Trip Report My Buddy and Me!

Once again, it's your favorite trip reporters favorite trip reporter... And I am heading down to the swamps for a visit!

When: T-Minus 48 hours

Where: TBD - Possibly YC, WL, BW, or a mix.

Who: Myself

1088520355_HIGH.jpg

Also joining me: my friend who's nickname is Monster so I shall refer to him as J Monster (I don't have a pic of him to share) and of course I am bringing a dog! Ya, I know the dogs are the highlight of my TRs now! So don't worry, I got your back! There will be a dog. And this will be a dog you haven't seen/met yet!

Say hello to Mr Bailey!

Screenshot_20240227_143909_Messages.jpg

I will be dragging him around the parks and doing horrible things such as exposing him to weather and crowds, all for social media clout! JK. I only say that because some people may not understand exactly what a working/service K9 goes through for training to be able to mitigate any situation for its handler/human. I will be doing lots of training with Bailey to acclimate him to the hectic environment that is WDW!

Bailey is a Labrador. He is training to assist a young human with a visual impairment. J Monster is that young humans father which is why he is joining me. This trip was decided this past weekend, hence the suddenness of this PTR.

Also, it's J Monsters first trip ever to WDW! Boy oh boy did he pick a good tour guide for the parks... aka Me! Don't worry, he enjoys beer! He and his wife have wanted to visit with their kids and they know we visit a lot. So last weekend over dinner and drinks we decided that I will take Bailey to train and J Monster can join me to learn all about the parks and resorts before their first visit.

Details to come soon!

For anybody who has not read some of my prior trip reports, I am a dog trainer.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday:

I had lots of work to do with Bailey and with J Monster being a first timer at the parks i had to play the role of a plaid vest CM for him lol!

We returned home yesterday and now I can give this TR better attention. With that said...

comedy central season 4 episode 6 GIF by Workaholics

Quick recap of the night prior. As J and I were sitting at the bar at Ale and Compass, an attractive woman in a bathing suit (also wearing a Yacht Club bath robe over it) ordered a burboun to go. She was asking the bartender questions about a certain brand and couldn't recall the name. I asked if she was referring to Widow Jane and she said yes! While the bartender made her drink she was chatting with us in a somewhat "flrity" way.

She was laughing and being very coy. She referred to her "partner" several times who was at the pool and she was getting their drinks. I assumed by her heavy use of "partner" that she was possibly lesbian or poly (there's a reason I say that, so don't judge me lol).

She stayed for several minutes and chatted with us and as she headed out she said "maybe I'll see yall around". I joked with J that she was flirting with us and was possibly a swinger or just looking for a good time. I asked him if it seemed like she said "partner" alot and he agreed. We shrugged it off and continued on.

Fast forward 30 minutes when we left the bar. As we walked through the lobby we hear a woman's voice say "hey you two"! Yes, it was her. She had just come off the elevator with two drinks in her hand. She told us she went up to her room to get 2 more drinks for her and her partner from the room, (at this point I thought to myself that she was seriously forcing the word partner). She told us what floor she was on and several other superfluous tidbits of info such as what she was drinking and again referred to her partners drink but this time she said he likes his drinks with ice and also mentioned her two children at the pool as well.

Now I knew she was married with kids. We chatted again for a few minutes in the same fashion as at the bar in what appeared to be flirtatious and as we said goodbye she once again said I'll see you two around. J and I once again joked that she liked us and that we shot down her advances lol!

Then it hit me! I said to J, "dude, we got it all wrong! She doesn't like us, ....she thinks we're gay!" He had a puzzled look on his face so I explained she saw two guys together at Disney World and was using the word "partner" instead of husband to be more friendly to our perceived gay partnership. He took a moment to process it and within a few seconds he turned his head with a slightly dropped jaw and said "oh man, it all makes sense now"

We had a big laugh as we now joked that we thought a hot lady was into us but she really only wanted to be friends with the gay couple at the bar! My pinks socks didn't help my cause hahaha! With our egos deflated we headed back to the room.

Ok so let's get to Saturday!

I woke early amd took Bailey on a walk and got some coffee form the marketplace

20240302_080032.jpg

I had gotten a nasty cat bite prior to leaving and had been using medical grade srubbinng sponges to clean the wound. I was instructed to "scrub until it hurts then scrub some more.

20240302_083139.jpg

Soon we headed out and over to Hollywppd Studios!

20240302_092335.jpg

We got some photopass pics on the way to ToT

1344671879_HIGH.jpg

1344671587_HIGH.jpg

I stepped aside so J could get a magic shot. He had no clue why the photographer was telling him to pose this way but we assured him it would be worth it.

1344672150_HIGH.jpg

His wife LOVED this pic when I sent it.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Saturday:

I had lots of work to do with Bailey and with J Monster being a first timer at the parks i had to play the role of a plaid vest CM for him lol!

We returned home yesterday and now I can give this TR better attention. With that said...

Quick recap of the night prior. As J and I were sitting at the bar at Ale and Compass, an attractive woman in a bathing suit (also wearing a Yacht Club bath robe over it) ordered a burboun to go. She was asking the bartender questions about a certain brand and couldn't recall the name. I asked if she was referring to Widow Jane and she said yes! While the bartender made her drink she was chatting with us in a somewhat "flrity" way.

She was laughing and being very coy. She referred to her "partner" several times who was at the pool and she was getting their drinks. I assumed by her heavy use of "partner" that she was possibly lesbian or poly (there's a reason I say that, so don't judge me lol).

She stayed for several minutes and chatted with us and as she headed out she said "maybe I'll see yall around". I joked with J that she was flirting with us and was possibly a swinger or just looking for a good time. I asked him if it seemed like she said "partner" alot and he agreed. We shrugged it off and continued on.

Fast forward 30 minutes when we left the bar. As we walked through the lobby we hear a woman's voice say "hey you two"! Yes, it was her. She had just come off the elevator with two drinks in her hand. She told us she went up to her room to get 2 more drinks for her and her partner from the room, (at this point I thought to myself that she was seriously forcing the word partner). She told us what floor she was on and several other superfluous tidbits of info such as what she was drinking and again referred to her partners drink but this time she said he likes his drinks with ice and also mentioned her two children at the pool as well.

Now I knew she was married with kids. We chatted again for a few minutes in the same fashion as at the bar in what appeared to be flirtatious and as we said goodbye she once again said I'll see you two around. J and I once again joked that she liked us and that we shot down her advances lol!

Then it hit me! I said to J, "dude, we got it all wrong! She doesn't like us, ....she thinks we're gay!" He had a puzzled look on his face so I explained she saw two guys together at Disney World and was using the word "partner" instead of husband to be more friendly to our perceived gay partnership. He took a moment to process it and within a few seconds he turned his head with a slightly dropped jaw and said "oh man, it all makes sense now"

We had a big laugh as we now joked that we thought a hot lady was into us but she really only wanted to friends with the gay couple at the bar! My pinks socks didn't help my cause hahaha! With our egos deflated we headed back to the room.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

This is by far the best story you've ever had. This beats dog stories, beer stories, cat stories, meet up stories, and even the pink sock story. The pink socks.....hahahahhahaha they played their part so well! I can't stop laughing, I've got to go read it again.

fractal

Saturday:

We had a big laugh as we now joked that we thought a hot lady was into us but she really only wanted to friends with the gay couple at the bar! My pinks socks didn't help my cause hahaha! With our egos deflated we headed back to the room.

View attachment 771645

I had gotten a nasty cat bite prior to leaving and had been using medical grade srubbinng sponges to clean the wound. I was instructed to "scrub until it hurts then scrub some more.

View attachment 771646

View attachment 771647

View attachment 771651

View attachment 771652

I stepped aside so J could get a magic shot. He had no clue why the photographer was telling him to pose this way but we assured him it would be worth it.

View attachment 771653

This reads like a plot to a Three's Company episode. 👍 😂

giphy.gif

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday continued:

Weather was great this morning. Snapped a quick pic at Muppet Courtyard. Is that the name of this area?

20240302_100035.jpg

As we entered RoTR a CM looked at Bailey and said "that animal is on the dark side". I was cracking up! (Get it, black lab, dark side)

20240302_101019.jpg

Bailey was quite obedient during our capture by the First Order

20240302_101841.jpg

We had to wait for a kennel CM sonwe got some pics. The kennel is on the left as you unload from the attraction at the end. There is a pathway directly behind the CM station at unloading amd your turn right

20240302_102031.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday:

I did not tell J anything at all about RoTR as I wanted to see his reaction. As we rode, I could see the awe in his facial expressions as we entered the room with AT ATs amd then took the turbo lift up. I heard him say "woooow" as zoomed up the lift.

He called his wife after we rode and was over the top gushing about the ride as he explained it to her with the excitement of a child, i.e "and then they capture you, and then you get put in a cell, and then they rescue you and you zoom through the Star Destroyer, and then Kylo Ren puts his light saber through the ceiling"...etc

It was definitely time for some beer so there was only one place to go!

20240302_104908.jpg

Baseline!!

20240302_105030.jpg

J had the Scrimshaw Pilsner. He tried at Geyser Point the day before and really liked it. I had the Red Sea ale.

Next up was Star Tours. I love the kennel cards they use here to mark the kennel clean or dirty.

20240302_114403.jpg

The hallway that you take back to loading area is simply called the bypass but last June when I was there training Zelda I thought the CM called it the Bi Frost (from Thor movies) and I thought that was the coolest nickname especially since the hallway has such thay colored hue to it. When I told the CM it was a cool nickname she looked at me with a puzzled face and told me thats not what they call it. I said I must have misunderstood and we had a good laugh and both agreed it would be a lot cooler if they called it that. Here's a pic of the "Bi Frost'

20240302_114502.jpg

J had to use the restroom when we left so I got a cool pic of Bailey. Can anybody guess where this is??

20240302_114912.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday continued:

We headed back into Batuu for our ride on Smugglers Run

20240302_121422.jpg

He kind of stole the show as we waited in the loading area (where the chess table is). Several people were just taking pictures of him. It cracks me up when people sneak a picutre of him as if I would get upset. I'm sure their just being respectful as to not stuxl a camera in his face but some people are quite noticeable in their sneaky ways lol!

20240302_121606.jpg

Below is a pic of the kennel in the Falcon

20240302_121913.jpg

We got an entire ship to ourselves so we both were both captains. The CM was very friendly and gave Bailey an excellent report card for good behavior!

20240302_122630.jpg

20240302_123222.jpg

We headed back to Star Tours because J wanted to get a different sequence to experience. As we entered I noticed the CM who was the one that I thought called the bypass the "Bi Frost". She recognized me as we approached! We had a nice chat and she was kind enough (and very excited) to get a pic with Bailey

20240302_125721.jpg

Attachments

• 20240302_121543.jpg
    20240302_121543.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 19

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday continued:

It was time to hit that traaack switch so we headed over to the Chinese Theater

20240302_132232.jpg

Bailey did great on the ride. It's quite a jerky ride but they allow dogs to ride.

Had to get a pic with Gert

20240302_141122.jpg

Then it was TSMM! J and are team mates in a cornhole league back home and he is competitive. I explained as much as I could to make it a fair match since I have way more experience. I was also handicapped because they allow dogs to ride TSMM as well so I had to keep and eye on Bailey as we played.

20240302_142337.jpg

For his first time playing, J did very well. But it wasn't enough to best me!

20240302_143451.jpg

By now, Bailey was running on fumes and we needed a break as well so we headed back to the room. We grabbed some burgers from Hurricane Hannah's (poolside bar at YC)

20240302_153524.jpg

They were decent. Nothing to write home about but good enough to enjoy.

donaldtoo

Saturday:

We had a big laugh as we now joked that we thought a hot lady was into us but she really only wanted to be friends with the gay couple at the bar! My pinks socks didn't help my cause hahaha! With our egos deflated we headed back to the room.

View attachment 771645

View attachment 771646

View attachment 771647

View attachment 771651

View attachment 771652

View attachment 771653

I hope nobody is offended by this, because they’re obviously mocking/making fun of the recruiter, but, the first part of your post reminded me of this scene from “Stripes”…!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom