MK closing at 10:00. Why?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
For the same reason it's 1123pm and we are still consuming entertainment. I'm on vacation. And thousands of others agree.
ZPJrgpG.gif

Jrn14

I am a night owl! I am not about getting up at 6am and rushing to the parks for rope drop (just not my style) so I totally love taking advantage of those late hours! I love staying until close and then slowly wondering out of the park. So i can totally understand where the OP is coming from. When something used to be there and it's taken away yet it costs more it makes sense to be upset about it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I am a night owl! I am not about getting up at 6am and rushing to the parks for rope drop (just not my style) so I totally love taking advantage of those late hours! I love staying until close and then slowly wondering out of the park. So i can totally understand where the OP is coming from. When something used to be there and it's taken away yet it costs more it makes sense to be upset about it.
It's not a take-away -- it's a non-addition. /sarc

flynnibus

Premium Member
The MK isn't surrounded by residential areas. DLR is.

How does this help the postulation the park should close earlier?

Dlr's location suggests more part time visitors rather than dedicated tourists. Tourists on vacation don't worry about work or commitments the next day... tourists look to get the most of their time on vacation

drizgirl

How does this help the postulation the park should close earlier?

Dlr's location suggests more part time visitors rather than dedicated tourists. Tourists on vacation don't worry about work or commitments the next day... tourists look to get the most of their time on vacation
It's not about what the guests want. It's about what Disney can do to follow local ordinances and remain a good neighbor.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's not about what the guests want. It's about what Disney can do to follow local ordinances and remain a good neighbor.

Again... how does any of that support the idea Wdw shouldn't be comparable hours to dlr?

Both these points brought up support the idea that wdw should have longer hours... yet it doesn't. Hence why dlr was mentioned when the defenders tried to justify the shorter hours at mk

drizgirl

Again... how does any of that support the idea Wdw shouldn't be comparable hours to dlr?

Both these points brought up support the idea that wdw should have longer hours... yet it doesn't. Hence why dlr was mentioned when the defenders tried to justify the shorter hours at mk
It's not complicated. Disney has more limitations on what they CAN do in Anaheim than they do in the middle of a swamp.

Angel Ariel

It's not complicated. Disney has more limitations on what they CAN do in Anaheim than they do in the middle of a swamp.
I think they're saying that Disneyland has longer hours than WDW right now, even with the greater amount of limitations in Anaheim. If Disneyland can do longer hours right now, then there is no reason WDW shouldn't also be doing longer hours.

HansGruber

This bothered me the most. For the amount of money being charged to enter that park, a 10pm SUMMER closing time is outrageous.
Don't increase park prices AND reduce park hours; that's just slimy.

Pandora till 1AM is an outright joke.
I saw FOP up to 180 minutes @ 11pm!
Funneling everyone into a single land isn't really a good idea...at least keep the entire park open.
EDIT: a single land with only two rides!

drizgirl

This bothered me the most. For the amount of money being charged to enter that park, a 10pm SUMMER closing time is outrageous.
Don't increase park prices AND reduce park hours; that's just slimy.

Pandora till 1AM is an outright joke.
I saw FOP up to 180 minutes @ 11pm!
Funneling everyone into a single land isn't really a good idea...at least keep the entire park open.
EDIT: a single land with only two rides!
Just imagine how many fewer CMs it takes to run one land in Pandora than it does to keep most of the MK open.......

Courtney6682

I don't usually go to Disney in the Summer, do they typically or will they change the hours at this point for the rest of the Summer?

HansGruber

Just imagine how many fewer CMs it takes to run one land in Pandora than it does to keep most of the MK open.......
Right, but I don't understand the logic behind it.
There are only two rides in the entire land, both of which had enormous wait times.
It only took 10-15 minutes to walk around and observe the entire land.
IIRC, there weren't very many places to eat/drink/shop (I had to wait in a 10 minute line for beer).
A CM told me buses were running until 3AM because the FOP queue was enormous.

Rumrunner

Original Poster
That actually doesn't effect park hours. The parks can get cleaned in very few hours and MK has proven that. The issue is Disney doesn't want to pay extra operating costs and employee hours to keep it open late much anymore unless they have an event that will cover these costs. They are just doing business but it sucks on this end.

That actually doesn't effect park hours. The parks can get cleaned in very few hours and MK has proven that. The issue is Disney doesn't want to pay extra operating costs and employee hours to keep it open late much anymore unless they have an event that will cover these costs. They are just doing business but it sucks on this end.
No idea what you aren't content by 10 pm.
Because Disney is a company for profit. Just like those local amusement parks. It's the same comparison, business wise. Honestly, not very many people stay in the parks past 10 pm. So why keep em open anyways? It's not like they need to.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom