Mickey Not So Scary 2019 Party Pass!

KikoKea

Have you called to see if they'd exchange/upgrade? Or I assume your tickets cost more then the pass so... probably not?
Phone lines are having "technical difficulty", but someone via chat said you can upgrade purchased party tickets. We'll check into that next week when there. Still, announcing an unlimited party pass months after individual tickets have been on sale doesn't sound like Disney has its act together or it is desperate to pack more people in and raise money.

chriskbrown

I'd love to know if you could upgrade a ticket for tonight for one of these. Hopefully not, so they really gouge all the bloggers on this move, because you know they will buy one anyway.

Anyone who has prebought tickets for a Halloween visit need to REALLY rethink things. Even if you are staying only at Disney, a MNSSHP pass and maybe a 3 day afternoon pass could get you into parks a LOT during a week. I haven't ran the numbers, but I'd think it would make sense. Of course, there are plenty of idiots who pay to get in to the MK in the morning, and stay for a party too.

But, something is seriously wrong. Can't wait for crowd reports for tonight, and the next, oh crap, I forgot there are FRIDAY parties. Those are now going to be no fun whatsoever. Every teen in Orlando will be hitting those.

We use to take the morning of the party off and enter at say 4. Its interesting to think of doing a reverse DL trip (east coasters at DL doing rope drop with the 3 hour time advantage) - stay up late, sleep in each day and then stroll in late in the afternooon. Maybe Disney is trying to shape the parks, seeing someone how attendance drops in the afternoons? Seems weird as so many days we rope drop, run hard, and swim upstream at 11am

mguimond1990

They must have info stating that party numbers are down this year..or they don’t care about the attendance cap (whatever it is these days)..or maybe a little of both. As others have stated, it’s a neat option, but it seems desperate.

donsullivan

Premium Member
When it was announced on Disneyparks says you can upgrade a ticket already purchased.

It was a slightly cumbersome process due to some issue they're having with the phone tree but I did it this afternoon. It doesn't matter when you bought the ticket, they just ask for your confirmation number or the email address tied to your MDE profile.

The one thing they cannot do is automatically add it to your MDE profile. All they can generate is a WillCall notice. You then can add that number to your MDE profile yourself just like any other ticket and the entitlement is then a part of your profile for access with MagicBands or cards that you already have on your account.

Last edited:

dreamfinder912

This is the BEST news. The Halloween party is always my favorite time to go to MK and now....hoo boy. I can treat MNSSHP like I treat any other day....if I just wanna run in and have a weird flavored ice cream and catch the early Hocus Pocus...I CAN. For those worried about crowding....remember that while locals are by definition local.....we aren't on vacation. Which means both that we are relatively detached from having to do/see ALL OF THE THINGS since they're so accessible, and we have to get up in the morning and go to work

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
quote-nobody-goes-there-anymore-it-s-too-crowded-yogi-berra-16848.jpg

Any guess as to how much higher the attendance cap is this year?

matt9112

How would they do that though? Without requiring some sort or registration in advance (which isn't mentioned) I don't see any way they can do that. So I'm back to thinking some of the parties will not only be sold out, but "oversold" out.

Well the park can fit alot more people than the parties do...so why not fill it to the brim? Who cares right....who cares.

While I agree this reads of desperation in terms of attendance, there is a bigger problem here. Disney is definitely leaving money on the table.

Why is that before the first party is over, a party limited popcorn bucket that sells for $18 at the event is on eBay for for $50-$60 each and people are buying it. Why do sellers on eBay have more than 10 available? First of all, as someone who has tickets for a MNSSHP party in late September and has a wife who hopes to buy some of the merchandise, how will anything be left at this rate? This "pass" will be used by every eBay seller/local to fill their pockets. Flipping merchandise for double (or triple) the original cost will more than pay for any pass someone buys. If the market will bear a $50 popcorn bucket, clearly Disney could be bringing in this money for themselves. They are missing the forest for the trees and allowing a secondary market to thrive.

Hawg G

While I agree this reads of desperation in terms of attendance, there is a bigger problem here. Disney is definitely leaving money on the table.

Why is that before the first party is over, a party limited popcorn bucket that sells for $18 at the event is on eBay for for $50-$60 each and people are buying it. Why do sellers on eBay have more than 10 available? First of all, as someone who has tickets for a MNSSHP party in late September and has a wife who hopes to buy some of the merchandise, how will anything be left at this rate? This "pass" will be used by every eBay seller/local to fill their pockets. Flipping merchandise for double (or triple) the original cost will more than pay for any pass someone buys. If the market will bear a $50 popcorn bucket, clearly Disney could be bringing in this money for themselves. They are missing the forest for the trees and allowing a secondary market to thrive.

Hadn't thought about that. The locals are going to suck up major amounts of popcorn buckets with these passes. It was already bad, this will make it worse.

It's amazing how Ebay prices stay up though. That dang Orange Bird Sippy cup from earlier this year is STILL going for like triple its cost.

dreamfinder912

Hadn't thought about that. The locals are going to suck up major amounts of popcorn buckets with these passes. It was already bad, this will make it worse.

It's amazing how Ebay prices stay up though. That dang Orange Bird Sippy cup from earlier this year is STILL going for like triple its cost.

I can't really weigh in on morality, but man it is so CONVENIENT to know that somebody is gonna have XYZ product on ebay when I'm too lazy/unable to go to an event. When the villains late night thing was announced for MK I was back and forth about it...weeknight, expensive, I don't care about ride wait times....all I really wanted was the tee shirt. $120 ticket + $30 shirt, or $50 tee shirt on ebay....It was an easy call. There is an upside to the ebay-ing. People who couldn't (or in my case, wouldn't) go to an event can still get the event merchandise. And before anyone says "well if you don't go you SHOULDN'T be able to get it" all that stuff is sold in park after a certain date, and a good chunk of it makes it to those magical discount outlets both for CMs and the general public. Almost nothing is "exclusive."

biggy H

If you wanted to see and do everything on offer at a party night now this option will allow you to do it without having to spend a small fortune buying multiple tickets. I know several guests here in the UK who are seriously thinking of getting this ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom