MK Entertainment Cutback?

Thumper 32

Original Poster
I heard rumblings that Wowzer (the solo clown act in Storybook Circus) is no longer appearing. Does anyone know if this is true and/or can confirm if he's permanently cut?

Thumper 32

Original Poster
I actually just went to check Steve Soares site and there, Giggle Gang is listed for this week, but Wowzer is not. Hoping it's not true, we loved seeing his act.

And yes I know there were two different Wowzer performers, both great. The high balance act and the plate spinning act both added much needed life to the circus on whichever day they each performed.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

oh...those are the little clowns I saw in Storybook Circus? I hate clowns so yeah!!! The parts that freaked me out in Dumbo as a kid was the clowns and the drunk Dumbo scene. Of course, I hated ET as a kid and still do.

SpectroMan93

I hate cutbacks as much as anyone else, but the last time I checked, a large amount of people here hated the giggle gang/clowns of Storybook Circus. Most people in general don't like clowns; maybe that was a factor in them being cut. I know it's a thing to get your rocks off on bashing TDO, but I don't understand it here, since what they are removing is relatively minor and isn't all that popular to begin with.

Mike S

I hate cutbacks as much as anyone else, but the last time I checked, a large amount of people here hated the giggle gang/clowns of Storybook Circus. Most people in general don't like clowns; maybe that was a factor in them being cut. I know it's a thing to get your rocks off on bashing TDO, but I don't understand it here, since what they are removing is relatively minor and isn't all that popular to begin with.
I saw them once and actually enjoyed it, had a few laughs too.

Thumper 32

Original Poster

Thing is, the act in question is actually the solo performer who is the least clown-like. Much more like the boardwalk style performers, just happen to be wearing vaguely clown-ish clothes. The larger clown troupe seems to still be there. For now, at least?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Thing is, the act in question is actually the solo performer who is the least clown-like. Much more like the boardwalk style performers, just happen to be wearing vaguely clown-ish clothes. The larger clown troupe seems to still be there. For now, at least?
I'm fairly certain a majority of the Wowzer performers CAME from Boardwalk. I guess they'll be going back.

boufa

How come we never notice when they add things....

(flames start now.. go ahead, I'll wait for the 100 "If they ever add anything I'll point it out" posts)

O.k. I was last there 3 years ago. There are more M&G's than I remember, and I don't even know who these people are.. so they must have been added at some point.

Mike S

(flames start now.. go ahead, I'll wait for the 100 "If they ever add anything I'll point it out" posts)

O.k. I was last there 3 years ago. There are more M&G's than I remember, and I don't even know who these people are.. so they must have been added at some point.
Your example of them adding things, is meet & greets. Do I even need to say more?

PhotoDave219

More Equity performers losing their jobs. There was once a time when Disney proudly employed a very large number of Equity actors and prided themselves on possessing top notch talent. That continues to disappear, bit by bit.
Sad.

I just don't get why little quirky entertainment things are constantly cut so we can have multiples of the same character doing a meet & greet. It's like getting ice cream and your choice is vanilla..... Or vanilla.

What I rely don't understand is the cuts ever since photopass was brought under the entertainment umbrella. Photopass continues to make an egregious amount of money and if I understand correctly, that egregious amount of money was intended to help improve the balance sheet so entertainment offerings wouldn't have to be cut.

ABQ

Your example of them adding things, is meet & greets. Do I even need to say more?
Correct, and though technically it is true that those are additions, they are also inexpensive, relatively, and don't necessarily require a specific skill set, though there are certainly skills, but not to the degree of some of those which have been removed. In Epcot there are, what, 1/3rd the number of World Showcase Players as there once were? Just UK left, no longer any at Italy and for craps sake, Disney's own website shows a picture of the old France performers, how long since these folks were there?
world-showcase-players-united-kingdom-00.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom