Mr Blue Bird Lives..

EPCOT Explorer

If they do a complete overhaul of Splash I don't think it would be any time soon. I just couldn't see them closing Space and Splash at the same time for such long periods of time. But , I do remeber riding it when it first opened and now a lot of the AAs do not work half the time. So I agree that they do need to waterproof everything again or something.
It already gets a refurb every february.:shrug:

Disneyson 1

A bit O.T, but has anyone ever noticed the (I think pelicans, or could be crocodiles) that, in the first show scene, stop singing and turn towards you, saying "Good Day!" or something like that? I saw that on my last visit and I was like WOW!
P.S. Wouldn't that be a great place to put in that tracking technology?

primusjim

It wasn't that Mr. Bluebird has been broken this whole time, he was with artist prep getting beautified. The one in the show was a static figure. Sadly we took out the gator with the concertina (accordian) the same night we reinstalled mr bluebird. I was hoping we could have a weekend with every figure in the show, but it was not to be. And Hoppy hasn't had any major downtimes in months.

DisneyWall-E

It already gets a refurb every february.:shrug:
this I know. I was talking more along the lines of reworking the ride from top to bottom doing whatever they can to make the need for a yearly refurb no longer needed, and what seems like week to week breakdowns a thing of the past.:shrug:

hardcard

Original Poster
It wasn't that Mr. Bluebird has been broken this whole time, he was with artist prep getting beautified. The one in the show was a static figure. Sadly we took out the gator with the concertina (accordian) the same night we reinstalled mr bluebird. I was hoping we could have a weekend with every figure in the show, but it was not to be. And Hoppy hasn't had any major downtimes in months.

I understand... I just said 'downtime'.. hoppy has been working a lot lately... I thought it was bizzare seeing him down as well

SirGoofy

this I know. I was talking more along the lines of reworking the ride from top to bottom doing whatever they can to make the need for a yearly refurb no longer needed, and what seems like week to week breakdowns a thing of the past.:shrug:

Splash will almost always require a yearly downtime. Heck, all rides SHOULD have a yearly downtime, but that's a different discussion.

Animatronics in direct contact with water isn't an easy thing to up keep, which requires a yearly downtime.

DisneyMusician2

Splash will almost always require a yearly downtime. Heck, all rides SHOULD have a yearly downtime, but that's a different discussion.

Animatronics in direct contact with water isn't an easy thing to up keep, which requires a yearly downtime.

Bingo. But no one wants it to be down in the off-season when they might be on their trip..we've all seen our share of "outraged and I'm not coming back" posts...:brick:

hardcard

Original Poster
Were the "jumping" fountains working in the ride?

I have been going to mk regularly over the past year, and have yet to see the jumpiung fountains 'not' working.. I assume you mean the jumping fountains in the final show scene before the the big drop, right?

ryno1982

what I'd like to know is are they ever going to fix the splash down pics at the end of the ride before the unloading area? I seem to recall it used to show your picture before you got off the boat.

That's at Disneyland. For the longest time it didn't work, but now it does. In our Splash Mountain, there's a screen to preview the photos in the queue line right before fastpass merge. It hasn't worked in ages.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
WOO HOO!!!:D This made my day....saw he wasn't doing his part in February....and now I will be singing zipideedoodah all day long.....:lookaroun....especially the Mr. Bluebird part....:animwink:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom