Most comfortable shoes...

Ember

If there is already a thread for this please point me in the right direction. I just wanted to get some thoughts on what you think are the best types and brands of shoes to wear to Disney. I have been burned in the past and want to get some really good shoes for this trip. Your input would be much appreciated :)

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
There are plenty of opinions out there from WDW fans! I personally wouldn't wear anything but running/tennis shoes, but everyone's different. I was a New Balance guy before my last purchase, but went with a pair of Brooks Adrenalines before our last trip and I love them. You'll be good in any decent pair of running shoes (NB, Asics, Brooks, and Saucony are all popular with WDW folks) The main thing I would recommend is don't wait til the last minute. Buy them well in advance and wear them in before you go!

Upvote 0

dopeylover

I decided to bring my New Balance only, along with a pair of flip flops for the pool, and I deeply regretted that decision. These weren't new shoes, and I had socks I could breath in and everything, and my feet were COVERED in blisters and in so much pain, I finally gave in one day and bought a pair of Crocs flip flops at EPCOT, and it was the best thing I did for my feet! I actually wore them the rest of the trip b/c they were so comfortable, and gave my feet a chance to rest and heal. So I say whatever you do, bring at least two pairs of shoes so your feet aren't being pressured in the same place every day.

On a side note- the WORST shoe decision I ever made in my life was in WDW. I was 17, on our Senior Trip, and too concerned about being cute to worry about comfort. So I brought a pair of jelly HEELED shoes I insisted on wearing...and ended up having to be carried back to my room at the end of the night. And this wasn't my first rodeo at WDW. KIDS!

Upvote 0

RedDad

I have honestly never had problems with blisters at the parks, and we are typically "hard-core" park-goers, on the move non-stop except when on rides. I can' imagine trying to walk in flip flops at WDW but that's just me.

I did wear a pair of very old new balance shoes one trip, and after several days my arches were killing me. Depending on the time of year you go, I would always recommend 2 pairs of shoes in case it rains. I was very glad I brought my old pair last time since it rained during 3 of the days we were there, and my shoes didn't dry during the night.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
If there is already a thread for this please point me in the right direction. I just wanted to get some thoughts on what you think are the best types and brands of shoes to wear to Disney. I have been burned in the past and want to get some really good shoes for this trip. Your input would be much appreciated :)
It's been a while so keep your thread going!! I live in Crocs Vezzy style flip flops for the parks but that's me. With any new shoe try them on in the store and walk around in them until you practically get thrown out by the salesperson!! I am not kidding it's the only way for you to know if they are the right shoes for you!! Good luck and make sure you have the right ones for you!!

Upvote 0

Jillie Fish

I wear my nike shox, but I also plan on bringing my running shoes as well. I am thinking of buying fit-flops because they look like they offer arch support. My problem isn't usually my feet - its my lower back! I've even started working out to strengthen my back muscles so I'm not in 10/10 back pain on my trip.

Upvote 0

Ember

Original Poster
We are a Teva family!!!
Was looking at Tevas today. They have some really nice ones that look super comfy and they have ones that cover the toes too (my DH is a freak about showing his toes in public lol). I have croc flops and NB running shoes, but I'm worried about what will happen with both if it rains. The crocs tend to slide all over the place and my NBs would get disgusting. I bought mesh Lands End hiking sandal/sneaker things last time and it rained which left me with blisters so bad I walked barefoot back to the car.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Was looking at Tevas today. They have some really nice ones that look super comfy and they have ones that cover the toes too (my DH is a freak about showing his toes in public lol). I have croc flops and NB running shoes, but I'm worried about what will happen with both if it rains. The crocs tend to slide all over the place and my NBs would get disgusting. I bought mesh Lands End hiking sandal/sneaker things last time and it rain which left me with blisters so bad I walked barefoot back to the car.
You may want to look into Keens. My wife bought a pair for our last trip and she loved them. Not the most attractive footwear you'll see, but a good cross between sandals and tennis shoes.

Upvote 0

swissamy

A few random thoughts:
We go to WDW a few times each year and have found that even our most trusted tried and true shoes can end up hurting us after a heavy day of walking. Therefore, I always bring a few different pairs so I can alternate. I also bring bandaids just in case and NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER wear totally new shoes! Buy them a week ahead and wear them first! I love my Skechers that are SSR running shoes (and I dont run - at all) because they have great support, however sometimes I weal a pair of moccasins from LL Bean that are so old and comfy I dont even really need to lace them...Always have a second comfortable pair in case of bad weather, shoes get wet with puddles, summer storms and wet shoes are a blister waiting to happen!! My son always wears his Crocs Athens Flip Flops or his tennis shoes...I guess my point is wear what you know already feels good, have a spare and have a GREAT trip!!

Upvote 0

littleroo

Was looking at Tevas today. They have some really nice ones that look super comfy and they have ones that cover the toes too (my DH is a freak about showing his toes in public lol). I have croc flops and NB running shoes, but I'm worried about what will happen with both if it rains. The crocs tend to slide all over the place and my NBs would get disgusting. I bought mesh Lands End hiking sandal/sneaker things last time and it rained which left me with blisters so bad I walked barefoot back to the car.

I highly recommend them! We literally wear nothing else, as far as brands go in disney.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member

I have 3 different pairs/styles of Merrell's ladies sandals and they are incredible shoes.
41xiwmQvNsL._SX100_.jpg

I much prefer these over my athletic shoes and they are much more comfortable for me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom