MK DEC hours and parade times changes

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
I haven't seen it anywhere here but I happened to go to Disney's home page to check on things and just decied to check on the hours and there been some changes for earlier in the month.

When the hours came out in Sept, Sat 12/5 was only open 'til 11 and now it's open til 1:00am. Also, SpectroMagic was only @ 7:00 and Wishes @ 8:00.....now Spectro is @ 9:00 AND 11:00 and Wishes is @ 10:00.

No other park hours and show times have seem to change during our stay 12/4-12/11 as of yet but...........

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I'm assuming that bookings are where they were projected to be now and maybe even ahead of original projections. By posting conservative park hours months in advance, they can now lengthen the day, thereby added more dining hours, entertainment, etc...If the hours had been longer to begin with, and bookings did not reach projections, it would be nearly impossible to shorten the hours. I've been watching the hours during Presidents Week in February and noticed that even though the parks (generally the MK) are open late most nights, it's not as late as it was a few years ago. I figure they're leaving some wiggle room to adjust if need be. It's all just management being careful with costs which is the smart thing to do.

disney4life2008

I noticed they update the park hours about 2 to 3 weeks out. So the last 3 weeks of December will likely be updated the last week of November.

Figment1986

Dec 5 is a popular day with the actual parade taping and some other stuff going on around WDW that week (hotels are booked solid...)

PalisadesPkteer

Man I thought the time I am going Dec 1 - Dec 7 was going to be average attendance at best. Guess with the MK stuff and Pop warner I might have picked a bad time in terms of attendance to go. Oh well..

spaceghost

Man I thought the time I am going Dec 1 - Dec 7 was going to be average attendance at best. Guess with the MK stuff and Pop warner I might have picked a bad time in terms of attendance to go. Oh well..

We're going around that time as well (12/3-12/10), and I'm not too worried about it. The OP said it was just that Saturday at the MK. I know that the Unofficial Guide Crowd Calendar had that rated as a busy day all along. I believe that many locals go to the MK on the weekends around the holidays. There's also parade taping that day I think, which will bring crowds. I'd just go someplace other than MK on the 5th and you should be fine.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Wow. The calendar there is all kinds of screwed up. Only MK hours are still showing. All other parks are messed up. It also appears that MK is having both AM and PM extra magic hours on the 3rd. Yea....I know that's not happening. :lol:

I hope they get it straightened out soon because I would love to know the park hours for my trip that starts in 16 days. :hammer:

Hmmm, I understand about the Christmas parade taping being that day but being open until 1AM is kind of odd. MK isn't even open until 1AM on New Year's Eve this year! I wouldn't be surprised if that changes though. :shrug:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Hmmm, I understand about the Christmas parade taping being that day but being open until 1AM is kind of odd. MK isn't even open until 1AM on New Year's Eve this year! I wouldn't be surprised if that changes though. :shrug:

I also question if the 1am thing is going to stick too. Last year on the first Saturday of Dec (and the parade taping day) the park was only open until 11p. Maybe someone omitted a 1? :shrug: :lol:

Batphobic

We're going around that time as well (12/3-12/10), and I'm not too worried about it. The OP said it was just that Saturday at the MK. I know that the Unofficial Guide Crowd Calendar had that rated as a busy day all along. I believe that many locals go to the MK on the weekends around the holidays. There's also parade taping that day I think, which will bring crowds. I'd just go someplace other than MK on the 5th and you should be fine.

Pray tell - what is the "Unofficial Guide Crowd Calendar"?? I booked our vacation for first week in Dec specifically because what I could find online suggested this was absolutely 100% the best time of the year to do WDW.

valleyfan

You should just go Lake Compounce instead, at least you get free drinks there and no lines on those dates.:ROFLOL:

Just kidding but my family loves Lake Compounce!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom