More Than Three FP+ When Park Hopping Now?

Treasure Island

Original Poster
Did I miss something? My wife's brother came back from WDW two days ago. He said that on his last day, someone he met told him that he should have done what they did when park hopping. Set up your 3 FP+ rides at one park ahead of time like normal, then use the kiosks at the other park (because it does not work any other way) for 3 more. Because he couldn't do it himself, we all would have called bull, but my wife's aunt works at Coronado Springs which is where her brother was staying, so he simply asked her. She confirmed that not many people know about it, but it does in fact work. Personally I think it should if you're paying more for Park Hoppers.

My wife, kids and I go every year and we're going back in May. We can't find any info on this (obviously?), so if anyone reading this has the opportunity, could you try it out and report back? Obviously, it would be great info to have before setting everything up in advance.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't think this is true, or it would have spread like wildfire on here. Perhaps this happened the one day they had a glitch (or, BUGS) in the system a few weeks ago.

Treasure Island

Original Poster
Thanks, Tom. Always appreciate your posts by the way. Assuming the guy wasn't pulling my brother-in-laws leg and assuming my wife's aunt gave correct info (she seemed very sure of herself), it would have happened just a few days ago. With all the controversy around FP+ and park hopping, and being I've heard nothing about this "trick", I figured that if it were true, it went into effect VERY recently, whether on a permanent or on a trial basis.

I like your glitch/bugs remark - I had read that thread ;)

Tom

Beta Return
Thanks, Tom. Always appreciate your posts by the way. Assuming the guy wasn't pulling my brother-in-laws leg and assuming my wife's aunt gave correct info (she seemed very sure of herself), it would have happened just a few days ago. With all the controversy around FP+ and park hopping, and being I've heard nothing about this "trick", I figured that if it were true, it went into effect VERY recently, whether on a permanent or on a trial basis.

Well, there definitely is the chance that they're trying to roll out these types of trials very quietly. I'm surely not calling anyone a liar, but it does seem odd that we haven't heard anything similar on here. Anxious to see if something pops up.

stitchsMom

When we were there Christmas - New Years we made our 3 for one park, then hopped to another and changed the last 2 for the new park at a kiosk. But we definitely could not get more. It was a lot of hassle to make the changes and our 3rd FP+ ended up being a waste because we couldn't get the same ride at the same or close/overlapping times for the whole group, so we never used the last one. I wish Disney would allow the freedom to reserve FP+ so we can Park Hop AND plan in advance.

I should add: We had to change the last two FP+ choices BEFORE they expired at the original park.

tahqa

As it currently stands as soon as you use a FP+ for a park you are locked into that park for the day. If you have FP+ for Epcot, for example, and use only 1 of those and then go to DHS and try to swap out the other two for different FP+ the system will not allow it.

They are actively working on park hopping FP+ but it is not live yet and they will not give an ETA on when it will go live. This is from personal experience over the weekend, so yes, it is possible that overnight changes have been made since then, but I highly doubt it.

Mot

I certainly hope this is a go soon because after booking our FP+ 60 days out was not a pleasant experience. We intend to park hop but had to plan the afternoon and evening around some of the available times.

ninjaprincesst

I did find a way around it on my daughter's recent band trip. We had magic bands, but we had cards for our tickets. I discovered since the cards were not linked to the bands you could make three fast passes on the cards and then three more on the bands later at the same or a different park. We just had to make sure we went to two different fastpass lines to get them. Of course you could not make any ahead of time, only the day of, but we did manage to do it both at the same park (managed to get TSMM and Rockin RollerCoaster) and while park hopping.

Rob562

I did find a way around it on my daughter's recent band trip. We had magic bands, but we had cards for our tickets. I discovered since the cards were not linked to the bands you could make three fast passes on the cards and then three more on the bands later at the same or a different park. We just had to make sure we went to two different fastpass lines to get them. Of course you could not make any ahead of time, only the day of, but we did manage to do it both at the same park (managed to get TSMM and Rockin RollerCoaster) and while park hopping.

That doesn't make sense, and what you're describing sounds more like you're talking about the now-totally-removed paper FP system. Back when both FP and FP+ were in use, you could get both by making FP+ over the MDE app (and then using the Bands to check into the attraction) and then using the physical tickets to get additional paper FP's.

Now that paper FP is gone, you can't have three FP+ associated with a ticket and three more with a Band, the system isn't designed that way.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return

That doesn't make sense, and what you're describing sounds more like you're talking about the now-totally-removed paper FP system. Back when both FP and FP+ were in use, you could get both by making FP+ over the MDE app (and then using the Bands to check into the attraction) and then using the physical tickets to get additional paper FP's.

Now that paper FP is gone, you can't have three FP+ associated with a ticket and three more with a Band, the system isn't designed that way.

-Rob

I agree Rob. Something doesn't add up.

Having a Magic Band doesn't grant FP+ privileges. It's the associated/linked admission that grants the privilege.

So, unless there were tickets associated with the MBs, AND they had separate standalone tickets, this had to have happened before legacy was removed.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No

-Rob
Rob562...I think they only way this could possible work is say, in my case, I have a Seasonal Pass linked to my Magic Band which allows me to make my 3 FP+ selections. What if I then used an old paper 1 day ticket as admission media that is NOT linked to my MB but is an RFID card? The system should allow 3 new FP+ on that card but the question is would the SP/MB Fastpasses become null since they system wouldn't see that I'm in the park that day? I think you're right. No double dipping.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I agree Rob. Something doesn't add up.

Having a Magic Band doesn't grant FP+ privileges. It's the associated/linked admission that grants the privilege.

So, unless there were tickets associated with the MBs, AND they had separate standalone tickets, this had to have happened before legacy was removed.
There was a glitch in he system (dunno if it has been fixed, but. I did report it to Disney) that allowed you to book FP+ even if you weren't at Disney!

I was able to do it a few months back...sitting here in Atlanta, and booked a FP+ for Oirates that same afternoon (my travel date isn't until May)...but, I did call and report the issue with details at the time, so not sure if it still exists or is related to what he's saying?

Rob562

There was a glitch in he system (dunno if it has been fixed, but. I did report it to Disney) that allowed you to book FP+ even if you weren't at Disney!

I was able to do it a few months back...sitting here in Atlanta, and booked a FP+ for Oirates that same afternoon (my travel date isn't until May)...but, I did call and report the issue with details at the time, so not sure if it still exists or is related to what he's saying?

Glitches like that generally only lasted a few hours up to a day. Either the poster was there while double-dipping FP and FP+ was still possible, or they used two different admission media that day and essentially wasted a day of park admission to get additional FP+ (because they would've had to enter the park twice, once with each admission, otherwise they'd get issues because they hadn't scanned the ticket to enter the park as got2lovedisney mentioned above.

-Rob

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Glitches like that generally only lasted a few hours up to a day. Either the poster was there while double-dipping FP and FP+ was still possible, or they used two different admission media that day and essentially wasted a day of park admission to get additional FP+ (because they would've had to enter the park twice, once with each admission, otherwise they'd get issues because they hadn't scanned the ticket to enter the park as got2lovedisney mentioned above.

-Rob
Indeed, I just tried, and it failed.

Good for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom