MNSSHP Meal

Simba One

Need some advice here...I tried to get PS for Liberty Tree Tavern on the night of our MNSSHP (Oct. 14th), but found out that everything was booked already. So now I'm wondering if any veterans of the Halloween party can tell me a good fallback plan. We wanted to eat before the party starts and maybe avoid being herded into Tomorrowland (or wherever they herd people before the party starts). Is Crystal Palace a good option for this? Where have you "hidden out" while the park empties the day guests?

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Simba One said:
Need some advice here...I tried to get PS for Liberty Tree Tavern on the night of our MNSSHP (Oct. 14th), but found out that everything was booked already. So now I'm wondering if any veterans of the Halloween party can tell me a good fallback plan. We wanted to eat before the party starts and maybe avoid being herded into Tomorrowland (or wherever they herd people before the party starts). Is Crystal Palace a good option for this? Where have you "hidden out" while the park empties the day guests?

It's booked for the whole night?

We booked at 90 days out for the night we are going to MNSSHP at a 6:30 pm time. We were told that we'll be able to stay in the park and go eat. So I guess they will transform the park while we eat. Hmmm, wonder if we'll see regular characters or Halloween characters?

Unfourtunatly, we've never eaten anywhere else for dinner in MK, so I'm no help on that question, but I hear Crystal Palace is ok to eat at.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Simba One said:
A little head up on this onw, we has the exact same problem last year; Rang at the 60 day mark and was told that they couldn't give us a PS.

Rang back 3 weeks before we left and they suddenly had loads, it turned out that the PS's for the Liberty Tree Tavern were not loaded onto the system until 30 days out or something. Apparently it wasd a mistake because the people who set up the PS's on the system forgot about MNSSHP....

It may be worth ringing and asking to speak to a supervisor.

Upvote 0

Simba One

Original Poster
Success!

Thanks to Catch 22's advice, I called back this evening...lo and behold, there were "many openings on that night." :confused: Makes one wonder how there could be such a change in less than 48 hours. I asked for a time around 5:00...she said there was an opening at 4:15 or 6:00. I talked a little longer about my hope to be seated closer to 5:00 and then suddenly there was an opening at 5:15. I don't know how the PS system works, but it seems like persistence pays off.

Thanks for the help! :wave:

Upvote 0

KevinPage

Simba One,

What day did you book for? I called just the other day, hoping to get a 5:30pm seating, to kill all the "down time" between park closing and party starting. But they only had 4:15 and then not until 8pm.

Apparently, they do not start the Halloween transformation in the Liberty Tree until 8pm, or so i'm told :D

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
KevinPage said:
Simba One,

What day did you book for? I called just the other day, hoping to get a 5:30pm seating, to kill all the "down time" between park closing and party starting. But they only had 4:15 and then not until 8pm.

Apparently, they do not start the Halloween transformation in the Liberty Tree until 8pm, or so i'm told :D

Nope, we had a 7:10 seating last year and they were fully transformed, and the place was full, so I bet it happens sometime between 6pm-7pm.

Upvote 0

KevinPage

AkiraRaptor said:
Nope, we had a 7:10 seating last year and they were fully transformed, and the place was full, so I bet it happens sometime between 6pm-7pm.

Thanks. My bad, if the party starts at 7pm, then it is ready. I was thinking the party started at 8pm. They do not have the decorations up for the 1 hour "in between" party starting and park closing :D

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
KevinPage said:
Thanks. My bad, if the party starts at 7pm, then it is ready. I was thinking the party started at 8pm. They do not have the decorations up for the 1 hour "in between" party starting and park closing :D

Well, we have a 6:30 pm PS this year, so we should see the magic happen right beforre our eyes this time. :lol:

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

We've went to MNSSHP the last couple of years and we've stayed in the park during the "transformation". It's kind of fun to watch all the things they do. You can't ride any of the rides. Last year they roped off some areas while they blew up the big balloons and transformed each land. We've actually spent the time getting stuff out of our locker, changing our shirts (we brought Halloween themed shirts) and just relaxing while people watching. We've always ate a little ahead just so we can watch some of the change. Also, be aware that it takes a while to get your wristband. The best place to do it, if it's busy by the front, is to go back to Splash Mountain - where they give out the pictures for Splash. The only problem with that is that they give you the trick or treat bags at the front of the park so we missed getting them until we walked all the way back up to the front and they won't hand one out without your wrist band on. Also, someone asked about how the characters are dressed - they are the regular characters - in Halloween costumes - Pooh was a bumble bee, Eeyone was a mummy, Piglet was a flower. The costumes were all fun. Many people dressed up in full costumes - we just brought shirts. Make sure and catch the parade - it runs twice a night - and don't miss the beginning - the headless horseman gallops down Main Street. It's amazing he doesn't fall. I have a horse and I'd never dream of running her down the street, especially cobblestones - they must have special shoes with grippers on because he flies down the street. It's great. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Simba One said:
Thanks to Catch 22's advice, I called back this evening...lo and behold, there were "many openings on that night." :confused: Makes one wonder how there could be such a change in less than 48 hours. I asked for a time around 5:00...she said there was an opening at 4:15 or 6:00. I talked a little longer about my hope to be seated closer to 5:00 and then suddenly there was an opening at 5:15. I don't know how the PS system works, but it seems like persistence pays off.

Thanks for the help! :wave:
No problem, glad to here you got what you wanted. :)

Upvote 0

Simba One

Original Poster
KevinPage said:
Simba One,

We're going on Thursday the 14th.

Upvote 0

mom_rules

We'll be there on the 12th. We weren't planning on being in MK during the day so if the party starts at 7:00 when should we arrive? Can we get in at say 6:00pm or no?

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
mom_rules said:
We'll be there on the 12th. We weren't planning on being in MK during the day so if the party starts at 7:00 when should we arrive? Can we get in at say 6:00pm or no?

If you are there durning the day, and have the tickets for MNSSHP, you are supposed to be able to get a wrist band, and be able to stay within a special area while they change over from 6:00 to 7:00. At least that's what I've been told. Never stayed in the park while it changed over yet, this will be a first for me too this year.

Upvote 0

wolf29

You are allowed to remain in the park during the changeover. Some parts are closed off until the party starts. I believe we were enter the park around 5:00 or 5:30 last year with our MNSSHP tickets.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
The park closes at 6:00pm to non-MNSSHP ticket holders, and the actual party begins at 7:00pm. Not sure if you miss the 6:00pm cut off when they will let you in again, if at all, durning the change over. But by the latest is 7:00 pm.

Last year we arrived at 7:00pm 'cos we had Liberty Tree PS at 7:10, and they were letting people in, and by the looks of main street, they had been letting people in for a while.

Maybe one of the more experienced party goers here will speak up. :D

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

They shut down the rides and start herding everyone out at 6:00, but they also start distributing the wristbands at that time so I would think you could come in at 6:00. We've always stayed in the park. Last year, they actually roped off several of the lands so you couldn't get into them while they transformed them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom