Mickey's PhilharMagic closing for short refurbishment in September

NMBC1993

Awesome! I'm glad this attraction is getting some attention. It should match the rest of Fantasyland, hopefully Peter Pan's Flight follows suit. Doesn't bother me in the slightest as I'll be at Universal in September enjoying my new AP and a frozen Butterbeer in Diagon Alley:D

DisneyOutsider

Awesome! I'm glad this attraction is getting some attention. It should match the rest of Fantasyland, hopefully Peter Pan's Flight follows suit. Doesn't bother me in the slightest as I'll be at Universal in September enjoying my new AP and a frozen Butterbeer in Diagon Alley:D
What exactly are you hoping is done to PhilharMagic in 12 days of work that will make it "match the rest of Fantasyland"?

RSoxNo1

I'm a big fan of this show and I'm glad it will be open for part of my trip. It's only 12 days, but I would not be surprised to see a change to the film here. There have been rumors of Frozen and other character changes finding their way into this attraction.

NMBC1993

What exactly are you hoping is done to PhilharMagic in 12 days of work that will make it "match the rest of Fantasyland"?

I just meant that it'll be nice for the attraction to get a cleaning and "attempt" to match the recent freshness of Fantasyland instead of it continuing to be ignored. Or would you rather them just skip it all together?

DisneyOutsider

I just meant that it'll be nice for the attraction to get a cleaning and "attempt" to match the recent freshness of Fantasyland instead of it continuing to be ignored. Or would you rather them just skip it all together?

I'm all for refurbs.. believe me.. but it just sounded like you were expecting a major theme overhaul .

lnsemsf

Original Poster
The seats in our row were in pretty rough shape the last time I went in there a few weeks back. If I had to guess it's going to be some basic maintenance on the theater and not a change to the film itself. Maybe they'll finally be able to get Donald out of the wall, he's been stuck in there for years.

DisneyOutsider

Are you kidding? This is WDW we're talking about here, I don't think they even know the concept of "lengthy refurbs" anymore, let alone what they entail. That's why I've decided to take my business elsewhere. See previous post;)

Like I said I was only responding to the tone of your post. And there have been several recent lengthy refurbs, including Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Test Track.

Cesar R M

Just a quick heads up...

Mickey's PhilharMagic will be closed September 8-19th 2014.

Plan your disappointment accordingly.
and your "sarcastic and annoying posts for the forum or blog" on returning ;)

12 days huh...

*insert sarcastic TDO remark here*

In all seriousness, this is a much needed refurb, although I don't know how much is going to be accomplished in 12 days. I hope they repaint and clean the queue.

agree, if they put effort and a good bulk of employees..they might improve the thing a lot of the wear and tear.

Sped2424

If a new film segments are already completed it would take little to no time to put it in the attraction I am guessing. The things I want out of this refurb
New armchair/scent dispensers as the ones now look in terrible shape.
Hd upgrade to the film (shouldn't be hard if it was done before hand)
New projector
and some new scenes
Literally all of this shouldn't be hard to do. Now whether or not they wanna put the money to do so is another problem.
At most this refurb will probably just be new cushions for the chairs and some screen repair or cleaning? I hope they can surprise me.

MerlinTheGoat

It has been over 2 years since my last WDW visit, but last time I did this movie the quality was abysmal. Blurry as it could be and the 3D had a ton of double imaging/crosstalk (while I do have an astigmatism, I wear corrective glasses and have no such trouble seeing pretty perfect 3D with Muppetvision or in any decently kept up movie theater). I'm assuming the reason Philharmagic looks as bad as it does is because it still uses film and hasn't been upgraded to digital, which is usually the culprit with poor quality projection (Disney does a really awful job maintaining film at WDW and it's common to see problems wherever there's a projected element). Muppets I believe was upped to digital some years ago and looked fantastic last time I did it (don't know about Captain EO but last I watched it a few years ago the quality and 3D also seemed pretty darn good). I don't know if they're going to upgrade the movie during the refurb, but i suppose it should be possible within a short period of time (though i wouldn't bet money on it). I assume the quality hasn't improved any over the last couple of years (probably worse), it needs to be fixed ASAP...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I certainly hope one of the items on the bullet list to fix is the squirting water. Within a minute of the water squirting from the chairs in front of us my DDs allergies went ballistic out of nowhere. She said it was a mildew-ie reaction. When the lights came on we looked and the amount of curd built up on the metal screens for the the squirter covers was disgusting.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm not expecting much, but I do hope they at least fix the projectors so that the top fifth of the screen isn't black during the opening scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom