My Idea for an attraction in Beastly Kingdom

WDWKing

Original Poster
Hey everyone, this is my first post here, but I have been reading these boards for a while.
Ok heres the idea,
how about a mythological creatures zoo, like have AA dragons, unicorns, phoenix's, stuff like that. What do you guys think?:)

ToTBellHop

I don't think disney would go with a ZOO with these creatures--more along the lines of a ride or show. We already know the land's E-Ride will feature a massive dragon and probably other mythological creatures. With that located in this land, we will probably also see a more family-oriented adventure that would show...maybe everything but the dragons. It's tough to bring dragon's to a family attraction--you can't make them nice or you risk detracting from the entire Beastlie Kingdomme theme...although, you could just make a conflict out of the dragons. Either way, an exhibit of sorts would be too much like Triceratops Encounter over at the U place. Caging up animals, even if they are Audio-Animatronic, kinda goes against Animal Kingdom's theme. They actually want to show animals as you would see them in the wild...so a dragon eating a unicorn on the e-ride and attacking all the other mythological animals on a family-attraction would seem to work better.

Passport

I know Disney doesn't want to call it one but I think AK is a zoo. There may only be a couple of visible cages but the animals are still in captivity. Putting mythical beasts in the same type of setting to be observed from a boat, train or foot path would be a great idea. Why not treat the made up animals like they were once and have always been real?

magicboy68

Beastly Kingdom Beastly Zoo

:D :cool:
Hey! Well, I really like where this idea is going. I absolutely hated the triceratops encounter, it was (obviously) not Disney and there was no excitement. Going on Passport's idea, wouldn't it be great to create a safari? I think it should be either a boat or car ride. The problem with a boat ride is that it is just like the Jungle cruise and eventually could become a ride of corny jokes rather than beauty lol. Well, anyways, a boat ride could be more interactive and could be like the originally planned boat ride, but much more exciting and interactive. It could also be a rapids ride. You board the boat to see the newly discovered world of mythical animals. You're riding through a beautiful large open area with tons of waterfalls, fountains, and plants. It is a field that is occupied by centaurs(AA) that welcome you with exclamations to their world. Everything is great as you travel under canopies and turn a corner to a land that is such eyecandy that you cannot believe it. Everywhere there are peaceful animals(This is an outside ride with maybe indoor sections. It would be so amazing if it was all outside) There are hippogriffs, pheonixes, unicorns, faries, gnomes, pegasus, etc. They are playing and greeting you and it is beautiful. The landscaping would be tropical. As you near the forest, some gnomes, elves, and centaurs tell you to beware, that the dragons do not want the humans to be here. You turn a corner and there is a cave to your left and rainbows, pretty things to ur right. You are going left when suddenly a gust of wind blows tremendously and you are lunged into the cave and down a dip. You have entered the cave and are floating around, It is a fabulous cavern with beautiful rock formations. All is not right though, as you turn a corner you see a burst if fire issuing from a dragon. There are 3 dragons, all different colors and shapes. There are rock monsters that tell you that you will never leave this cave, when suddenly, from the water around you comes a beautiful peaceful sea dragon that breathes water on the dragons and on the caven wall the cavern wall opens and you travel through a Poseidon's Fury type water tunnel and arrive back in the human world, having been saved.

Chad

I like WDWKing's Idea better. With the addition of Reign Of Fire, Animal Kingdom just has too many adult rides. The boat ride you're talking about would be too much...

I do think You should make it a boat ride, but a slow one, like IASWAA, And Make it a Fantasia Boat ride, because Fantasia is filled with weird creatures. ALso add in a few original scenes..Just a thought

dizpins14

How about we get a couple of horses paint them pink and superglue horns on them and we make unicorns. I mean a real life one would much cooler than an animatronic. Maybe it could be like a petting zoo and kids can ride the unicorn. Then we take a human and a horse and see if a menataur can be made with a little help from DUCT TAPE.

Just an idea

Actually form my understanding several small exhibits of animatronics mythical animals were planned to be either scattered across BK or set up along an exhibit trail.

Personally I would prefer the walk threw myself as this would allow people to get a better view of the creatures and keep the ride line density down:animwink: :lol:

Figment1986

I like the boat idea, exept make it a bit like rhino rally, wear you have a regular person be navagator, and you hit a fork in the river, one way to dragon, other to a more peaceful way back to human world. that way if you have a little kid on bord the person would have it up to him/herself to chose or have the whole boat poll, then if most of the boat or the erpson didn't want to go to the dragons's cave. you just go the other way. Just an Idea,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom