My Lucas Land

Turtle

Original Poster
Lucas Land would be replacing Echo Lake and would explore the famous films of George Lucas. When you first walk in after taking a left on Hollywood Boulevard you'll feel like you're starting a a tour of the studio with a studio store and catering company (includes Starbucks) in the building in front of you, the Industrial Light and Magic building to your right, and a dark ride "tram tour" to your far right. If you take a left behind the studio area you will find yourself in a dangerous jungle like the Indiana Jones films, and if you take a right you'll be in the middle of one of the greatest film sagas in history, Star Wars. You would feel immersed into the movies, but would still feel a bit like a backlot with sound-stages (like Star Tours) so it can all flow as one land as opposed to a humongous contrast when you walk from Indiana Jones to Star Wars. MAP

Attractions:
1. Star Tours 3D: New adventures in 3-D FP
2. Indiana Jones and The Forbidden Temple: Join Indiana Jones in one of his most dangerous journeys yet. NEW! FP
3. The Lucas Tram - Take a tour of the famous studio backlot and find yourself in a cinematic adventure NEW! (Omni-mover dark ride with cross-overs of famous characters with a story)

Dining:
1. Mos Eisley Cantina NEW!
2. Studio Catering Co.

Shopping:
1. The Outpost NEW!
2. Tatooine Traders NEW!
3. LucasFilm Studio Store NEW!

Entertainment:
1. Indiana Jones Playzone NEW!
2. Endor Celebrations NEW!
3. Jedi Training Academy
4. Industrial Light and Magic Effects Show NEW! (Like a Poseidon's Fury at Universal 3.0)

Thoughts?

PUSH

I think some kind of Star Wars rollercoaster would be good. I like ideas I've heard of the speeders being a coaster.

Turtle

Original Poster
I think some kind of Star Wars rollercoaster would be good. I like idea I've heard of the speeders being a coaster.
i was trying to put one attraction per atmosphere (one Indy, one Star Wars, and one Lucas in general.)

Turtle

Original Poster
@Turtle what would the ilm effect show be like? Could you give us a rundown of what it would be?
I can't think of much right now but it'd be indoors, like a Poseidon's Fury at Universal 3.0 as if you were going through the real ILM that doesn't make it on the computers but rather real life. So I'd guess fire in your face, monster animatronics, slow motion, and movie effects coming to life

Matt7187

I can't think of much right now but it'd be indoors, like a Poseidon's Fury at Universal 3.0 as if you were going through the real ILM that doesn't make it on the computers but rather real life. So I'd guess fire in your face, monster animatronics, slow motion, and movie effects coming to life
Sounds fun!

Turtle

Original Poster
Sounds fun!
I'll think more of a story later though. But the story of Lucas Land itself is that you're roaming the studio hence starting off with a typical studio tour entrance (cafeteria, studio store, ILM, tram tour dark ride) then going to the "sound stages" where there's a blend of Star Wars/Indiana Jones and backlot environment

Matt7187

I'll think more of a story later though. But the story of Lucas Land itself is that you're roaming the studio hence starting off with a typical studio tour entrance (cafeteria, studio store, ILM, tram tour dark ride) then going to the "sound stages" where there's a blend of Star Wars/Indiana Jones and backlot environment
I still think it should drop the studio theme, even if it means losing the ilm show, and you could also change the lucas tour ride into going into his best movies

Turtle

Original Poster
I still think it should drop the studio theme, even if it means losing the ilm show, and you could also change the lucas tour ride into going into his best movies
thats exactly what it is.. it starts as a "studio tour" but then turns into a giant cross-over adventure of Lucas' greatest movies

Turtle

Original Poster
I meant drop the WHOLE studio theme… none at all… just have it immerse you in the novies!
ah i though about that at first. but then i realize the land would have no theming, in one spot you're at Star Wars then you turn around and you're in Indiana Jones. So i thought that maybe roaming a movie come to life in a backlot (it would look generally how star tours looks now with a bit of soundstage in the faacade)

Matt7187

ah i though about that at first. but then i realize the land would have no theming, in one spot you're at Star Wars then you turn around and you're in Indiana Jones. So i thought that maybe roaming a movie come to life in a backlot (it would look generally how star tours looks now with a bit of soundstage in the faacade)
Well, you could have just a star wars land, put ij in adventureland, and the lucas ride could be that the last scene could be star wars, then it could say "now you can immerse you like never before in the world of star wars" and then you exit into the new land!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom