Mickey Avenue - New Land at DHS?

Turtle

Original Poster
I thought of a mini-land called Mickey Avenue that would be really cool and would be based off of the classic black-and-white Mickey cartoons. Mickey Avenue would take up half of 'Animation Courtyard' which will occupy the spaces of One Man's Dream, the former Prince Caspian exhibit and Voyage of The Little Mermaid. All rides will look saturated with no color reminiscent of black and white in a fun family environment.

Plane Crazy: A zany outdoor family plane coaster based off of the cartoon Plane Crazy. This ride would be in the Prince Caspian building.

Mickey's Meet Up: Meet Mickey inside a building with an interactive queue. This would share the space with Plane Crazy of One Man's Dream.

Silly Symphony Playground: An interactive musical playground based off of Silly Symphonies for the kids to relax. You can think of this similar to the musical Haunted Mansion queue.

Steamboat Willie: An outdoor water carousel similar to the abandoned toontown Donald attraction. (This would be where The Little Mermaid show is now

This mini land can bring something fun for the kids because Hollywood Studios is regarded as a thrill park. Also it gives a home for Mickey Mouse now that Toontown is no longer in existence.

What do you think about Mickey Avenue ?

Update 1 (8/12/12) : Aerial View of Miniland
Screen%20Shot%202012-08-12%20at%2010.03.41%20PM.png

The red, dark blue, and pink squares (Plane Crazy Coaster, Steamboat Willie, and Silly Symphonies Playground) would be outdoor and the buildings would be taken down.

The light blue parts are entrance arches that will look nice, and the yellow around the hat would be a little nice looking fence/barrier with Silly Symphonies and other cartoons of Disney from that time.

ZaneB

I like this idea very much, especially if it was all done in black and white! I think Animation Courtyard and Pixar Place should be upgraded with lots of things for kids to do, so majority of the rides outside those areas can be mainly thrill rides. Disney needs a thrill park!

ImagineerDude

I like this idea very much, especially if it was all done in black and white! I think Animation Courtyard and Pixar Place should be upgraded with lots of things for kids to do, so majority of the rides outside those areas can be mainly thrill rides. Disney needs a thrill park!
Ooh, black and white would be very cool now that I think about it.
I thought of a mini-land called Mickey Avenue that would be really cool and would be based off of the classic black-and-white Mickey cartoons. Mickey Avenue would take up half of 'Animation Courtyard' which will occupy the spaces of One Man's Dream, the former Prince Caspian exhibit and Voyage of The Little Mermaid. All rides will look saturated with no color reminiscent of black and white in a fun family environment.

Plane Crazy: A zany outdoor family plane coaster based off of the cartoon Plane Crazy. This ride would be in the Prince Caspian building.

Mickey's Meet Up: Meet Mickey inside a building with an interactive queue. This would share the space with Plane Crazy of One Man's Dream.

Silly Symphony Playground: An interactive musical playground based off of Silly Symphonies for the kids to relax. You can think of this similar to the musical Haunted Mansion queue.

Steamboat Willie: An outdoor water carousel similar to the abandoned toontown Donald attraction. (This would be where The Little Mermaid show is now

This mini land can bring something fun for the kids because Hollywood Studios is regarded as a thrill park. Also it gives a home for Mickey Mouse now that Toontown is no longer in existence.

What do you think about Mickey Avenue ?
Any chance to add a House of Mouse character dining? :)

Turtle

Original Poster
But everything you said was in it had to do with classic cartoons. Not even one thing to do with house of mouse?

Well the land would be mostly black and white so a vibrant big restaurant wouldn't really fit in. This is practically a mini-land rather than a whole land because it just has 2 rides, playground, maybe a shop, and a meet and greet.

Turtle

Original Poster
This sounds kind of far-fetched but I found out that my aunt's boyfriend's cousin is an imagineer. So I'll try to casually slip the idea in his mind so there's a .01% chance of it happening. ;)

tl77

This idea is great, mini rides based on the classic cartoons, but I don't know about where you want to place it. The original MGM "Roger Rabbit's Toon Town" was supposed to go on Sunset Boulevard where all the little outdoor quick sever restaurants are now, and have a back entrance to the Animation Courtyard I'd put it there instead

disneystudiotoon.jpg

Turtle

Original Poster
This idea is great, mini rides based on the classic cartoons, but I don't know about where you want to place it. The original MGM "Roger Rabbit's Toon Town" was supposed to go on Sunset Boulevard where all the little outdoor quick sever restaurants are now, and have a back entrance to the Animation Courtyard I'd put it there instead

disneystudiotoon.jpg
That is actually a much better location! At first i was considering where One Man's Dream and Prince Caspian is but after all it kind of has an old time Sunset Boulevard feel and an animation feel to it so why not in-between? :D

tl77

That is actually a much better location! At first i was considering where One Man's Dream and Prince Caspian is but after all it kind of has an old time Sunset Boulevard feel and an animation feel to it so why not in-between? :D

Yeah your Mickey Avenue is such a great concept. My only thought is maybe it should be styled like vintage 30's/40's Coney Island types of rides. Like if they had built Disneyland in 1938, and only had the Shorts to base it on, what kind of rides would they have had in that era? Because all those little quick sever restaurant remind me of the kinds of things you see at Coney Island, like Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs and whatnot, what if you kept some of them but re-themed them to Hoarse Horsecollar's Grill or Clarabelle Cow's Garden Salads?

Turtle

Original Poster
Yeah your Mickey Avenue is such a great concept. My only thought is maybe it should be styled like vintage 30's/40's Coney Island types of rides. Like if they had built Disneyland in 1938, and only had the Shorts to base it on, what kind of rides would they have had in that era? Because all those little quick sever restaurant remind me of the kinds of things you see at Coney Island, like Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs and whatnot, what if you kept some of them but re-themed them to Hoarse Horsecollar's Grill or Clarabelle Cow's Garden Salads?
a black-and-whtie coney island would be amazing!

tl77

a black-and-whtie coney island would be amazing!

I was thinking maybe there should be a "Silly Symphonies" dark ride, that starts with the original Black and White Character designs, and progresses to color. It could just be an assortment scenes from the shorts, and include stuff like "Skeleton Dance" and "Flowers and Trees", but be a kind of over view of the early history of Disney Animation

sillydarkride.jpg

Turtle

Original Poster
I was thinking maybe there should be a "Silly Symphonies" dark ride, that starts with the original Black and White Character designs, and progresses to color. It could just be an assortment scenes from the shorts, and include stuff like "Skeleton Dance" and "Flowers and Trees", but be a kind of over view of the early history of Disney Animation

sillydarkride.jpg
that would be cool, BUT for animation courtyard. like this is supposed to be very simple and a mini-land so i wouldn't think that a dark-ride would fit. If it was a full-fledged land with stores and restaurants then yeah why not, the size is a bit smaller than toontown. But it's just a figment of our imagination so why not :)

ImagineerDude

that would be cool, BUT for animation courtyard. like this is supposed to be very simple and a mini-land so i wouldn't think that a dark-ride would fit. If it was a full-fledged land with stores and restaurants then yeah why not, the size is a bit smaller than toontown. But it's just a figment of our imagination so why not :)
I agree, and kinda off topic but I had always imagined that concept in a giant parade float for a new MK parade :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom