Moving to Orlando!

Brandon Bowman

Original Poster
Finally got in the Disney College Program! Since my girlfriend and dog will be tagging along I am Looking for a safe place around 850/month does anyone have any suggestions?

TowerOfTerror

Look into the 32821,34747, 32836 and 34714 zip codes for the closest apartments near disney. 34714 will have the cheapest apartments but they are in a less desirable area. I know people who have lived in www.century-apartments.com/century-palms and they seemed to like it there. Don't be afraid to also check out craigslist for rentals also.

Brandon Bowman

Original Poster
Im mainly looking for safe areas. I know it is a large concern to us and having never lived in Florida I really have No idea where to look. Looking at 32821 and 32836 they seem very close to Disney

CaptainShortty

Try Bella apartments, falcon square apartments, Alexandria/park vue apartments, Cumberland Park apartments and Abaco key apartments. All are very close to property and house a lot of Disney CMs including PIs and CPs living off site. For a little farther away but still really nice apartments try Integra meadows in Davenport. They're a little cheaper and very nice but a bit farther away.

71jason

Alexandria/Park Vue for convenience. Anywhere on Westwood Blvd. equally as safe, almost as convenient, going to be a bit cheaper. Both also have a nice mix of young people, pretty much all of whom work in the tourist industry.

Really, as long as you stay within 10 minutes of WDW on the Orlando side of things, going to be alright. Feel free to private message with questions about specific locations.

IAmFloridaBorn

Finally got in the Disney College Program! Since my girlfriend and dog will be tagging along I am Looking for a safe place around 850/month does anyone have any suggestions?
Although crime is reasonably low in Orlando, you might want to just find somewhere reasonable and not worry too too much about safety. Zip codes to avoid?

and most of 32801

I'd look into 32837, 32824, and 32819. Not far from Disney and in relatively safe areas of Orange County.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Although crime is reasonably low in Orlando, you might want to just find somewhere reasonable and not worry too too much about safety. Zip codes to avoid?

and most of 32801

I'd look into 32837, 32824, and 32819. Not far from Disney and in relatively safe areas of Orange County.
Just out of curiosity is the Winter Park, Maitland area considered safe?

Brandon Bowman

Original Poster
Thanks guys! We have a list of some places we are looking at but once we narrow it down I will let you know to see what you think! Also i would like to stay within 15 minutes or so

Brandon Bowman

Original Poster
Since I have a Husky alot of places have a breed restriction on her :(
Does anyone have some suggestions for dog friendly apartments about 15 minutes or so away from Disney? So far the best we could find are century palm and Bella. Both are a little more than I wanted to pay as well XD

emcclay

Sabal Palms doesn't have strict dog restrictions. We are about 5-10 minutes away from the gates- depending on traffic.

Hobnail Boot

I too will be moving to Orlando soon and am looking for an apartment. My budget is lower (anything under $700) because I'll be living alone. I have no problem with a moderate commute if I have to. Anyone know anything about Nassau Bay, Pinnacle Pointe/Cove, or Andover Place? Those are my frontrunners right now. I'm open to any more suggestions.

71jason

I too will be moving to Orlando soon and am looking for an apartment. My budget is lower (anything under $700) because I'll be living alone. I have no problem with a moderate commute if I have to. Anyone know anything about Nassau Bay, Pinnacle Pointe/Cove, or Andover Place? Those are my frontrunners right now. I'm open to any more suggestions.

Based solely on their locations, I'd visit Nassau Bay or Andover Place in person before signing anything. Neither is in a great neighborhood.

Where will you be working? Might be able to offer better suggestions based on that.

Hobnail Boot

I'll be working at Universal or Disney, not sure which yet. It all depends on what jobs are available when I graduate next month.

71jason

With WDW, living in Clermont/Davenport/Haines City is a real option, could be more affordable. A ton of CMs are migrating to the Route 27 corridor. Roughly same commute as your other choices, but better areas.

Hobnail Boot

With WDW, living in Clermont/Davenport/Haines City is a real option, could be more affordable. A ton of CMs are migrating to the Route 27 corridor. Roughly same commute as your other choices, but better areas.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was told about the Davenport area before but all my searches hadn't returned much for that area. I'll dig deeper.

You really sound very confident. You already got accepted? Lots of luck in whatever park you get in!
No, I haven't been accepted yet. This has been my plan for about a decade so once I graduate next month I'll apply to what appeals to me. I am pretty confident I'll land a job, but I realize it will be years until I'll be at the career level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom