Mickey Pool

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Is the Mickey pool on the Magic no longer Mickey?!?!?! I haven't been on the re-imagineered Magic yet (come on, Iceland!!), but I saw a picture that said it was the new pool on the Magic and it had no Mickey ears. That would make me sad!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Ok, that's strike two. Turning Diversions into O'Gills was strike one. How do you remove the Mickey pool??? It's MICKEY!! Hot tubs for ears! It's iconic on Deck 9. The most distinguishing feature when you look at the ship on Google Maps!

One more dumb change to the Magic and I'm cancelling our Iceland cruise! :mad:

DISNEY FANTASY

Ok, that's strike two. Turning Diversions into O'Gills was strike one. How do you remove the Mickey pool??? It's MICKEY!! Hot tubs for ears! It's iconic on Deck 9. The most distinguishing feature when you look at the ship on Google Maps!

Question? Chuck, did you go in the Mickey pool then? I am a little old for it,

O' Grills is a vast improvement.

Spuriously cancel a sold out Iceland cruise for the Mickey pool? I would sell it on eBay and get twice the money back.

sweetpee_1993

There's always the Wonder. For now.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Question? Chuck, did you go in the Mickey pool then? I am a little old for it,
I did go in the Mickey pool. On our very first Disney Cruise, we took a 4 night Christmas sailing on the Wonder. My daughter was 6 at the time and small for her age. But the kids wanted to go in the pool as soon as we finished lunch. So as the dutiful (and waaayyyy over-protective) Dad, I got my suit on and took her to the Mickey pool. But it was December 23 and COLD. So there is some very funny video of me hunched by the side of the pool, shivering and looking very unhappy. But I solved the problem by sitting in the Mickey ears to keep warm.

O' Grills is a vast improvement.
Unless it's significantly different from O'Gills on the Dream, I doubt it. O'Gills is the worst-designed public space on the Fantasy/Dream, IMHO. Cramped, dark, hard to watch the game.

Spuriously cancel a sold out Iceland cruise for the Mickey pool? I would sell it on eBay and get twice the money back.
No, I wouldn't actually cancel. And I don't think I could sell it on eBay anyway. :)

Disneyfalcon

I did go in the Mickey pool. On our very first Disney Cruise, we took a 4 night Christmas sailing on the Wonder. My daughter was 6 at the time and small for her age. But the kids wanted to go in the pool as soon as we finished lunch. So as the dutiful (and waaayyyy over-protective) Dad, I got my suit on and took her to the Mickey pool. But it was December 23 and COLD. So there is some very funny video of me hunched by the side of the pool, shivering and looking very unhappy. But I solved the problem by sitting in the Mickey ears to keep warm.

Unless it's significantly different from O'Gills on the Dream, I doubt it. O'Gills is the worst-designed public space on the Fantasy/Dream, IMHO. Cramped, dark, hard to watch the game.

No, I wouldn't actually cancel. And I don't think I could sell it on eBay anyway. :)

O'Gills is pretty different! It's still a little on the dark side, but no darker than Diversions was. And it's sooooo much bigger!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom