My little birthday breakfast at the Crystal Palace was awesome

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
During my Birthday vacation on the 22nd of Jan I thought I would make a reservation for Crystal Palace for the 24th. The only reason I did that was because I thought it would be cool to get into the park early this way so I was only going to do it if I could get in at 8:05 A.M> which is the most early time that day and the park opened at 9:00 A.M.

I went in to Crystal Palace at Dinner time on the 22nd to talk to the chef about my Vegan diet. He was very friendly and helpful and said he would leave a message for the chef who would work there during my breakfast ect. >

They had some good Vegan food for me some Tofu Scamble with Onion and Peppers ( my throat allready hurt, but at that time I just thought my throat hurt I did not know that I was really sick and that later in the day my throat was going to be burning and my voice would be about gone and it would hurt like crazy to drink water ect. , but since I allready had this bug I don't think it really mattered that I had onion and peppers anyways, but still had I have known I would not have had onions and peppers lol )

They also had good Vegan Van Waffles and they had some other good Vegan food but right now I can't pull it out of my memory, when and if I can I will edit this post lol > They also lit a candle for my cute little Vegan cupcake, had sparkles on my table, I got a birthday card and 4 of the characters signed it ect. >

The characters where great. Since I got there at an early time I got good attention. Piglet is also my favorite Pooh character so I had my little Piglet plush toy with me. When I got back from the washroom I noticed that Piglet was at my table and he was playing with something and a girl by Piglet was laughing and I was like " Piglet must be playing with my little plush toy " and as I got closer I found out that sure enough he was :)

It was such a wonderful little birthday breakfast and I was so happy. Later when I took that bus back to AllStar around 2 or so that bug really started to hit me like hell. When I was on the phone that is when my voice was starting to go. I had to start writting notes when talking to cast members ect. If I had not taken salt water I am about 99 % sure my voice would have been gone by wed.

But I refused to let my sickness ruin my vacation so I just made up my mind that I was going to be happy :) Also I starting to think, you know I bet the girls will feel sorry for me since I am so sick and say things like " Awwwww it's too bad that you are sick on your birthday week vacation " so thinking about that made me feel better * Blushes * I am not saying I was glad I got sick, but if something bad happens to you its good to think about good things. Like later that day I got a picture with Piglet again at Animal Kingdom. This was when I was feeling awful so getting a picture taken with a character I really loved made me feel a lot better. I could not really talk or anything but I did show piglet my plush piglet toy and had him sign my birthday card again and got a picture taken with him all at the Animal Kingdom :)

I guess we could say that this day was kinda a Piglet and get sick day :lookaroun Ha ha you should have seen me when I was talking to this girl at city hall. I had to have her call the Chefs at Grand Floridian and tell them to leave out onions,peppers, spicy foods ect. because I could not talk on the phone myself. Plus we where taking notes and the girl thought thought that I was deaf and could not talk, it was pretty funny lol > Well I really could not talk without my throat hurting like crazy and if I did talk my voice would be so soft and hazzled that you could not understand a word I was saying. As we where taking notes I ended up explaining to her that I could hear her and that I just was really sick and that is why I was taking notes.

Anyways there is a lot more to tell about my vacation. I must say that I had an awesome time even though I got really sick and stayed pretty sick for the rest of my vacation. But tuesday was the worst day with my sickness. When I got back to my hotel on tuesday night not only was my throat burning like crazy but my eyes where watering,my nose was stuffy to the extreme, I had this awful itch in my throat that caused me to cough like crazy, my headache was just awful and most of all I was upset because out of all the times to get sick why did it have to be during my big birthday week vacation that I had been planning for so long. But like I said Tuesday was by far the worst day, but the other days like wed ect. where still pretty bad. Anyways today I felt a lot better but I still went to the doctor today. I would let nature take it's course, but you see I have a Valentine's vacation coming up from Feb 11th to 17th and I think being really sick during one of my big DisneyWorld vacations is enough, I don't need to be this sick during both of them lol > The Doctor gave me 3 huge pills to take and they are strong because what I got is really bad. I can't swallow pills so I chew them up, they are nasty but its much better then choking. I take a spoon full of suger with my pills and eat a little something to get the taste out. These pills are like giant size so I need like 2 spoon full of sugers lol

lunalovegoddess

Sorry to hear that you were sick this weekend. The illness seems to be going around down here, and with so many people in close contact at WDW, I've heard a lot of members mention feeling ill.
I hope you had a good time regardless. Happy belated birthday!:wave:

Nicole

I'm glad you were able to have a fun birthday breakfast in spite of being sick! My daughter got strep throat on our trip a year ago and I know it wasn't fun at all for her. Hope you are feeling better.

pinkrose

Sorry to hear you got sick on your b'day vacation. I'm glad you had a nice breakfast and hope that you are feeling better now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom