Muppet Vision Location?

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
I may have missed this if it was posted, but I just returned from WDW and I noticed that you leave Star Tours, walk to the left and enter the area of Muppet Vision 3D, then you have the future site of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. I cannot imagine Start Tours and its Endor theme giving way to the MUppet area, then to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. That's a major theme disruption.

Anyone know what will come of Muppet Vision upon the opening of SWGE, or what might become of the Star Tours area and themeing? There's no way WDW will have you enter Endor, then Muppet Labs, then back into Star Wars.

Nemo14

You never know...

1531270371445.jpeg

images

cosplay-starwars-muppets-stormtrooper-beaker.jpg

Goofyernmost

The Muppets, at this point, are not going anyplace, however, the insiders are pretty sure that Star Tours will be changed out to a different IP, that is currently not for public consumption. It is a couple of years down the road, but, it is supposed to happen. The only way to not have Galaxy melt into something not Star Wars related is to make the whole park Star Wars. As much as many of you would like that, most of us might just want to have a non-Star Wars experience there.

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
The Muppets, at this point, are not going anyplace, however, the insiders are pretty sure that Star Tours will be changed out to a different IP, that is currently not for public consumption. It is a couple of years down the road, but, it is supposed to happen. The only way to not have Galaxy melt into something not Star Wars related is to make the whole park Star Wars. As much as many of you would like that, most of us might just want to have a non-Star Wars experience there.

Thanks. I would not want an entire Star Wars Park, but there are ways of transitioning gently from land to land. Muppet Vision area straight into Galaxy's Edge is, unless the transition will exist in the entrance, a bit drastic.

Goofyernmost

Thanks. I would not want an entire Star Wars Park, but there are ways of transitioning gently from land to land. Muppet Vision area straight into Galaxy's Edge is, unless the transition will exist in the entrance, a bit drastic.
Just look at it as if you just rocketed in from the edge of the Galaxy back to a planet that had talking frogs, amorous frog loving pigs, Swedish chefs and a menagerie of weird characters. Not that much of a stretch really. Plus there is a good chance that things are drastically different when you move inward away from the edge of the galaxy.

bingie

Maybe they can pull a TSMM and re-work the entry to Star Tours so it's on the rear of the building... then make a path from SWL going behind Muppets and the Olive Garden to Star Tours?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Muppetvision is on Grand Avenue. The appropriately themed (to the avenue) tunnel entrance will transition to SWL on the other side.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think they were referring to coming from SWL to Grand Avenue. It is a two way tunnel isn't it?
Yep. The theatre will be as out of place as Grand Avenue is. Or isn’t.

There’s a reason a lot of the thematic clutter was removed from the building.

Goofyernmost

Yep. The theatre will be as out of place as Grand Avenue is. Or isn’t.

There’s a reason a lot of the thematic clutter was removed from the building.
I don't have an issue with it, since to me it is just going from one land to another and the tunnel obscures what is behind you enough that it makes the transition pretty painless. It's kinda like you just left the edge of the Galaxy and have gone to a brand new world. (which it is really) The transition probably happened when we were in sleep phase.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't have an issue with it, since to me it is just going from one land to another and the tunnel obscures what is behind you enough that it makes the transition pretty painless. It's kinda like you just left the edge of the Galaxy and have gone to a brand new world. (which it is really) The transition probably happened when we were in sleep phase.
Me neither.

This is a place after all where we walk out of Liberty Square into Fanatsyland.

Last edited:

righttrack

When you think of the fact that all we see is themeing and the ride buildings are hidden so far behind, there is so much you can do. They can move entrances 45 degrees too and not change anything other than what you see as you come/leave.

AshaNeOmah

Maybe they can pull a TSMM and re-work the entry to Star Tours so it's on the rear of the building... then make a path from SWL going behind Muppets and the Olive Garden to Star Tours?

That makes sense to me, but I've not read it as a possibility anywhere. Maybe not wanting two simulator rides in one land? It seems like a shame to lose Star Tours and go back to the now typical 'two attraction land" expansion.

tomast

That makes sense to me, but I've not read it as a possibility anywhere. Maybe not wanting two simulator rides in one land? It seems like a shame to lose Star Tours and go back to the now typical 'two attraction land" expansion.
i think more than an entrance they may build a new exit for Star Tours, leaving you in SWL

AshaNeOmah

It is not.

From what you've heard, does it seem like a sure thing Star Tours will no longer be Star Wars themed? Even if they keep the ride?

I know that's been the rumor since SW:GE was announced.

i think more than an entrance they may build a new exit for Star Tours, leaving you in SWL

They should revise all the third scenes land on Batuu! You walk out the exit and end up at Black Spire Outpost. That'd be awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom