MK for 3 & HS for 1 with 3 under 5?

Wellington2011

Original Poster
Hi! I think I'm seeking comfort just as much as advice to be perfectly honest :)

Early May 2016
Staying at the Grand Floridian - mostly for proximity advantages
Dinner at Chef Mickey's
Breakfast at Be Our Guest
Dinner at Narcoossee's
Breakfast at 'Ohana
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Breakfast at Kona Cafe
Fast Passes are booked for 3 days at the MK and 1 long afternoon at HS.

How did I do? Our son is 4, daughter is 2.5 and baby boy is 1.5 - Any tips?

So excited! Thanks!

Disvillain63

Is the only reason that you are not going to AK or Epcot due to young children? We took our then 10 mos. old DGD and 2 yr. old DGS to both and enjoyed them both. There were enough things in both parks to spend about a half day in each.

You also mentioned a 4 yr old, he may be tall enough for some more adventurous attractions.

jaklgreen

That is a lot of time sitting in restaurants with 3 little ones IMO. I would also skip HS and go to either Animal Kingdom or Epcot. There is just not enough for little ones at HS to even make a half day out of it.

monorail_mom

In the Parks
Yes
My 22 month old really enjoyed Hollywood Studio's Disney Jr. Live on Stage, Frozen Sing Along, Journey of the Little Mermaid, and Toy Story Midway Mania. Other than that, there wasn't too much else for him to do:(. I would suggest going to Animal Kingdom, as the K. Safari, Train, Nemo Musical, and Festival of the Lion King shows, The BoneYard, Triceratops Spin, Tough to be a Bug, -and not to mention all the animals to watch and trails to walk through- are great for young kids and toddlers! 3 days at MK will be plenty there to do things multiple times.

As far as dining, I'm not sure Narcoosees or Kona are the best choices for them as far as atmosphere and menu options go. Maybe they would enjoy a boat ride over to Whispering Canyon, or Tony's Town Square at MK? Crystal Palace is a nice place for little ones. You can see the castle, and meet Pooh and Friends, and even do a little marching parade. 1900 PF also has the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast with Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter Tigger and Pooh that they would like.

Hope you have a magical trip!!:)

DisneyAubs

I would also suggest Animal Kingdom for this trip if you kids are at all interested in animals and/or shows. Also, if they watch Disney Jr. the channel....they sure have been pushing Animal Kingdom commercials since they've been showing The Lion Guard! I considered skipping AK for our short family trip this summer, but my daughter kept asking about the safari and all the animals and the Nemo show because that's what she sees on tv all the time! Not to say that we as parents need to bow down to our childrens' every wish, but I know she would have been disappointed (and I was already missing it too. It wasn't hard to convince me! lol)

buseegal

just be prepared at character meals for meltdowns as they have to watch character stop at other tables before they get to your table. kids are not going to be able to just run up the characters as soon as they see them with kids your kids ages. I can get long by the time all the characters get to your table. can be as long as 90 minutes to see all characters and they tour the room by routine

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom