Mission:Space update (confirmed)

UpAllNight

An indoor rollercoaster next to an indoor rollercoaster. This is a colossal expense that could have been better spent elsewhere.

In isolation it's a great plan. In the wider context? Not so clever. Imho.

I feel like they desperately needed to do something with tomorrowland & the reviews this had made it all too convenient. I'm quite happy as it goes, but further work needed around Stitch & Milf. I'd hope future expansion was more along the dark ride route...MK is quite heavy on coasters now.

Jeff456

Wondering this as well. I jumped out of my seat a little when they said next month in the presentation!

The post on the home page here says "expected to reopen to guests on August 1" but I'm wondering if that's the old date...

Hopefully they'll get it open by August 13th to help with the capacity loss from Ellen... I know it's not exactly wildly popular with most but even partly full theatres swallow a lot of people.

Biff215

Still not showing and FP availability for my late August trip, so I'm doubtful on the opening date.

It's a shame Disney considers summer over on August 13. I know many states return to school by then but plenty of us are still off and hoping to catch the same things!

crxbrett

So it was originally supposed to re-open July 28th or 29th and this announcement said August 1st! Now I am excited again!!! And I think the reason the wait time and signs were removed was because those are now changing and are unique experiences, correct? The only thing that is still weird is not being able to book fastpasses. But does this happen whenever a ride is currently closed? It shouldn't be, right? Or perhaps Disney isn't positive on the attraction's re-opening date since the 28th of July and 1st of August have both been announced in the last few months. Still trying to recover from all of the shocking, in a positive kind of way, WDW news yesterday!!!!

Jeff456

Me too! I think it's got to be though, right? You said you are going Aug 13th? Hopefully it opens before that or during your trip then!
I'm going August 19th just the 13th is when EEA and the GMR shut... I hope so I don't want to feel. Like epcot and dhs are both a bit empty

crxbrett

I'm going August 19th just the 13th is when EEA and the GMR shut... I hope so I don't want to feel. Like epcot and dhs are both a bit empty

I didn't know UOE was closing that same week. Darn, I am going the following week. Bittersweet now, since MS will be open but UoE will be closed. I would have liked to have gone on that one more time (even though I was too fond of the Ellen version). I feel bad for my travel partner. She's never been to WDW and after hyping it up so much, she's pretty bummed so many things are closing. But the GMR and UoE will never reopen, so that will be sad that she never got to experience them and literally missed them both by 1 week.

BTW, have fun on your trip!!! How long are you going for?

Jeff456

I didn't know UOE was closing that same week. Darn, I am going the following week. Bittersweet now, since MS will be open but UoE will be closed. I would have liked to have gone on that one more time (even though I was too fond of the Ellen version). I feel bad for my travel partner. She's never been to WDW and after hyping it up so much, she's pretty bummed so many things are closing. But the GMR and UoE will never reopen, so that will be sad that she never got to experience them and literally missed them both by 1 week.

BTW, have fun on your trip!!! How long are you going for?
Yeah it is sad, I think most people would enjoy the great movie ride even if they have never done it before the scope and scale is great. I love Ellen but at the same time I understand it's not for everyone, it's a shame your travel partner won't see it though!
Thanks, I hope you enjoy yours as well! I'm going for two weeks! How about you?

crxbrett

Yeah it is sad, I think most people would enjoy the great movie ride even if they have never done it before the scope and scale is great. I love Ellen but at the same time I understand it's not for everyone, it's a shame your travel partner won't see it though! Thanks, I hope you enjoy yours as well! I'm going for two weeks! How about you?

Yeah, she's really bummed out. We actually re-booked our trip one week earlier so we could get on Splash Mtn before it closed. Had we known TGM and UOF were also closing a few months ago, we would have bumped up our trip to early August. She's really into old Hollywood musicals, stuff like Gene Kelly and stuff, so she would have definitely appreciated it. I will miss the UoE, though. Even though the Ellen version was not quite as memorable to me as the original, it was still a great attraction to experience! I get why Disney is closing them and do know they want to get the jump on this stuff. But they really should have waited to close all of these things after the Labor Day holiday and not during summer.

Two weeks? Niiice!! We're going for 9 days! Should be fun! We're already planning next summer's trip to be a 12-day trip! Hahaha! Next year will be my 10th vacation there so i want it to be a memorable one and super long.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I know. Who's the genius that thought Captain Eo or Honey I Shrunk the Audience belonged in a land dedicated to science? We need more attractions like Figment which educate us about hard scientific fact!
I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic here, but if you are, Journey Into Imagination taught one of the most important scientific facts of all time: without imagination, there would be no innovation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom