MK Guest Pick-Up/Drop-Off Location? Accessibility?

CatLady

Original Poster
I have been to MK more times than I can count, but normally I actually *go* to the park, so I never had this question come up... and looking at aerial maps isn't helping me figure it out! Where is the designated guest pick-up/drop-off for MK?

I need to pick up someone who is wheelchair-bound, so I'm wondering whether the location is one where, after returning a rental wheelchair and picking up a courtesy wheelchair inside MK, the pick-up area is going to be accessible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rob562

The Guest Drop-Off/Pick-Up for the MK is located at the TTC. It's also the lot that the taxis use to wait for fares. There is no Guest Drop-Off area directly at the park.

Essentially, drive as if you were going to the Polynesian. As you approach the toll plaza, stay to the right. Tell the CM that you'd just dropping-off/picking-up and they won't charge you the parking fee.
Stay to the right to continue north on World Drive, and turn left onto Seven Seas Drive.

You'll be looking for the fourth driveway on your right. (There should be a sign) If you happen to pass it, just take your next turn into the Polynesian and say you're just dropping off. I wouldn't try turning around on Seven Seas Drive.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=28.404255,-81.580245&spn=0.005464,0.008916&t=h&z=17
The driveways, in order from World Drive are:
-TTC bus lot
-Kennel
-A barricaded entrance into the TTC tram area
-TTC Drop-Off/Taxi Stand
-Polynesian
If you zoom in on the lot, you can see there's a small blue shade structure at the east end. I think there's usually a couple courtesy wheelchairs there.

You *could* use the Kennel to drop off and pick up (it's actually closer to the wheelchair rental place), but it's a very small lot and they probably frown on people using it for non-Kennel use.

-Rob

CatLady

Original Poster
What a detailed answer. That's exactly what I needed to know, thank you. I feel better knowing this in advance, because I have to give directions on where to meet me!

Thanks again, Rob. Folks like you who take time to give such clear answers are the reason I come to this site for information. You rock. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom