Monorail Yellow Evacuation - Bus entrance to MK closed...detouring now (somewhere)

halltd

Exactly. Which is why it doesn't make sense that the windows were removed on the inside of the track. Which is why I hypothesized that guests on the train did it themselves.
Yip...the guests removed them. I actually wonder if they're supposed to come out or if they just ripped them out. There's no "emergency pull" on these windows like in a bus. They could have easily fallen out of those open windows. Totally not safe!

Edit: Actually, there does appear to be handles on the window from watching the video. I'd never noticed those before.

https://twitter.com/irishguynweho/status/652996372094930944

Last edited:

EvilQueen-T

The last weekend of September we were on monorail yellow running between epcot and mk and the air conditioner wasn't working then so it's sounding like it's in pretty bad need of an overhaul. Had to stink for the people stuck on it for so long tonight and a nightmare moving people around just using buses and boats since that slows things up so much.

hopemax

The last weekend of September we were on monorail yellow running between epcot and mk and the air conditioner wasn't working then so it's sounding like it's in pretty bad need of an overhaul. Had to stink for the people stuck on it for so long tonight and a nightmare moving people around just using buses and boats since that slows things up so much.

I made a post in the monorail thread about the AC not working when we were there in the middle of June, also on Yellow. Now I'm wondering how long it hasn't been working, and how long they are planning on running the train with it not working. Grrr.

DGracey

This one will sting a little for TDO. There's only so much that can build up before tipping points start to be reached on a call for a new fleet.

Stinging is one thing. Whether this will bite hard enough for any change is another. Probably still not enough for TDO action.

Whomever says debating the safety, reliability and just darn good value of running these ancient machines day after day needs to give their head a shake. These trains feed the busiest theme park in the world. They're long past needing an update. When TDO feels it begins to negatively affect the business (like people not staying at the resorts because the monorail quality sucks) is when we'll see some changes.

peachykeen

I would hope it was pushed, kind of scary to think of it slipping that far.

Same! I didn't catch much of what the driver was saying but I guess when the tow started it moved little bit and the brakes locked up. I would guess due to the location the tow would have been back towards Base and not up the hill. I also wasn't sure why/how the brakes couldn't be released from the valve by the nose light. I'll see if I can ask them more details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom