Most Annoying Guest Behavior

Surge38

I have run into several families with a knack for excessive, albeit hilarious, sunscreen usage on my last few trips. Most of them appeared to be Midwestern American, probably from an area with less intense sunshine, and one was a family from Northern Europe (I forget exactly where) who had read about "dangerous south US sun!" in preparation for their trip. (They had asked us where to buy more sunscreen, unbelievably!)

I find that oddly hilarious, especially since we're from Boston. Coming down from a "Boston February" we should have exploded into flames before we could see our first palm tree.

bearandbuzz

I haven't read all the others posts I'm afraid, but wanted to add...
Line cutting really gets me, like others have said I'm british and will mumble under my breath about it but never actually have the guts to say anything, just throw a look!
But, I do remember when we went in 2011 how lovely it was when we were waiting in line for toy story mania with dh and my two boy aged 3 & 5, and inevitably after 50 odd minutes the youngest declared he needed the toilet, then my eldest decided he did too. In England it would have been a massive mission and many rolled eyes and tuts would have been thrown my way getting in and out the line, but pretty much everyone in the line were great. I apologised as I went each way and explained about the toilet break and everyone seemed to smile and understand, that would never have happened in the uk!

brb1006

I remember waiting for the bus back to All Star Sports at Disney Springs for my third trip and I had to suffer hearing a Brazilian female group sing a chan for 10 minutes!

brb1006

Kids who beat up the characters and their parents do nothing. Ate at the Polynesian recently for breakfast and some little you know whats kept kicking Mickey in the shin, the other cast member was kindly asking them to stop as the parents sat chowin down on their eggs laughing. By the time Mickey came over to us we jokingly asked if he wanted some ice and the other cast member was like yea seriously he needs it you guys saw that?! It was ridiculous.
I don't even want to know the other type of bad behavior guests would treat the characters. I'm already worried about how some guests would treat Marie or Pluto at the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For me there are lots of little things that could get to me but I'm a pretty laid back person so it boils down to 3.

1. Kids running around restaurants like they were playgrounds. I've raised 2 of my own to adulthood and take my now 10 y/o granddaughter so I know it can be done without hanging over the back of a booth, jumping while we're stuck seated on those long booth like connected benches, a strange kid literally hanging on the end of your table while it's parents eat thinking they're cute kind of thing. A waiter actually tried to send a toddler home with my sister and I when we were leaving wolfgang puck's one day. The kid was at our table THAT MUCH. The parents never once came over to get him, call to him etc... and he was 2- 2 1/2 max. I bet I could have easily made it to the door with him before they even noticed (scary).

2. CMs talking out of their a$$. If I ask them a question and they don't know the answer I wish they'd either say so (which I respect) or ask someone else who does.

3. Hub people at parade or fireworks time. They're unsafe, pushing, mean, obnoxious people. Sooooo not magical.

Or kids leaning over your food to take a picture of the fish in the tanks at Rainforest Café. While their mothers completely ignored their child's behavior because they were too busy downing that last glass of wine. And proceeded to give me a dirty look when I told their brat, in a loud voice, to get their camera away from my food. Best part, the kid was completely clueless. Yes, because it's okay to walk over to a stranger's table and lean across their plate - as they are eating - with your camera to take a photo. Kid is lucky I didn't stab his arm with my fork or take a bite. "Umm, this steak is a little undercooked and tastes like sunscreen".

MySmallWorldof4

Last July, right before my family's Fast Passes for BTMM, we heard a large group of Argentinian kids chanting/singing whatever.
(Knew they were Argentinian because of their shirts). The area had been quiet not that long before they arrived. Then when we were in the Fast Pass queue inside they continued their loud obnoxious chanting. It was deafening in the closed space.

I absolutely LOVE everything WDW but I admit there are a few things that tick me off:

-people who constantly "ooooh" and "aaaah" during the fireworks, especially Wishes; and

Oh my gosh, yes all day to this. My lady and I were sitting in the Hub watching Holiday Wishes and the grandmother next to me would not shut the front door to her grandchildren every single time a fire work hit the sky in front of us. Her grandkids were not responding to her in the least but she kept going with the "isn't that cool?" and "ooohh" and "ahhh." The worst was when she'd begin singing a Christmas song and then when she didn't know the words (which often doesn't take long in Christmas songs) she'd verbally yell "La La La!" It really harshed my mellow. Thankfully we watched the NYE Magic Kingdom fireworks from the TTC (on Dec 30th, natch).

As a grumpy middle-ish aged man I also need to bemoan the use of cell phones while on line and in waiting areas of restaurants. More than once on my recent trip I was forced to listen to some sporting event that a person in my vicinity was watching and it was hella annoying. Besides it being super rude for anyone who doesn't want to hear crowd noise while queuing for Toy Story Midway Mania, it would be nice if these kids could just be in the moment and appreciate the unique sense of place, whether it be underneath a giant Viewfinder or waiting to brunch at Chef Mickey's. Back to my rocking chair now...

Was at Hollywood Studios the other day, getting ready to watch Muppet Vision 3D and this family of three (Husband, Wife, and Daughter) plop down in the middle of the row despite being the first ones to enter the theater. The cast member calmly asks them to move all the way down, they, of course, act as though they are deaf. So, she asks louder. Again, they are doing the deaf thing. So, she kind of loses her stuff and yells something along the lines of "Please move all the way down, it isn't fair to everyone else!"

So, they stand up, led by the father and reach the end of the row. Instead of taking a seat, they proceed to head for the exits and, as icing on the cake, the guy hurls his glasses at the cast member while the daughter and mother have a good laugh.

So, yea, that was pretty cool

jaklgreen

Was at Hollywood Studios the other day, getting ready to watch Muppet Vision 3D and this family of three (Husband, Wife, and Daughter) plop down in the middle of the row despite being the first ones to enter the theater. The cast member calmly asks them to move all the way down, they, of course, act as though they are deaf. So, she asks louder. Again, they are doing the deaf thing. So, she kind of loses her stuff and yells something along the lines of "Please move all the way down, it isn't fair to everyone else!"

So, they stand up, led by the father and reach the end of the row. Instead of taking a seat, they proceed to head for the exits and, as icing on the cake, the guy hurls his glasses at the cast member while the daughter and mother have a good laugh.

So, yea, that was pretty cool

Security should have been called on those people. Throwing anything at a cast member can be seen as assault now. I don't get why it is so hard for people to understand that you can still see the 3D shows just fine even at the end of the row. Last trip of mine in Philharmagic a family stopped in the middle and sat down. It was pretty full and so they were announcing to move all the way down. Well they would not move so some big guy stood over them glaring at them until they got up and moved. He didn't say a word just got really close and stared them down. I thought it was funny.

DfromATX

Last July, right before my family's Fast Passes for BTMM, we heard a large group of Argentinian kids chanting/singing whatever.
(Knew they were Argentinian because of their shirts). The area had been quiet not that long before they arrived. Then when we were in the Fast Pass queue inside they continued their loud obnoxious chanting. It was deafening in the closed space.

How about this: last time at Fantasmic, a whole section of Brazilian AND Argentinian group battling it out! Oh my...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Honestly, I never let ANYone outside of one person who is moving through a line saying "can I get with my family?" ... I'll let one person up, but no more than one. You're not supposed to save spots in line regardless. Everyone else letting that group of two or more by, they get to me, and I won't let em buy without trouble. "Excuse me, I need to get with my family" .. Well. Excuse me, but call your family back to where you are standing, because yall are not supposed to save spots in line. Wait in line just like everyone else. Whether you're telling the truth or not. I hate it.

Also, I can also never get past the floating head scene in Haunted Mansion without all of those flash pictures being taken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom