Michael Wolff's Claims Roy And Stan Gold Would've Sold To Comcast

Would Roy And Stan Have Sold Disney To Comcast Just To Get Rid Of Eisner?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

Mmoore29

Original Poster
In Michael Wolff's May 2004 Vanity Fair article about Roy and Stan Gold and the "Save Disney" campaign, he charged that that duo were deliberately distorting the picture about Michael Eisner in order whip up fervor, and that, had they succeeded in Philadelphia, would've just dumped Disney into Comcast's hands.

The full article, for those who haven't read it, is here: https://archive.vanityfair.com/article/2004/5/michael-eisners-mouse-trap

Personally, I seriously doubt Roy and Stan were that deranged, that they would've basically sold out, took the money and ran, just to get rid of Eisner. Even if you're of the opinion the campaign was not the real reason Eisner needed to leave, this just doesn't sound believable. Roy valued the company too much and its legacy too much in order to do something that venal and shortsighted. It would've been completely against his character, given how much he followed in the footsteps of his uncle and father. While Roy didn't want to run the company himself, he certainly wanted it to remain fiercely independent.

Robbiem

I doubt it but Roy may have sold if the price was right.

I remember reading during the 1984 crisis at Disney Ron Miller would have sold the company to MCA but the deal fell apart because MCA wouldn’t guarantee him a role going forward

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom