MK Rope Drop During the Holidays

cupkate22

I'm staying at All Star Music and I'm looking to make it to MK for rope drop on December 30th. I know it'll be extremely busy that day. Can you hop on the early morning "character dining" buses to be towards the front of the line/crowd? I read the are doing rope drop in front of the castle now and I want to soak up as much of early morning Main Street as possible. Do you recommend getting to the bus stop by 6:30 am? Thank you!

nickys

Premium Member
I'm staying at All Star Music and I'm looking to make it to MK for rope drop on December 30th. I know it'll be extremely busy that day. Can you hop on the early morning "character dining" buses to be towards the front of the line/crowd? I read the are doing rope drop in front of the castle now and I want to soak up as much of early morning Main Street as possible. Do you recommend getting to the bus stop by 6:30 am? Thank you!

You might want to bear in mind that between Christmas and New Year, MK will likely open at 7am for emh. I can't remember when that was announced for 2016; we arrived on the 23rd and I think it was pretty close to then that the hours were extended. It might have actually been Christmas Eve they told us.

As for the transport I can't help. Firstly we were staying at BLT, and we don't get going that early either! Sorry;)
However for that time your best options may be drive or uber/taxi to make sure of getting there.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@nickys is correct about a 7 am EMH at MK during Christmas week. Buses will begin running between 6-6:30 am so plan to be at the bus stop early.

DO NOT DRIVE OR UBER. In both instances you end up at the TTC and have to ride the monorail or ferry over to MK and neither will be operating until EMH is over.

Upvote 0

75disney

Extremely busy is an understatement. I would find out what time the bus begins to pick up that day and plan to be at the bus stop before that time so you can be on that first bus. Remember many other people will have the same Rope drop plan as you.

Upvote 0

cupkate22

Original Poster
Thanks! They announced EMH from 12 am to 2 am so I'm not sure they'll have them in the morning as well. If they do, awesome! I'm ready to brave the crowds and the craziness for the NYE fireworks. Are the crowds just as bad on the 1st?

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Thanks! They announced EMH from 12 am to 2 am so I'm not sure they'll have them in the morning as well. If they do, awesome! I'm ready to brave the crowds and the craziness for the NYE fireworks. Are the crowds just as bad on the 1st?
We're going to MK on the 30th too! Rope dropping will be tough for us, but what's gonna be worse is finding a spot for the fireworks. It'll all be worth it though! From what I've read, the crowds are lighter on the 1st (especially in the morning) because everyone is sleeping in

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

Pretty sure they will. We had late nights too, but every day was a 7am start for MK, 8am for the others, 9am for WS. Then as soon as New Year arrived, every park was back to normal opening times. There's historical info on TP if you want to get an idea.

I did a tour at Epcot on the 1st, but in general I think the parks were much quieter for the first few hours on the 1st. Something to do with everyone not getting back to their resorts until 4am no doubt ;). DS and DH went into MK at about 11 and said they walked onto most things.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom