MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
There are some easy wins they could score in the meantime - I'm assuming there will be some kind of show when Communicore Hall opens eventually at Epcot? And maybe some update to Festival of Fantasy which is REALLY showing its age next to Magic Happens.

Also there's the Little Mermaid at DHS, but they couldn't even pin the details of that down until a few months ago. So lead time has got to be INSANE these days.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I would love to see WDW get a drone show like they have at Disneyland Paris. Just spent a week in France with our last day dedicated to going to DLP because I needed to see this drone show. It was absolutely amazing and one of the best shows I’ve ever seen Disney put on. It was super impressive and nostalgic. If you haven’t seen it I’m sure it’s on YouTube!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wanted to love it. It just didn’t do anything for me. Kite Tails got more of a reaction out of me.
I wouldn't go that far (with Kite Tails)... although the stadium crash landings were entertaining I will say lol

ROL just didn't have any wow effects after the first 5 minutes... they need to use more fire, lasers, low level sparks/fireworks without noise, something

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't go that far (with Kite Tails)... although the stadium crash landings were entertaining I will say lol

ROL just didn't have any wow effects after the first 5 minutes... they need to use more fire, lasers, low level sparks/fireworks without noise, something
Yes, my reactions were due to the crash landings. Baloo got stuck in a tree and I couldn’t stop laughing.

Kittlesona

It's crazy to me that they didn't just move that to Galaxy's Edge. It would fit perfectly there and help with the kind of "lived in" feel the area needs.
I could get behind this moving to Galaxy’s edge. I agree the DHS needs more kinetic energy but I REALLY don’t want this back as it was in its previous iteration. Star Wars has a dedicated land and it would be great for the rest of the park to get back to other things it used to have. Is the toy soldier drum line still performing at all? That was awesome. Also: bring back the citizens of Hollywood for kinetic energy

PREMiERdrum

Only good thing about Rivers of Light was it got bodies off of Expedition Everest.
Rivers of Light - as much as I am still head-over-heels in love with the original score and visual concept - was a preview of the mistake they'd eventually make with Harmonious: Too focused on the hardware, not enough on the story.

The production team reverse-engineered a story around the self-driving floats they had developed, and the show ultimately died by their limitations. The horde of floating lanterns would never be deployed as the tolerances between them and the larger floats were incompatible, and we were left with a partial version of an already compromised effort.

The root concept had a ton of potential, and had they focused more on the visual projection quality with larger waterscreens and including the TOL - instead of minimizing everything else to focus on the floats - it could have been salvaged.

I still listen to the soundtrack. Often.

Brian

The dented airship float and squeaking monstro float are saying they got 5 more years in em! The head of the dragon no longer tilts sideways & the pirates ship no longer sways back and forth.
Weak sauce. This beast is still cruising the mean streets of Frontierland, even after all these years.

castle-float-fantasyland-magic-kingdom-annual-passholder-preview-disney-world-122.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom