Muppets

Elaine

Original Poster
I read or heard somewhere that Disney was bidding on the Muppets. I also heard that Brian? Henson didn't want to sell to Disney. Has anyone heard anything about this? I think it would be great. Don't know what his problem is. No one would treat them better. I started thinking about this again when I saw Diane Sawyer on GMA with Elmo and friends and heard that she is going to be on one of their new shows.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Disney is reportedly in the lead but has no exact confirmation of this. Eisner did say during the Annual Shareholders Meeting that they were going after the Muppets and wouldn't be surprised if they got them soon but they have said this before. Saban, who was a front runner for the Muppets, has dropped out and Dean Valentine, who did have the Muppets for a few weeks, dropped out because he couldn't find the finances to complete the deal with EM.TV, the current owners of the Muppets who are trying to sell them to pay off debts.

Elaine

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks very much for the prompt answer. I think that's really something to look forward to. It will be a big plus for the company and for all who love them if it happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom