Minor Fantasmic Update

ChristianG

Original Poster
Please excuse me if this has already been posted, but I was watching a recent Fantasmic video when I noticed something small, but new.

In the following video you can see new white lights placed behind Sorcerer Mickey that are choreographed to the music. I don't recall ever seeing them before and I thought it would be worth the share.

EDIT:

Here's a clearer and more centered shot of the lights (start at 26:17):

It may be a small update but I think they look really good. Also the second video really shows off how high they go - looks really grand and almost reminds me of the DHS signature searchlights.

Last edited:

mm52200

I had noticed those in several videos too. Also it looks like the lasers have been replaced/upgraded in a lot of other videos as well. Aside from a new Dragon and upgraded projectors, they've really cleaned up and freshened up Fantasmic recently.

mm52200

I thought I would add on to this thread. I recently found this Fantasmic video (they have the whole show in parts on their channel) and maybe it's just they have a good camera but the projections in this video are super clear. It's like that in all of the videos, I noticed details and images I had never seen before. Is there maybe a chance the projectors were upgraded to digital without people knowing or did the film just receive a really good cleaning? Or am I just making it all up haha.

ChristianG

Original Poster
I thought I would add on to this thread. I recently found this Fantasmic video (they have the whole show in parts on their channel) and maybe it's just they have a good camera but the projections in this video are super clear. It's like that in all of the videos, I noticed details and images I had never seen before. Is there maybe a chance the projectors were upgraded to digital without people knowing or did the film just receive a really good cleaning? Or am I just making it all up haha.

Nice catch! They do look a lot clearer. It's hard to tell if it's just a cleaning or actual upgrades to the projector. I feel like if they did upgrade them someone on here would catch it (they would have to fill out a permit for it wouldn't they? I don't know a lot about permits and all of the "legal" work for construction so correct me if I'm wrong.)

Watching some Disneyland Fantasmic videos, the upgraded projectors look a lot brighter than the projections shown in that WDW video, however that could just be because of the cameras.

mm52200

Nice catch! They do look a lot clearer. It's hard to tell if it's just a cleaning or actual upgrades to the projector. I feel like if they did upgrade them someone on here would catch it (they would have to fill out a permit for it wouldn't they? I don't know a lot about permits and all of the "legal" work for construction so correct me if I'm wrong.)

Watching some Disneyland Fantasmic videos, the upgraded projectors look a lot brighter than the projections shown in that WDW video, however that could just be because of the cameras.
Agreed, I finally saw DL's this summer and they were so bright and clear. Several of the scenes we share on the projections seemed to match DL quality in this video. Hopefully someone in entertainment can confirm or deny this.

tl77

I don't know if Disney upgraded their projectors for the show, but this was definitely shot with a pretty high quality camera, the contrast and image quality of this vide is a lot better than the other vids posted here

Kman101

I swear I thought SOMETHING was upgraded for Fantasmic last year (when those glow hats debuted). Wasn't it supposed to be the barges or something? Man my memory is already shot, lol.

Trekkie101

Fantasmic at DL seemed to have white stars projected during the blue wave section at the start this week.

It also seemed to track the cannon shot from the boat for nearly 10-15 seconds.

Hadnt noticed it before.

Glad to hear the studios are improving also - much prefer the WDW version.

Mammymouse

Did they always have a female announcer at the beginning? I haven't been in a while and my memory isn't what it used to be either, Kmam101!

Marc Gil

Just saw Fantasmic 2 nights ago. I also noticed that the water projections seemed somewhat crisper, the sound quality was great, and the lighting has improved a lot.

Now all we need is a new dragon... IMO, I actually think our dragon still holds up and it's still quite impressive, but Disneyland's is WOW!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom