Mission Space more hints pointing to the ride system!

pyschotropic

Original Poster
I have recently read in an article at therideworks.com their is a reference to a g-force simulator the Gyrolab. This particular
simulator has been marketed and sold to Government and Military facilities for many years, but When approached by
their major Entertainment customer / the Walt Disney company, they fashioned the device to meet unique amusement ride demands. ETC and Disney worked closely with project personnel and software developers, to create exotic visual cues which together with the motion base produce startling effects. It also says the simulator allows riders to select from a menu any number
of tailor-made ride options to experience action scenarios involving a mix of unique motion, visual and sound effects never before acheived in an amusement ride scenario.

stingrock23

Wow. if this is true, then Mission Space is gonna be an amazing attraction. This could be revolutionary for the industry as well as disney. It just makes me even more excited to ride it the first chance i get.

westie

Oooopps! I wet myself! This anticipation is killing me...I may have to try some covert sneekyness on my trip and get a better view.

TravisMT81

Originally posted by westie
Oooopps! I wet myself! This anticipation is killing me...I may have to try some covert sneekyness on my trip and get a better view.

get some Detrol LA from your docter LOL!!!

TheOneVader

Man, I can't wait. I hope it's open sometime in early 2003 not late 2003. I guess Ill have to knock myself out so time will go by faster. I got it! :brick: :hammer:

RoqueC17

Account Suspended
Originally posted by goofyfan13
This news makes me even more excited for the ride to open. Hopefully It'll be open when I go in April!!:D

Word, goofy. I can't wait for the ride. Except, I'm going in June for my birthday. W00t!

kwt10

The more I hear the more the ride sounds awesome. If can only do half what everybody is saying it will replace Spiderman as my favorite attraction in Orlando.

RoqueC17

Account Suspended
Spider-Man is an excellent ride. I really never get bored of it, and I just hope Mission : Space is the same way.

MaElStRoMROCKS

Account Suspended
MISSION:space is a super-duper awesome ride!!!!11!

I can't wait til it opens so i can ride it!! I hear you go upside down 7-12 times!!! AWEsOME!!!!

DisneyFreak721

I dont think that you go upside down at all. From that imagineering show on the travel channel, it sounds (and im quite sure that you do) like you float in the seat for a period of time as though you were in...space.

jmarc63

Originally posted by MaElStRoMROCKS
MISSION:space is a super-duper awesome ride!!!!11!

I can't wait til it opens so i can ride it!! I hear you go upside down 7-12 times!!! AWEsOME!!!!

I don't know where your getting your information from but it is wrong. read previous postings on SM or the main updates page at the beginnning for the correct info on M:S

CaptChris

Originally posted by goofyfan13
This news makes me even more excited for the ride to open. Hopefully It'll be open when I go in April!!:D

Ditto for me, I will be there in April and I hope that it is open. This should pump up some excitement into Epcot!

JEDI1138

Originally posted by MrNonacho
I don't want to be a downer here, but, couldn't that article just as easily be referencing CyberSpace Mountain?

My thoughts exactly. It depends on how old the refenced article is. However, M:S is probably a set ride sequence like the other attractions. I can't see how each pod could react differently, if the artwork we saw for the ride is accurate.

jrashadb

ugh...

it just seems like this ride is never going to open. I'm so afraid of having to deal with another Test Track fiasco... I don't think I could deal with that again.

open... OPEN

:brick: :hammer: :brick:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by jrashadb
it just seems like this ride is never going to open. I'm so afraid of having to deal with another Test Track fiasco... I don't think I could deal with that again.

I wouldn't worry just yet. The official opening time from Disney has always been simply "2003." Spring '03 was hinted at by the now-gone countdown timer, and now the most recent word is that they're shooting for a January opening.

I can't see how this could possibly turn into another Test Track fiasco. On one hand, we've got what amounts to basically a simulator. Very limited in what it can do in terms of its motion. If a motor or something fails, at the very worst, you could get stuck upside down or something. Test Track has 20+ self-propelled vehicles on a closed circuit track simultaneously, with each reaching speeds of up to 65 MPH at intervals of 11-12 seconds. The worst-case failure scenario here is obviously much worse. It's a heck of a lot more complex just from a safety standpoint, and seems to me like it would be much more difficult to get (and keep) it running reliably and safely.

Just keep your fingers crossed, and hopefully this thing will be open within 6 months. :)

dopey

I have it on very good sources that once you put a quarter in, M:S bumps you up and down while AT THE SAME TIME, rocking you back and forth. A really incredible experience, my sources say. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom