MGM Backlot tour closed?

Maerj

Original Poster
Another WDW rumor site keeps posting that the Backlot Studio Tour is going to be closed from June 9 to June 15. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks...

surfsupdon

if the backlot is only closed during that short period, then why is the rumored cancellation of the osbourne lights running rampant

Coasterbp

Originally posted by Maerj
Another WDW rumor site keeps posting that the Backlot Studio Tour is going to be closed from June 9 to June 15. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks...

I'll confirm that for you. And when you go on the Backlot Tour after this time, you'll understand the rumors about the Osborne Lights.

And also look for GMR to reopen around the 9th of June.

imagineersrock

Re: Re: MGM Backlot tour closed?

Originally posted by Coasterbp
I'll confirm that for you. And when you go on the Backlot Tour after this time, you'll understand the rumors about the Osborne Lights.

interesting....... i'm unfortunantly however assuming you can't tell us anymore.

well, can ANYONE say ANYTHING about the catstrophe canyon section of the tour? seeing that it is in pretty bad shape, i had heard that this part of the tour would be undergoing a rather lengthy rehab sometime starting later this year... anybody? anything??:lookaroun

Maerj

Original Poster
Re: Re: MGM Backlot tour closed?

Thank you, I appreciate your help!

Originally posted by surfsupdon
if the backlot is only closed during that short period, then why is the rumored cancellation of the osbourne lights running rampant

Perhaps because Jennings Osborne himself said that they weren't going to be displayed this year. They will, however, return to New York St. next year.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
All new plants...reprogrammed AAs...new script (a bit cheesier - JC style)...vehicle rehab... :)
Did they change any of the movies? I bet the ending movie is changed also.

General Grizz

I've been told that the film is remaining the same. I find it logical to be changed, also, so don't be surprised if it is - but I haven't seen any indication as of yet. :)

ReDefined

IMO, The Backlot Tour is a total waste of time. There are far better things to do then look at a bunch of empty film lots. IMHO.

CTXRover

Chinese Theater Facade Question

I have one quick question about the rehab of GMR's facade. Was it a complete overhaul with paint and such to make it look new but keeping the exact same look OR did the rehab of the facade change the look of the Chinese Theater (painting different than before, ornamental themeing gone, etc.)?

Just wondering, because with the Sorcerer's Hat there, it was rumored that the Chinese Theater Facade was going to be removed in the near future. However, if they just finished an extensive rehab to its front and kept it as it looked previously (but with new paint and such), it wouldn't make any sense to get rid of it in a year or two.

Coasterbp

This is a correction to a previous statement. The Backlot Tour apparently will NOT be closing on June 9th like it was previously stated. It was originally PLANNED to be closed until the 15th, but they are going to keep it open. It will be starting a new route that day.

We were told this today at work as it will affect driving conditions inside the park for us.

Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom