My rct 2 disney parks!!!

martinthesparta

Original Poster
I have posted pics of my rct 2 disney parks in progess and would really like some feedback no matter what it is, and if good I'll continue to post more pics as I progress. And i have no idea how to do a link, so just look up my name or key words like rct 2, main street train station, and World of Motion ect. thanks!!!

Frontierland

Dang, in my opinion, this is one of the BEST Disney Parks for RCT2! I can't wait to download, do you know when you think it will be done? I like Main Street Station, Main Street, U.S.A., and I definately like WOM, it looks so real. Please post some more pics as you progress. Are you doing a recreation of all parks or just one big park with different attractions from the park?

are you going to add any of the following to your park(s):
Splash Mtn
Big Thunder Mtn
Space Mtn
Pirates of the Caribbean
Cinderella Castle
Tower of Terror

If so, then I can't wait. Your themeing is AWESOME!

DarkMeasures

It is very well done but your sense of scale is wrong and Spaceship Earth and World of Motion are sub par.

I once made a Version of Spaceship Earth that was the sphere and was to scale. The very top was 180 feet tall. For the inside part, use the monster truck ride because that can go up to 125 feet witch is pretty high up the sphere.

Now World of Motion, remember, it is a circular. Get the dimensions of the actuall building.

Now each square is 10 feet across. (5 feet tall) So for example. Space Mountain is 300 feet across, well take 300 and divide it by 10 and you will get 30 squares across. (I would add 3-5 more squares in diameter due to the fact that the lift hill isn't as steep in RCT2 as in real life. I think when I built it, I had 33 squares.

To get an acurate circle, make a perfect circle in paint that is 33 squares across and use that as a blueprint for the mountain.

Now, if you were to build a Space Mountain. The best advice would be to build it first with the land going up in a general flat shap of the mountain but have it resemble the cone. Once you are done with that, add 2 flat roof tiles before adding a slanted roof tile. Then add the stuff on the side.

I also built the ride an alternate way where I built the roof up and around the ride but that was much harder and time consuming.

All my files were deleted when I reformatted my HDD but if I ever feel like rebuilding the designs, I will for you.

I also happen to look at the rides blueprints to get an accurate track design. And if you were to build a ride like testtrack or rocket rods, then use RCT1 with the add-ons and use the steel rollercoaster will the boosters for the boosts.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
That is some amazing work! You're doing a great job. Spaceship Earth could use some help, but other than that, everything looks great. I've never seen a better looking Main Street USA made on RCT2....ever! Continue the great job! :D

DarkMeasures

Monorail, I would highly suggest saving $30 for RCT2 (no add-ons, add-ons are evil). Once you go that, you can build the rides to scale and much more purdy. Only good thing RCT1 can do over RCT2 is Rocket Rods.

Anyway, because you guys inspired me, I think I will rebuild Disneyworld's Spacemountain. However, the building will be 30 feet larger in Diameter but everything else will be pretty much to scale.

DarkMeasures

For making custom scenery, you have to dl a program off the internet. If you mean Stacking scenery like I did for Spaceship Earth, you select a piece of scenery, select the tile it will be over then you press shift and move it up or down to the desired location.

And also, the land isn't really for buildings anymore. I use it as buildings for the harder structers but then I cover it all in scenery so nobody notices.

imagineer99

I'm hoping that RCT 3 actually upgrades the series. Except for minor cosmetic differences, RCT and RCT 2 are essentially the same game.

imagineer99

I hope there is a nightime mode...

Seeing your park all lit up would be just awesome! It would also make the lamps serve a purpose beyond aesthetics.;)

DarkMeasures

Extra scenery is nifty in RCT2. The game was strangely made that if you play a park with scenery made by the person, all the data automatically goes into your game permanently. It also works with coasters (I got a panda coaster from that....). I am not sure how largly it works but I am sure that you can probably load an add-on park in RCT2 and have everything from the add-ons in that park.

But since that add-ons suck, nobody does that.

Anyway, to get extra scenery, just dl maps with it or dl the actual item and place it into the item folder.

Frontierland

If you look at one of the first screens of RCT3D, there is MAYBE a HINT that there is nighttime mode since there are shadows of the trees, etc. making it look like evening. or it could be that the sun is on the other side:confused:

martinthesparta

Original Poster
Man, after a couple of weeks, I didn't think anyone would post, and now I'm the only one that hasn't even though it's my thread. I appreciate the compliments emensly(as well as the critism) and will post my pics as I go along because of it. My time to actually work on the park is limited as well as my resources, so there is no telling how long it will take me. I plan on making the mk park as it currently is except for possibly leaving 20k and alien encounter in, so all of the major current attractions such as btmr and space mountain will be included. I also plan on making epcot, but not quite yet, just a few experiments, and I'm hoping someone else wants to do mgm cause I don't wanna have to make that too. I got most of my custom scenary from the rct town parks and the rollercoaster tycoon 2 scenary data base. I'm really not conserned about being a few feet off on my measurements because it's not like I'm gonna go to disney world and wip out my measuring stick on all the buildings and fenses and stuff to make sure it's accurate, and the reason I made wom square is because I don't like the jaged look nessisary to make something even come close to resemble a circle. And I probally need to make my sse larger, but I like the general shape. Dark measure's looks rather awkward and a little fat. A jaged oval isn't a circle either. Some things in rct aren't gonna look perfect, and you just have to deside what to sacrifise in order to make it look right instead of accurate in size down to the square inch. But if you got some ride layouts dark measures, please share because that's the major thing I'm laking right now, have to go off of ameteur video tapings of the rides. And remeber too, everthing so far is a work in progress, so even if i have a picture up, it may change. Thanks everybody!!!!!

Sir Hiss527

I've always been wondering something...Is there a money cheat for RCT? If there is, is that what you used? Man I have got to get Loopy Landscapes, or RCT2...Awesome pictures. Keep it up! Will it be available to download?

martinthesparta

Original Poster
Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
I've always been wondering something...Is there a money cheat for RCT? If there is, is that what you used? Man I have got to get Loopy Landscapes, or RCT2...Awesome pictures. Keep it up! Will it be available to download?

Thanks for the compliments! It will be available for download when it's done, but don't expect it to be done anytime soon. My time and resources are limited, and the most challenging work is coming up with things like btmr and splash mountain. As far as a cheat goes, there is a scenario editer option in rct 2 which allows you to design your own scenario from scratch involving basically ever detail, only you can't build any actual rides until you turn your creation into an actual scenario. And definetly get Rct2. I wonder if they'd put it in a three pack like rct with all of the expansion packs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom