Mirada updating Philharmonic possibly

Turtle

Yeah, a Star Tours-esque variability would be pretty cool and relatively easy for a movie based attraction. Would allow for the inclusion of different songs or franchises to the attraction.
The variable line-up could be additionally "At Last I See The Light" from Tangled, "Actors Life For Me" from Pinocchio, "Almost There" from Princess and The Frog, a song from the upcoming 2013 Snow Queen, and "Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book

CJR

I love the idea, because right now, it's not really repeatable. It's the same thing every time, but this would mix it up.

I like the idea of adding more films, but I think it would be fun to add in more songs from the current ones too. For example, I could see Donald getting in trouble during the song "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" or "Under the Sea". There are so many things they could do though from new films, to the 90's (Mulan, Tarzan, etc), to the older classics like Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. I mean this could definitely be a must visit attraction again and so much variety could be tossed into it over the years that a person could possibly never see it all.

RSoxNo1

For a little while now, Jim Hill had discussed the concept of Soarin' Over Fantasy. I guess they used footage from PhilharMagic on the screen at Soarin' to see if it would work, the rumor was that this would go into Shanghai and potentially Epcot and DCA. I wonder if this footage is for that concept.

djlaosc

For a little while now, Jim Hill had discussed the concept of Soarin' Over Fantasy. I guess they used footage from PhilharMagic on the screen at Soarin' to see if it would work, the rumor was that this would go into Shanghai and potentially Epcot and DCA. I wonder if this footage is for that concept.

I have read that somewhere recently - and, if they do do this, hopefully they will attach it to the Imagination Pavilion instead of the Land Pavilion! Unless they go over various "lands" in Disney films, eg./ Pride Rock in The Lion King, Agrabah in Aladdin, and focus on the land instead of the characters, then it does not fit in the Land Pavilion at all, whereas someone's "imagination" created the stories/films, so it would be a better fit there (and could help with a pavilion refurb)

Looking at Google Maps, it looks like it could be possible!

Or, I wonder if they would divide the ride up and the one on the right side stays Soarin' (possibly Over the World), and the one on the left is connected to Imagination and becomes Soarin' over Fantasy - would cut capacity so could increase queues, but having two different attractions could keep the queues down.

djlaosc

I love the idea, because right now, it's not really repeatable. It's the same thing every time, but this would mix it up.

I like the idea of adding more films, but I think it would be fun to add in more songs from the current ones too. For example, I could see Donald getting in trouble during the song "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" or "Under the Sea". There are so many things they could do though from new films, to the 90's (Mulan, Tarzan, etc), to the older classics like Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. I mean this could definitely be a must visit attraction again and so much variety could be tossed into it over the years that a person could possibly never see it all.

I would really like them to do this - just have a small team that constantly works on new scenes, either from new films/same films and have them randomise each time.

However, would they really be willing to spend the money? (maybe if Hong Kong shared the costs/it went into Shanghai)

SirLink

I would really like them to do this - just have a small team that constantly works on new scenes, either from new films/same films and have them randomise each time.

However, would they really be willing to spend the money? (maybe if Hong Kong shared the costs/it went into Shanghai)

If they ever did want to update it you could have OLC/HK/TWDC split the costs between the parks and you could possibly even get EuroDisney SCA to build the attraction and quarter the costs yet again.

djlaosc

At the moment, there are 52 WDAS films out, plus 13 Pixar films.

Philharmagic currently uses 6 songs in the show.

So, if they could use even just use one song per film (although they would have even more choice if they used more than one song per film), it would probably be completely different every time you go on (although the show is set up to flow through, eg./ water from Sorcerer's Apprentice leads to Little Mermaid, pixie dust in Peter Pan leads to flying in Aladdin, so it may not be possible to completely randomise it (although Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King don't really connect into anything).

Not all films may be suitable (I've not seen everything they've done, so some may not even have musical numbers in), but it could be a way to introduce a new generation to lesser known older titles such as "Saludos Amigos", "Make Mine Music", "Fun and Fancy Free" and "Melody Time", as well as more recent forgotten titles such as "The Rescuers", "The Fox and the Hound", "The Black Cauldron", "The Great Mouse Detective", "Oliver and Company", "The Emperor's New Groove", "Atlantis: The Lost Empire", "Treasure Island", "Brother Bear", "Home on the Range", "Chicken Little" and "Meet the Robinsons".

They could have even more choice if they were to add "DisneyToon Studios", "Disney Shorts", "Pixar Shorts", "Stop-Motion Film", "ImageMovers Digital" and "Studio Ghibli" as well as the "Animated features produced by outside/third-party studios" such as The Brave Little Toaster, Thief and the Cobbler, Pokemon, Valient, The Wild and Gnomeo & Juliet.

Not saying that they would all be suitable (it would be weird seeing Pokemon in there, for example), but just looking at the possibilities,

They could also have it themed to the seasons (eg./ A Christmas Carol/Mickey's Christmas Carol scenes used near Christmas)

CJR

They could also have it themed to the seasons (eg./ A Christmas Carol/Mickey's Christmas Carol scenes used near Christmas)

Wow, I have never even thought about that, but what a great idea! Think of how popular it would during the Christmas party and/or Halloween party. That would be incredible!

djlaosc

Wow, I have never even thought about that, but what a great idea! Think of how popular it would during the Christmas party and/or Halloween party. That would be incredible!

Yeah, you could have "Nightmare Before Christmas", "Frankenweenie", and "villain" songs for Halloween, and "A Christmas Carol", "Mickey's Christmas Carol" and "Beauty & The Beast: The Enchanted Christmas" at Christmas - if they wanted to make it exclusive, they could just have them available during MNSSHP/MVMCP!

I REALLY hope this happens. Ironically, i've always been draydreaming what it would be like if Disney updates this. This defientely needs an update!

I hope to see:
  • "Friend like Me"
  • "I See the Light"
  • Either "When We're Human" or "Dig a Little Deeper"
  • "Under the Sea"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom