Miscellaneous Tokyo Thoughts

WaltWiz1901

Is this for TDL or DL? I saw a video on it earlier that didn't specify what park it was from.
It was for TDL. You can see they've marked the IASW show building beside the planned Pooh Corner.
The dead giveaway that this was for TDL - and I knew this well before watching the video it was brought up in - is that everything aligns almost perfectly with how they're placed on this layout of a hypothetical renovation of their Fantasyland from around the same time (dating it as being from circa 1997):
1 Overview Tokyo Lonon Sq (0) plan.png

Additionally, the land next to DL's "small world" is occupied by the Monorail shed, and moving it to make room for this area wouldn't have been very practical.

ThemeParkTraveller

From what I heard from a source, TDR is about to be more aggressive with its new offerings starting with fantasy springs.

-There is a Project ":)" and is geared towards vision 2030.

2024- Fantasy Springs
2027-Space Mountain Earthrise/Tomorrowland update
2030-???

I wonder if a new port for TDS (on the land beside Lost River Delta) would be too soon after Fantasy Springs.

Supersnow84

I’d assume it’s probably something for land, beauty and the beast is really the only expansion TDL has got in terms of increasing its overall footprint and while the expansion is gorgeous it’s basically just making a generic thoroughfare into a sub land with a great ride

Neither park really has much space left, land could eat the car park but that’s about it, I’d imagine that’s likely what’s it would be, the Japanese are too rigid on their love of the park in its existing form for it to be a massive overhaul that doesn’t change the current footprint

ThemeParkTraveller

I’d assume it’s probably something for land, beauty and the beast is really the only expansion TDL has got in terms of increasing its overall footprint and while the expansion is gorgeous it’s basically just making a generic thoroughfare into a sub land with a great ride

Neither park really has much space left, land could eat the car park but that’s about it, I’d imagine that’s likely what’s it would be, the Japanese are too rigid on their love of the park in its existing form for it to be a massive overhaul that doesn’t change the current footprint

I believe TDS has 3 possible expansion areas left before they need to repurpose existing attractions. The main expansion pad (which was earmarked for a new port before Fantasy Springs), the spot behind Ariel's Grotto with one of the CEPs, and the bus parking lot by the entrance. Without removing existing attractions, TDL seems to have just the car park left unless they relocate some of the backstage office buildings. I believe that was part of the rumors involving balloon testing behind the Rivers of America.

ThemeParkTraveller

At that point would a Splash redo even be culturally relevant? TDR has made their stance on the retheme clear, for the time being they're not budging.

It would just be a lot of money spent on what would likely be perceived as a downgrade by the fans there. I can't imagine a better-fitting IP for that corner of TDL. The entire aesthetics of Critter Country framing the railroad and the Rivers of America is perfect.
Screenshot 2024-04-11 160529.png

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
It would just be a lot of money spent on what would likely be perceived as a downgrade by the fans there. I can't imagine a better-fitting IP for that corner of TDL. The entire aesthetics of Critter Country framing the railroad and the Rivers of America is perfect.View attachment 778730
It’s almost like Disney enjoys shrinking their Rivers of America everywhere now.

In Tokyo’s case, Critter Country is already sort of like that new-ish waterfall railroad bridge that looks pretty in Anaheim.

Magic Kingdom doesn’t have anything like that at the moment.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

So, ROA just shrunk by GE?
They basically shortened it by a third to accommodate GE. It used to be a bit more naturally meandering and extend NE a bit further before turning around, somewhat similar to the ROA layout that's still extant at MK.

The other major GE casualty was Big Thunder Ranch, which housed some minor entertainment/seasonal venues, a BBQ restaurant, and a petting zoo.

X-filed

2024- Fantasy Springs
2027-Space Mountain Earthrise/Tomorrowland update
2030-???

I wonder if a new port for TDS (on the land beside Lost River Delta) would be too soon after Fantasy Springs.
2024-Fantasy Springs
2027- Space Mountain EARTHRISE + gardens

202?-203? :
Tokyo DisneyLand
* World Bazaar re-do (old rumor)
* E-ticket ride replacing the green costuming building in Adventureland
* "The Little Mermaid" Dark Ride in Mermaid Lagoon facing Triton's Kingdom
* Splash Mountain re-theme? => new take on a Zootopia-themed land??
* Haunted Mansion update
* BTM update/retrack
* Buzz Lightyear Astro Blast update/retheme with Groot or Stitch?
* update/ improvements for Snow White, Dumbo & Pinocchio*

Tokyo DisneySea
* COCO ride in Lost River Delta
* Moana-themed port in Tokyo DisneySea
* Aladdin E-ticket ride replacing the Magic Lamp Theater
* Port Discovery replacement?

Tokyo DisneySky

*Japanese-themed land (old rumor)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom