MK on evening EMH Night?

DisneyFan684

Original Poster
Ok, so on our next trip we will not be staying onsite, but we chose to visit Magic Kingdom on a night that they have evening EMH because that is when we were able to get BOG reservations. I know it is recommended not to visit a park with EMH if you cannot stay for them, but changing our plans at this point may be difficult. From your experience, if the park closes at 12 and EMH are from 12-2, will lines still be short and will many rides still be walk-ons during the last couple hours before EMH start? Will there be noticeable higher crowd level than on a regular night? Really would appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

CAPTAIN HOOK

From our experience this August the parks empty significantly after the last showing of Wishes and Fantastic, and also after Illuminations plays. We did not stay for evening EMH so I'm unable to comment further.

seafoodbuffet

During our trip (late August), MK was open to midnight each night. We experienced both an EMH and non-EMH night. To be honest, there wasn't a noticeable different in terms of crowd levels on those two nights (until well after midnight on EMH night). Our experience was that the park crowd levels drop quite a bit shortly after Wishes. For example, you could almost have your pick of viewing spots for the 2nd running of MSEP. However, the "big" rides didn't really get to super short lines until well into EMH. For example, you won't be able to walk on to 7DMT, it dropped to about 40 minutes standby (that's down from 150 during the day), Peter Pan, 25 minutes, Space Mountain 45 minutes, Big Thunder, 25 minutes. All down significantly from mid-day peaks, but none of them were really "walk on".

Overall, I'd say just don't worry about it and go with the flow. It was so brutally hot during the day that waiting in line at night with a mild breeze was actually rather pleasant (Big Thunder in the dark is a must-do).

KikoKea

When are you going? In the "off" season (Fall/Winter) we find that many guests do leave after the fireworks, but resort guests will also come to the MK late to see the fireworks and stay for EMH. So, don't expect a ghost town. Still, the crowds and lines should be shorter (Seven Dwarfs will be still a wait) and you should be able to get in a good many rides, some walk-ons or less than 10 minute waits. You can always hop in a longer line just before EMH starts and they begin shooing non-resort guests out the gate.

Not sure about the busier times since we've never braved WDW during the summer.

Disneydreamer23

After Wishes it dulls out a bit, but EMH I have never waited in a long line except space mountain one time for 30 minutes but one side wasn't working !

JIMINYCR

I've found crowds do tend to thin out some after Wishes but at first you will still encounter some lines at the attractions. Then as the night goes on you will see a departure of guests. When the families with younger kids leave after a while and you can do a lot more. Evening EMH's at MK are great and I always take advantage of them. The very best time is that last hour EMH's are running.

Tony the Tigger

I've found crowds do tend to thin out some after Wishes but at first you will still encounter some lines at the attractions. Then as the night goes on you will see a departure of guests. When the families with younger kids leave after a while and you can do a lot more. Evening EMH's at MK are great and I always take advantage of them. The very best time is that last hour EMH's are running.

So it's basically a game of last man standing LOL

World_Showcase_Lover007

Depends on the time of year that you go, at least in my own experience. During non-peak in September, yes you could easily walk-on some rides after Wishes and during extra magic hours. However, during our mid-December trip, the larger attraction wait times never went down, although the park did thin out quite a bit.

DisneyFan684

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your opinions. Yes, I know that during the EMH The park tends to empty out a lot, but as I said, the issue is that we cannot stay for the EMH so I was referring to the crowds during the hours before the EMH start. But it looks like we will just go and make the best of it before the EMH start.

Ali Mouse

I ❤️ Night EMHs! We never go to the parks tha have the morning EMHs. We have gone in busy months and slower months and we will close the park down that has the EMH at night. Most all of the rides are walk on There is nothing like MK at 2 am in the morning!
We will even close down Epcot at 9 and hop on the monorail over to MK for their EMH!

PhotoDave219

Ok, so on our next trip we will not be staying onsite, but we chose to visit Magic Kingdom on a night that they have evening EMH because that is when we were able to get BOG reservations. I know it is recommended not to visit a park with EMH if you cannot stay for them, but changing our plans at this point may be difficult. From your experience, if the park closes at 12 and EMH are from 12-2, will lines still be short and will many rides still be walk-ons during the last couple hours before EMH start? Will there be noticeable higher crowd level than on a regular night? Really would appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

Yes, there will be a noticeable higher crowd level.

Ali Mouse

My bad... I was just so excited about night EMH that i didn't fully read. So... During regular hours you will notice more crowds but most people like me show up later in the day so earlier maybe better. Go enjoy your dinner and go with the flow. IMO just don't go to a park with early EMHs.
Also if you are not a parade person skip it and ride lines should be lower at that time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom