MNSSHP HELP

yensid1967

#1 Does anyone have 2022 AND 2023 dates and prices for MNSSHP?
#2 I am trying to figure out if going to the MNSSHP is worth it instead of going to MK for the day and buying Genie?

Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated!

DCBaker

Premium Member
#1 Does anyone have 2022 AND 2023 dates and prices for MNSSHP?

Find the 2022 dates and prices here:

And the 2023 dates and prices here:

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

Price is just one thing to consider when choosing which to do. These are two very different experiences. The main draws for the party are the special entertainment, unique character M&Gs and trick or treating, none of which are available during regular hours. A regular day ticket has longer hours, daylight, a full roster of attractions, some of which are not available at the parties, and different parades, shows, etc.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Weve attended the event multiple times. IMHO its the best event Dis does. I would say you will get on everything multiple times as long as you remain throughout the evening hours. Many guests are going to be in lines for character M&G's. If that interests you then schedule out a plan for yourself to determine what you want to do, as some characters are more popular than others ( 7 Dwarfs probably #1 ). Get yourself a good viewing spot for the parade, which should not be missed. ( Our fav spot is at the beginning by Pecos Bills). As the evening progresses guests with kids will start to leave giving you shorter lines. Ive had walk ons and repeated rides many times. Well worth the ticket price. Have fun. I guarantee youll want to go back again.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Weve attended the event multiple times. IMHO its the best event Dis does. I would say you will get on everything multiple times as long as you remain throughout the evening hours. Many guests are going to be in lines for character M&G's. If that interests you then schedule out a plan for yourself to determine what you want to do, as some characters are more popular than others ( 7 Dwarfs probably #1 ). Get yourself a good viewing spot for the parade, which should not be missed. ( Our fav spot is at the beginning by Pecos Bills). As the evening progresses guests with kids will start to leave giving you shorter lines. Ive had walk ons and repeated rides many times. Well worth the ticket price. Have fun. I guarantee you'll want to go back again.
Or at least wonder why I never did this before!

Upvote 0

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Or at least wonder why I never did this before!
This is one of the few "extra" events we do. It is well worth the money from many standpoints. Can you ride every ride? No, but your can walk on most of the major ones. So many extra M&Gs for special characters, but also in the shows and parades. A great Fireworks show you won't see otherwise. The parade is IMHO the best parade that WDW does. The snacks you can buy only at parties are great. So much fun with so many great fans in cool costumes. Lastly.....lots of great free candy. The Cons would be we got rained out 2 of the last 10 times we have went. We still had fun. It is a rainy time of year. We have some rain, but not a game changer 2 of the other years.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

This is one of the few "extra" events we do. It is well worth the money from many standpoints. Can you ride every ride? No, but your can walk on most of the major ones. So many extra M&Gs for special characters, but also in the shows and parades. A great Fireworks show you won't see otherwise. The parade is IMHO the best parade that WDW does. The snacks you can buy only at parties are great. So much fun with so many great fans in cool costumes. Lastly.....lots of great free candy. The Cons would be we got rained out 2 of the last 10 times we have went. We still had fun. It is a rainy time of year. We have some rain, but not a game changer 2 of the other years.
And its the only time youll see the Headless Horseman galloping down the street. In DL theres a fabulous statue of the rider and horse.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

And its the only time youll see the Headless Horseman galloping down the street. In DL theres a fabulous statue of the rider and horse.
Well, the horseman more trots now than gallops 😉 But is still my favorite part of the parade and event! I've seen this parade many times and still stake out a spot to see it! My feeling is, you can do many rides during the event but one can do rides anytime. One cannot see the fireworks, parade, and do rare M&G any other time. Plus, the treat trails are awesome! Now to figure out what our costumes will be for this year!

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

We don't have kids, but a number of nephews and nieces and they're all mainly a little bit older. A couple are teens but mainly they are in their 20s. We really enjoyed all of the fond times we had with them as they were growing up into wonderful young adults. My wife and I really were pleased as punch when we saw all of the kids having so much fun in the parks and enjoying the event so much. Isn't that what Halloween is all about? I enjoy the candy too, but my wife enjoys it more than I do. We really also enjoyed meeting and dancing (especially with Pooh and Friends) and getting autographs with wonderful characters that are not in the parks during a normal day. What a wonderful experience it always is! We always recommend this event to people we've talked to who are planning to go to Disney who have families in our neighborhood, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
Weve attended the event multiple times. IMHO its the best event Dis does. I would say you will get on everything multiple times as long as you remain throughout the evening hours. Many guests are going to be in lines for character M&G's. If that interests you then schedule out a plan for yourself to determine what you want to do, as some characters are more popular than others ( 7 Dwarfs probably #1 ). Get yourself a good viewing spot for the parade, which should not be missed. ( Our fav spot is at the beginning by Pecos Bills). As the evening progresses guests with kids will start to leave giving you shorter lines. Ive had walk ons and repeated rides many times. Well worth the ticket price. Have fun. I guarantee you'll want to go back again.
Thanks Jiminy!
Well, the horseman more trots now than gallops 😉 But is still my favorite part of the parade and event! I've seen this parade many times and still stake out a spot to see it! My feeling is, you can do many rides during the event but one can do rides anytime. One cannot see the fireworks, parade, and do rare M&G any other time. Plus, the treat trails are awesome! Now to figure out what our costumes will be for this year!
I will be going as DUMBO, my friend will probably be Eeyore or nothing at all!

Upvote 0

yensid67

OK, OK...I'm sold! No MK day!!!!! lol

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Weve attended the event multiple times. IMHO its the best event Dis does. I would say you will get on everything multiple times as long as you remain throughout the evening hours. Many guests are going to be in lines for character M&G's. If that interests you then schedule out a plan for yourself to determine what you want to do, as some characters are more popular than others ( 7 Dwarfs probably #1 ). Get yourself a good viewing spot for the parade, which should not be missed. ( Our fav spot is at the beginning by Pecos Bills). As the evening progresses guests with kids will start to leave giving you shorter lines. Ive had walk ons and repeated rides many times. Well worth the ticket price. Have fun. I guarantee youll want to go back again.

Okay @yensid67 and @yensid1967 this is really important and i need you to hear me,….

The Halloween parade is absolute tops, and You shouldn’t even consider missing it, BuT…. The closer you are to the start of the parade, the more enjoyable and short your experience will be. The headless horseman is quick on his horse, but the parade itself is slow. So the further you get from the beginning of the parade, the larger span of time there is between the two. I.e. from in front of country bears you’ll see the horseman and then the parade. From in front of the castle you’ll see the horseman, then wait another 15 minutes, and then see the parade.

Also my party advice is to double check the list of rides that are closed during the event before you make your loose plans. Like, you can get into the park a couple hours early usually. If you like JC prioritize it before the party officially starts, because it becomes a candy spot.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Okay @yensid67 and @yensid1967 this is really important and i need you to hear me,….

The Halloween parade is absolute tops, and You shouldn’t even consider missing it, BuT…. The closer you are to the start of the parade, the more enjoyable and short your experience will be. The headless horseman is quick on his horse, but the parade itself is slow. So the further you get from the beginning of the parade, the larger span of time there is between the two. I.e. from in front of country bears you’ll see the horseman and then the parade. From in front of the castle you’ll see the horseman, then wait another 15 minutes, and then see the parade.

Also my party advice is to double check the list of rides that are closed during the event before you make your loose plans. Like, you can get into the park a couple hours early usually. If you like JC prioritize it before the party officially starts, because it becomes a candy spot.
I appreciate your advice DryerLintfan and my thinking is just that...prioritize our MUST DO from 4-7pm then do the attractions that are open for the party.
So you are saying to view the parade from Frontierland? That way the rides are practically walk ons since most will be watching the parade? Is their only 1 parade or is there 2? I have a site I would like to film from but its not Frontierland!
PLUS, I want my candy!!!! LOL

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I appreciate your advice DryerLintfan and my thinking is just that...prioritize our MUST DO from 4-7pm then do the attractions that are open for the party.
So you are saying to view the parade from Frontierland? That way the rides are practically walk ons since most will be watching the parade? Is their only 1 parade or is there 2? I have a site I would like to film from but its not Frontierland!

I’m not honestly sure about the rides being walk ons. I’m sure at the beginning of the parade they would be but the lines during the party aren’t that long.

But yes watch from Frontierland. We love to grab a dole whip while we wait.

I’m not honestly sure about two parades post pandemic. I’ve always gone with a little kid so I’ve only ever been to the first parade and First fireworks Show and First whatever because man they need sleep 😂😂

Upvote 0

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The parade from Main Street is very bright. The parade viewing from Frontier land is dimmer and the lights of the parade and the effects, like the sparks coming from the grave diggers shovels are much more apparent. There are two parades and the earlier one is usually more crowded.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom