My Disney Experience Family Friends Question

ChazDiz1971

Original Poster
I have been using the My Disney Experience App for our Family of five (5) since its inception. My wife had been hesitant to utilize the app, and had not accepted my invitation to join, until recently. Now that she has accepted the invitation, and created her own profile, her avatar and profile has disappeared from my app. I am sorry if this is an old question, but just found WDWMagic and I am new to the forum. So, anyone know how I can get my wife's profile back on my app?

FrostyNaples

I have been using the My Disney Experience App for our Family of five (5) since its inception. My wife had been hesitant to utilize the app, and had not accepted my invitation to join, until recently. Now that she has accepted the invitation, and created her own profile, her avatar and profile has disappeared from my app. I am sorry if this is an old question, but just found WDWMagic and I am new to the forum. So, anyone know how I can get my wife's profile back on my app?
This happened also when adding my family. When you sent the original invitation to them, did you use the same email address exactly as the email they finally used to register with? Also, the avatar you chose, would disappear, as when the family member registers for the first time, you are no longer in control of their avatar. If they don't set one up, it will remain a blank blue mickey, or alternatively, when they set it up, it will show the one they chose.

Not really a huge deal, all you have to do in any case, is resend the invitation again. They will see a 'new' notification when the log in, and click it to accept.

Also, log into MDE from a PC, and see if this all jives, sometimes the app is late to the game.

stevehousse

Since she has created her own profile, which I'm sure u have her selected to make changes and etc, she won't nessecarily show on your profile anymore because she has her own. You technically aren't "in charge" of her profile, if that makes sense. When u go to your ADR list or make FPs, she should still be able to see her there, and add her for those things. The same is wih my wife's account. Since it her own account she manages it herself, but I can still add her to our plans and such...

Tom

Beta Return
Use a PC and go to MyDisneyExperience.com. Login.

Go to My Family & Friends List (MyDisneyExperience >> My Profile >> Family & Friends)

Click (+) Add a Guest

Select "By entering his or her name" and enter all of your wife's info. Hit DONE and follow along until it allows you to send her an invite.

It should then allow you to add her new identity to your profile, and you can grant her full privileges.

Tom

Beta Return
Since she has created her own profile, which I'm sure u have her selected to make changes and etc, she won't nessecarily show on your profile anymore because she has her own. You technically aren't "in charge" of her profile, if that makes sense. When u go to your ADR list or make FPs, she should still be able to see her there, and add her for those things. The same is wih my wife's account. Since it her own account she manages it herself, but I can still add her to our plans and such...

This is true. She will now just become a Family Member, as opposed to a fully managed "guest" on the primary user's account. But, her profile can be linked to all of the OP's reservations once she's again imported.

ChazDiz1971

Original Poster
Use a PC and go to MyDisneyExperience.com. Login.

Go to My Family & Friends List (MyDisneyExperience >> My Profile >> Family & Friends)

Click (+) Add a Guest

Select "By entering his or her name" and enter all of your wife's info. Hit DONE and follow along until it allows you to send her an invite.

It should then allow you to add her new identity to your profile, and you can grant her full privileges.

Thanks Tom!

SanderMC

Since I have a similar type question, I hope no one minds if I just tag onto this thread.
I've been reading this site for over a year now but finally joined. This is my first experience using the My Disney Experience website/app.

My extended family is going to WDW next summer. As far as My Disney Experience goes, I am managing myself, DH, and DD. My Dad is managing himself, my Mom, and my brother. My sister is managing herself, my BIL, and 2 nieces. However, when all is said and done, I will probably be doing most of the planning.

I have sent guest requests to both my Dad and my sister, they both accepted, and now I can see them on my Friends and Family List. So now how does it work with everyone else? When the time comes can I make all the FP+ reservations for everyone? Am I going to have to add everyone else to my account and manage them myself? I'm really confused that this point.

FrostyNaples

Since I have a similar type question, I hope no one minds if I just tag onto this thread.
I've been reading this site for over a year now but finally joined. This is my first experience using the My Disney Experience website/app.

My extended family is going to WDW next summer. As far as My Disney Experience goes, I am managing myself, DH, and DD. My Dad is managing himself, my Mom, and my brother. My sister is managing herself, my BIL, and 2 nieces. However, when all is said and done, I will probably be doing most of the planning.

I have sent guest requests to both my Dad and my sister, they both accepted, and now I can see them on my Friends and Family List. So now how does it work with everyone else? When the time comes can I make all the FP+ reservations for everyone? Am I going to have to add everyone else to my account and manage them myself? I'm really confused that this point.

Send the same invite to everyone that's a family or friend. Each person has their own MDE account (should register).

Once everyone accepts each others invites, and all appear in your family and friends list, your good to go.

You then make your reservation, and it will have you select all the attendees based on your family and friends list. Thats how you are all linked during that reservation, and then can make your FP's together when the time comes.

Its a great system once you have it all in order.

Rob562

For a little more clarification on the above post, not everyone has to have their own login (young children obviously won't have their own) but everyone *does* have to be connected in order to make FP+ reservations, etc. You have to connect to each profile individually. Simply becoming a friend of the "master" profile isn't enough.

Go into the MDE app or website. (The language is slightly different between app and site, but the process is essentially the same.) On your Friends & Family click "Add New Guest". Then choose to add via "Mutual Friend". Through each of the "master" profiles you then have access to friend-request the "managed by" profiles under them. The "master" profile will get a notification about the request and they'll have to accept it.
Then repeat this procedure for all the other members in the party.

It's a few extra minutes to get things set up, but once you do everything should work properly.

-Rob

SanderMC

Thank you both FrostyNaples and Rob! I really appreciate the answers. This makes much more sense now, especially since my daughter and nieces are too young to have their own accounts.

-Sandy

FrostyNaples

Thank you both FrostyNaples and Rob! I really appreciate the answers. This makes much more sense now, especially since my daughter and nieces are too young to have their own accounts.

-Sandy

Understand that, forget what the cut off age was, 10 or 13 i think?

I have my 9yr old sister in-law under my profile, so i would be controlling the links on that end.

You might want to make sure of where your nieces profiles are, so there aren't duplicates. Might make it confusing if you have them under your profile, and their parents have them under theirs, etc.

Only one person needs to take control of the kiddos to make it all work out, link tickets, FP's etc.

SanderMC

Thanks FrostyNaples. I ended up having to call Disney last night. What Tom said to do worked but both sets of family members kept getting error messages when they tried to accept the requests. Disney checked my account and sure enough everything was pending on my side so the agent when into their accounts and got it straightened out on their side. Now I can see everyone. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom