My fantastic new computer!

jojoyner55

Original Poster
Not meaning to get into any PC/MAC debates - But..
%^&* my new computer defies belief. I just went crazy and bought a dual processor 2 Ghz PowerMac G5 (64 Bit), which I upgraded to 2.5 Gbytes of RAM, with a 250 Gbyte Hard drive, and a Radeon 9600 video card...wow. I also got the new Apple 20" Cinema Display- you should see what my digital pictures look like from my last WDW trip (June) look like on this rig. This thing redefines fast. Pardon my gushing...Expensive - Yes. But - you get what you pay for. Number of times I have ever had to call Apple for support since 1983 (when I bought my first Apple Computer, an Apple IIc) = 0. Number of times I have needed (in all that time) to get something replaced under warranty on the various Apples I have owned= once: the power supply on my son's i Book failed. Quality will out. Now I will get attacked by PC fans...Do you know how may people I know, just at work, whose Dells, Gateways, etc fail out of the box because Dell's buisness plan "is what junk can we buy to build a $499 POS?" Let the ugly comments begin...But Apple does not build junk, Dell does.

imagineer99

Sounds like a great computer:wave:

However, my custom built PC (no brand), rivals yours in every way;)

....and I get to use my nice video card, because games actually COME OUT for the PC:lookaroun:

jojoyner55

Original Poster
Yeah, Right...
Everything in games comes out for the PC - bad, worse, worst, junk very few good.
Only the good stuff survives to get ported to the Mac. We get all the good games, none of the bad...Because the bad gets weeded out before they make the effort to port them to the Mac. You PC guys keep making this argument: that the PC world has 100's more games than Mac. Specious argument. Yes you do have 1000's of more crap...Only the successful games get ported to the Mac. We are lucky in that respect.

imagineer99

I'm not dissing your computer.

We all have different needs/ interests.

Your computer is fantastic! Use it in good health.:)

*goes back to playing Doom III*

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Congratulations on your new computer! :wave:

I've been looking at the G5 for a long time. It looks absolutely fantastic, but I still am not sure if I can make the switch to Mac. :(

Al

Sounds great! That's what I want my next computer to be when this one packs up *kicks it* :lol: The G5s look very nice and so does the OS, and the cinema displays! Got any pics? :D

maelstrom

Ooooooohh! Congratulations on the G5! I envy you. I bought an iBook G4 when they came out in October and I love it. I'll never go back to Windows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom