MK Park Hours Extened to 10pm 3/24/09

goodolgm

Original Poster
The Magic Kingdom, originally scheduled for a 9pm close, will now be open until 10pm tonight with an added performance of SpectroMagic at 10pm.

hokielutz

I wonder if this is a pattern that we are going to see extended into the month of May, after all the Spring Break is finished.
It is starting to look more and more like TDO sand-bagged the original park times and CM Hours schedule based on the national economic outlook. And now they have to go back and adjust up to handle the crowds they were not expecting.

MissM

It's been busy every time I've been over there this year. They extended hours and added a second Spectro when I was there on the 14th as well and I know they've done it since also.

It's just nowhere near as quiet as was most likely predicted so they're pushing hours out longer to accommodate the crowd levels.

There's about a week in April where MK is open from 8AM-1AM. I am pretty sure the hours originally posted did not have the MK running that late. Am I wrong? It appears they have changed a lot of the April hours. By the way, what is TDO?

sweetpee_1993

If you have an upcoming trip and you like to know park hours before you get there make sure you're keeping an eye on the schedules. It does appear that hours are be extended more and more because attendance has been much better than expected.

Now I'm kinda worried about our last week of May trip....:lookaroun I suppose worst case we'll just lay by the volcano pool all day and tour parks by night....

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
If you have an upcoming trip and you like to know park hours before you get there make sure you're keeping an eye on the schedules. It does appear that hours are be extended more and more because attendance has been much better than expected.

Now I'm kinda worried about our last week of May trip....:lookaroun I suppose worst case we'll just lay by the volcano pool all day and tour parks by night....

On the contrary, I would suggest you consider getting to the parks 1st thing then head back to your room mid afternoon for pool time when the parks start getting real busy. It's my experience that on these days EMH are crowded until at least 1:00 (then those folks sleep in till noon!)

KAYLASQUI05

I hope hours are extended this friday as well! I will be headed down! Leaving south ga about 5 will get there at 8 or so and if they stay open until 10 or 11 I will be able to go to MK!

Disneyfanman

TDO = Team Disney Orlando (As opposed to TDA which is Team Disney Anaheim). Basically Resort management team.

I don't blame Disney for being conservative on it's crowd projections. They can always stay open longer, but closing earlier then planned would likely cause some major guest push back.

When my son worked there on the CP, one of the things he was most impressed by was the amount of time that Disney put into projecting attendance and adjusting staffing levels to compensate. I don't think they do it lightly.

WDW1974

I wonder if this is a pattern that we are going to see extended into the month of May, after all the Spring Break is finished.
It is starting to look more and more like TDO sand-bagged the original park times and CM Hours schedule based on the national economic outlook. And now they have to go back and adjust up to handle the crowds they were not expecting.

That about sums it up.

They did kneejerk cutting and now have to scramble to rework schedules, labor etc ...

Although I'd be more curious as to what crowds will be when the kids go back to school.

drew81

That about sums it up.

They did kneejerk cutting and now have to scramble to rework schedules, labor etc ...
Although I'd be more curious as to what crowds will be when the kids go back to school.

At some point it will all come back to bite them. I'm hoping it already is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom