MNSSHP Capacity?

tigger1968

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me what the capacity for MNSSHP is? I know it's a set number of tickets, but I got to wondering just how many guests are allowed in.

Thanks!

MissM

They don't announce figures for a "sell out" on MNSSHP or MVMCP. I've commonly seen the number 20,000 people floating around the net as a guestimated figure, but it could be vastly wrong. (I've heard other people guess around 30,000 or even as high as 40,000 though that seems a lot to me.) I know when I went last year to a sold out MVMCP night it was a good amount of people, but definitely not overly crowded.

Unfortunatley, a true figure isn't known.
-m

brich

MissM said:
They don't announce figures for a "sell out" on MNSSHP or MVMCP. I've commonly seen the number 20,000 people floating around the net as a guestimated figure, but it could be vastly wrong. (I've heard other people guess around 30,000 or even as high as 40,000 though that seems a lot to me.) I know when I went last year to a sold out MVMCP night it was a good amount of people, but definitely not overly crowded.

Unfortunatley, a true figure isn't known.
-m
See, this is interesting to me.

I went a couple of years ago to MVMCP and was amazed at what a great night it was. There seemed to be nobody there. I walked on Splash Mountain over and over and over and over again. No wait at all. The park was easy to get through. Not sure what the attendance numbers were but it was a great time. And I'm used to December crowds, or lack of. So this past December, MVMCP was a must. This time it was the complete opposite. We could barely walk through the park. The lines were dreadful. Well for me anyway. An hour for Buzz set me off as all week during the day I could just about walk on Buzz. The experience was aweful. Way to many people for my liking and decided that was my last MVMCP. :brick:

This year we're going in October and yes, we have our tickets for MNSSHP. I can only hope my experience will be more like my first MVMCP and not like this past Decembers party. I wish I knew the attendence figures but I don't. What I do know is that it can either be very enjoyable or extremely frustrating. :hammer:

brich said:
See, this is interesting to me.

I went a couple of years ago to MVMCP and was amazed at what a great night it was. There seemed to be nobody there. I walked on Splash Mountain over and over and over and over again. No wait at all. The park was easy to get through. Not sure what the attendance numbers were but it was a great time. And I'm used to December crowds, or lack of. So this past December, MVMCP was a must. This time it was the complete opposite. We could barely walk through the park. The lines were dreadful. Well for me anyway. An hour for Buzz set me off as all week during the day I could just about walk on Buzz. The experience was aweful. Way to many people for my liking and decided that was my last MVMCP.

When my family and I first started going to MVMCP about 8 years ago our experiences were just like your first one. These past few years we have noticed that Mk has become more crowded. I believe that I read it on this forum a long time ago that they have upped the amount of tickets available. I dont think that numbers were mentioned but I would love to find out. This year my family and I plan on going in the middle of the week closer to the begining of Dec so it is less crowded. This year they are actually charging more to go on a Friday night. I dont think they have done this in previous years but I can gauranty that I wont be going on a Friday night.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
In the past, the limit was 20,000. It has been rumored to have been increased since to meet demand. Nothing verifiable as far as i know though.

artdude323

The reason they don't advertise the maximum number of attendees is that Florida law doesn't allow it for what is considered a "private party". You'll see that no Disney event tells the number of attendees, or remaining tickets to be sold, no matter what it is.

It's possible to find out the number expected at some ticket levels - for instance, if an attendee gift says it's a numbered, limited edition of 60, like in the case of the HHE Phineas gift chargers, you know they had 60 tickets for sale. Or if they have 2000 pins for an event and limit the number to two each, you can assume that there are 1000 tickets.

California parks can disclose the number of tickets originally available, and available at the time if they're asked and choose to disclose that.

brich

Pretty soon it will be so crowded that it may lose it's appeal. But so long as there is demand I guess, up the capacity and the price... :p

his_girl96

Ok, I am losing my mind. I can not figure out what MVMCP stands for?

But then I think I am the only one on this site who still refers to SSE as Spaceship Earth :lol:

s25843

his_girl96 said:
Ok, I am losing my mind. I can not figure out what MVMCP stands for?

But then I think I am the only one on this site who still refers to SSE as Spaceship Earth :lol:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

On a side note, I attended both the HP and CP last year, and the HP was much slower and relaxed. The CP was so packed that it felt like a normal day, I didn't even stay past 10:30.

his_girl96

s25843 said:
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

On a side note, I attended both the HP and CP last year, and the HP was much slower and relaxed. The CP was so packed that it felt like a normal day, I didn't even stay past 10:30.

Thank you!! If you find my brain, please let me know.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom