MNSSHP??????

Hi

I am going to WDW in Oct 2014 and I have been looking around for information on MNSSHP but I just wondered what actually happens here I know there is a special parade and firework display but anything else? It just seems like a lot of money for not a great deal?!?!?!

Thanks

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Another great thing is you can get 8 hours in the park with your ticket. We are going to hit the party our first night in town. You can get in at 4:00 with your ticket that gives you 3 hours pre party to hit some attractions. Then you get all the fun party events until midnight.

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Hmmmm we are still debating this for our upcoming disneymoon in September! Hoping I can convince my other half!
My dad is not a Disney person he tolerates it for the sake of the rest of the family but he LOVED the Halloween Party when we took him in 2007. The thought the parade and fireworks were the best he had ever seen. He really liked exploring the park at night with the lights down low. He even went Trick or Treating.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
One thing (among others) that's keeps me from committing to the idea of going to MNSSHP is all that candy! We're already going to be subsisting on amusement park food for a week - do my kids really need to fortify it with bags of halloween candy? But it does sound like fun, so we'll probably go...

You can choose to skip some of the candy spots, since there is usually a line for each one. And you are not given a "ton" of candy at each spot, just a few pieces which are the mini-size ones. And not all chocolate. Trick-or-treating is not the emphasis at the party; don't let candy keep you away!

Upvote 0

jkl2000

You can choose to skip some of the candy spots, since there is usually a line for each one. And you are not given a "ton" of candy at each spot, just a few pieces which are the mini-size ones. And not all chocolate. Trick-or-treating is not the emphasis at the party; don't let candy keep you away!

It was the post above where someone collected a huge amount of candy that got me thinking that way - but I know that's not normal (it's ABNORMAL!).

Upvote 0

gboiler1

My daughter and I are going to enjoy our first party in October. Can anyone suggest a best spot to view the parade? Also, we have the option of attending on Thursday 10/17 or Friday 10/18. Touring plans suggest the Friday night first followed by the Thursday night party. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Upvote 0

MOXOMUMD

My daughter and I are going to enjoy our first party in October. Can anyone suggest a best spot to view the parade? Also, we have the option of attending on Thursday 10/17 or Friday 10/18. Touring plans suggest the Friday night first followed by the Thursday night party. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Everyone will probably tell you something different but (without giving away my favorite spot :)) we watch the parade from the front lines in Frontierland. The parade starts out of the gate by Splash.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I'm a Florida Resident so purchased a Weekday Select Pass which only allows regular admission M-F outside of blocked out dates (generally Easter, Summer, and Christmas). My plan is to attend WDW later in the fall and visit the parks on a M-F. However, with the MNSSHP being a separately ticketed event, I was able to purchase a pass member discount and will be attending on a Sunday night. It's like a bonus day in MK for me. My understanding is that, generally, wait times are less for rides and there is the bonus of all the other special activities already mentioned previously. Because of that, I'll probably have more flexibility at my planned MK day later in the week.

Upvote 0

gboiler1

Everyone will probably tell you something different but (without giving away my favorite spot :)) we watch the parade from the front lines in Frontierland. The parade starts out of the gate by Splash.

Interesting...I had read someone else who mentioned that area as well but only once, so I think your spot/area is pretty safe. I'm so used to the view of the castle but that area might be good to check out for a change.

Upvote 0

GoochDSA

One thing (among others) that's keeps me from committing to the idea of going to MNSSHP is all that candy! We're already going to be subsisting on amusement park food for a week - do my kids really need to fortify it with bags of halloween candy? But it does sound like fun, so we'll probably go...

The trick or treat bags that they give you when you check-in for the party are not that big. Not nearly as big as the typical trick or treat pumpkin baskets. You also don't have to go crazy with the trick or treating.

The other thing I will point out is that while you will be at WDW for a week, it doesn't mean you are stuck with the typical amusement park food for a week. In fact, you could go that whole week without eating a burger, chicken nugget, pizza or french fry if you wanted, even if you eat nothing but CS the whole time. There are lots of options out there. You can check out menus at allears.net to give you an idea of what is actually offered.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

Hi

I am going to WDW in Oct 2014 and I have been looking around for information on MNSSHP but I just wondered what actually happens here I know there is a special parade and firework display but anything else? It just seems like a lot of money for not a great deal?!?!?!

Thanks
I went in 2009. We dressed up with the 4 year old grandchild. You get to trick or treat at various locations around MK. They have a special parade led by the headless horseman. There is a light show on the castle and fireworks. Wife and I have tickets for Sept 17th. Were you can get into the park with the MNSSHP at 4pm. We did not buy a park ticket that day. This happened to be our first day at Disney World so with air travel we do not get there till noon anyway. The park was not as crowded so no lines. What is that worth?

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

The lines for the candy are to the sides. You have to get in the lines, so just don't get in all the lines. We only got in four lines. Just enough candy to finish off in a reasonable time.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Our favorite spot is right beside the Christmas Shoppe close to the bridge. The characters are close enough to touch. They usually stop there to dance also. Several came right up to my camera almost touching the lens making faces and such. It's also a much easier spot to move away from after the parade. We could go straight across and cut through to Fantasyland or quickly get to any other land.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom