know if I missed it in that particular post or not, but where did the Nutella waffle come from??
Thank you so much for reading!! The waffle came from Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. I hope you have an incredible time in March!

chrisd68

Just finished reading your report which I thoroughly enjoyed.

It must have been difficult without the kids as my wife and I have experienced this previously - you always want to share the happy moments with them!

At least you had the time to move at your own pace and do the things you enjoy the most without having to worry about everyone else!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Just finished reading your report which I thoroughly enjoyed.

It must have been difficult without the kids as my wife and I have experienced this previously - you always want to share the happy moments with them!

At least you had the time to move at your own pace and do the things you enjoy the most without having to worry about everyone else!
Thanks for reading! There were definitely times we really missed having the kids with us! At least we knew we would all be going back together in June, so that made it a little easier!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I was finally able to order my Vera Bradley bags I wanted this week online!!!! (A much belated birthday present to myself!) Call me cheap, but I refuse to pay what people on ebay are asking for them! The pattern placement isn't fantastic, but it isn't hateful either!
I got the hipster:
IMG_7363.JPG

IMG_7368.JPG

The Vera Tote:
IMG_7366.JPG

IMG_7367.JPG

The backpack (this is the one I like the pattern placement the least):
IMG_7364.JPG

IMG_7365.JPG

I actually like the placement on the back better, but it's not like I can wear it backwards!!
The large cosmetic case:
IMG_7370.JPG

IMG_7369.JPG

The only thing I wasn't able to get that I wanted was the small id zip case. I am so excited that I will be able to use these for our June trip!!

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

Sorry I am a little late to the party!

But I loved this trip report! Thank you for taking us all along!

I didn't mind any of the pictures of the Tower of Terror because that is my all time favorite ride as well! I actually made myself a phone case from CafePress with a picture I took of ToT and I love IT :)

Thanking you for sharing pictures from your Ohana dinner...exactly two weeks from today I will be having a celebratory dinner there after the Princess Half! So excited to try it for dinner for the first time!

Happy you guys had a great trip!!!! :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Sorry I am a little late to the party!

But I loved this trip report! Thank you for taking us all along!

I didn't mind any of the pictures of the Tower of Terror because that is my all time favorite ride as well! I actually made myself a phone case from CafePress with a picture I took of ToT and I love IT :)

Thanking you for sharing pictures from your Ohana dinner...exactly two weeks from today I will be having a celebratory dinner there after the Princess Half! So excited to try it for dinner for the first time!

Happy you guys had a great trip!!!! :)
Thanks for reading! I thought about both you and @derelicte19 when I was posting those pics, as I know both of you are as fanatical about ToT as I am! I saw you post something about your phone case in another thread and I am looking into doing it for myself! 'Ohana dinner was delicious and I'm sure you will enjoy it! Good luck on the half!!

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

Thanks for reading! I thought about both you and @derelicte19 when I was posting those pics, as I know both of you are as fanatical about ToT as I am! I saw you post something about your phone case in another thread and I am looking into doing it for myself! 'Ohana dinner was delicious and I'm sure you will enjoy it! Good luck on the half!!

Awww thanks for thinking of us!!!! :) I attached a picture of my phone case so you can see! It came out to $20 on cafepress; it was $7 just to ship so only $13 for the case itself they had some discounts going on that day. I love it :)

And thank you! :)

Attachments

• ToT phone case.jpg
    ToT phone case.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 48

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Awww thanks for thinking of us!!!! :) I attached a picture of my phone case so you can see! It came out to $20 on cafepress; it was $7 just to ship so only $13 for the case itself they had some discounts going on that day. I love it :)

And thank you! :)
I really like your case. I will definitely have to look into getting one made!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom