Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Tips

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
I will be attending my first Halloween Party in August. Does anybody have any tips? I have no experience with the event.

DisneyRoy

I will be attending my first Halloween Party in August. Does anybody have any tips? I have no experience with the event.

Get in line for Jack and Sally EARLY. They usually start seeing people before the actual start of the party. I want to say about 4:30 they started the meet and greet. We got in line about 4 and were about 10 people from the front. By the time the meet started, there were easily 50+ people in line. Tomorrowland has quite a few spots for candy....and no lines. We spent a good little bit just going through lines getting candy. Slowly worked our way to Liberty Square getting candy all along the way. Got a spot for the parade right in front of Liberty Tree Tavern. Made our way through Frontierland and Adventureland back to in front of the castle just in time for the projection and fireworks show. Rode a few rides with no wait. More candy. Walked out the front of the park as the second parade was starting to an empty bus waiting for us. Dumped out the candy back in our room and the haul covered the entire bed. I would guess 15+ pounds of candy. And an amazing time.

Raineman

I will be going to MNSSHP with DW and DD for the first time this year as well. My question is-is the party on Halloween night extremely busy, as that is when we will be going. At its busiest, how does the party compare to a regular day at MK crowd-wise?

Worldlover71

Here are a few things I learned at my first Halloween party last fall.
1. There will be fewer people in the park than on a peak day but it will still be very busy. Because of this, the lines for the big ticket rides may still be pretty long (I waited 45 minutes for the 7DMT which is a little less than the usual standby line.) Others will have little to no wait.
2. Guests are usually allowed in at 3:45 so be there at 3:30 to be at the front of the line to maximize your time.
3. If M&Gs are your thing, check online to see what characters are appearing and where so you can decide who you want to meet. Plan on there being lines, especially for the popular/rare characters like Jack & Sally and the 7 Dwarfs.
4. Personally I didn't do any trick or treating because I can get most of the treats they give out anywhere and I would rather use the time for other things. Others of course love trick or treating but it's not mandatory ;)
5. Everyone has different priorities but I would not miss the parade, fireworks or castle show.
6. Few adults were in full costumes but that shouldn't stop you if you want to dress up. I saw a couple Mousekateers, a great Jafar and a beautiful Mrs. Banks.
Have a great time!

Demeter Tess

Don't miss the Boo To You parade. It's my favourite parade at Disney, so much so that we usually attend both showings! Also if you're looking for a huge candy haul, I recommend bringing your own bag. Disney provides treat bags, but they're tiny.

EvilQueen-T

First I always suggest you use the night for the party events not merely to do the regular attractions. Dress up...everyone. It's the only time an adult can dress up in the MK...time to be a kid again lol. I agree about getting in your must do line early. Don't miss the parade. The pic is of my granddaughter and I this past fall. We had a great time.

14641929_1268995989812503_4056801515075331217_n.jpg

thomas998

Understand that it is just starting in August. The only days it will be there are the 25 and 29th.... I assume those days fall into your trip.

Wear cool costumes August will be hot and heavy costumes will be a problem...

It will not be that crowded because it is so early, as you move into October it gets busier so that's going in your favor...

Ask a castmember where the parade will start... they do two parades and if the first one starts at the firehouse on mainstreet then the second one will start at Frontierland.... Best viewing is near frontierland across from the water so you have fewer lights behind the parade when it passes.... try for the parade that starts at Frontier Land whether its the first or second parade because then you have the best position and waste the least amount of time because you'll be there as it just starts and it will end about 20 minutes before it ends for the people on mainstreet meaning you will have that time to try and beat those people as everyone starts heading back to rides after a parade ends...

If you want to see the stage show in front of the castle get there early... if you have small kids don't tell them about it and don't go to it, while kids might enjoy it the fact is they will have a hard time seeing it because it is a standing only deal so unless you want to hold them the whole time they will be watching the backsides of other people more than they will be watching the show...

Candy varies, we've been when they were giving out good stuff and also when it was garbage that I would have been embarrassed to hand out to trick or treaters at my own house, if you are into that thing hold off until later in the evening they do tend to hand out more at each station toward the end where we've had cast members pretty much putting multiple hands full into your bag because they were trying to get rid of what they had left (but remember you'll have to get it all home too, one year we had to buy a new carry-on bag just to get the kids candy home).

Oh one other thing to consider... don't waste do any table service or character meals during the party it will be a big waste of your limited time and you can do those at other times during your trip... That said we have done them simply because it is sometimes much easier to get a reservation for some places during parties than at other times... last time we did it was for Be Our Guest, the down side was we wasted about an hour of party time for something that could have been done any other time if we had made reservations earlier than we did that year.

Last edited:

yedliW

This...

4. Personally I didn't do any trick or treating because I can get most of the treats they give out anywhere and I would rather use the time for other things. Others of course love trick or treating but it's not mandatory ;)

We went a few years ago, and the first hour or so we spent all the time getting in line for candy. It isn't bad.. just not the best use of your time in a limited crowd day at MK.. If you go by a Trick or Treat spot that has a short line.. go grab candy.. but don't waste time tracking them down and waiting in line.

thomas998

This...

We went a few years ago, and the first hour or so we spent all the time getting in line for candy. It isn't bad.. just not the best use of your time in a limited crowd day at MK.. If you go by a Trick or Treat spot that has a short line.. go grab candy.. but don't waste time tracking them down and waiting in line.
very true... and the lines are much worse when the party first starts than after it has been going for a couple of hours.... we pretty much just hit the candy lines now when we are passing by going to another attraction... but last trip we passed one station when they first opened and the line was probably 1 to 2 blocks long, later that evening it was maybe 20 people long just because so many people with kids like to hit the candy when it first opens creating very long lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom