mexico ride

Sketch105

The ride is cute, and I like the part of the ride that draws comparisons to "Its a small world", where you see the Skeleton mariachi band on the bridge, etc.

Parker

This is one of my favorite rides too for several reasons. Mainly, its simplicity. Second, because there is never a long line and if there is, its air-conditioned.

Plus, I like that you get to ride past people eating in the restaurant. Reminds me of POC in Disneyland.

figmentmom

I love this ride, too. It's a great way to cool off and relax for a few minutes, there's never a wait, and the atmosphere is just terrific. In fact, I love the whole Mexico pavilion!:)

Maria

It looks like none of you has been into the pavillion at 11:00am, huh? :animwink: That´s the only time when there could be a line! After rope drop, everybody rushes to the ride! hehe...

Cuteypatooty, this ride IS wheelchair accesible! :)

Next time you all go, please take a look at the little museum in the lobby! It is very nice... :animwink:

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
I never rode the "El Rio De Tiemp" or whatever the heck the name of it is before. I'll have to though this trip! :)

"El Rio Del Tiempo-the River of Time"... great ride, at least I think so... :D

TravisMT81

Mexico is probably one of my favorite pavillion. I love the inside Market. I haven;t eaten in the restaurant, any suggestions on what to get?

Luau Cove

El Rio del Tiempo is liked by the visitors because it's a relaxing ride using a water-propulsion system which is always appreciated. It is confirmed that people enjoy much more when the attraction is a "boat" type of ride. Plus the darkness gives a romantic mood to "EL rio".

-->LUAU

WDWFREAK53

Hey...don't forget!!! Those cool new pins for the 100 years of magic (the interactive light-up ones) GO CRAZY IN THIS ATTRACTION!!! In the marketplace area they all blink red and in the final scene with the fireworks...they GO CRAZY!!!

ADDS a lot more excitement to it!!! (Too bad it'll only last a year :( )

Merlin0402

I think that they should do a tiki room like redo on this ride, with the 3 caballeros. They could be placed throughout the ride, causing all kinds of trouble in each scene. The ride is so cheesy anyway, it would lend itsself perfectly to something like this. Anyone have any other ideas?
Merlin

Maria

Originally posted by Merlin0402
I think that they should do a tiki room like redo on this ride, with the 3 caballeros. They could be placed throughout the ride, causing all kinds of trouble in each scene. The ride is so cheesy anyway, it would lend itsself perfectly to something like this. Anyone have any other ideas?
Merlin

There was a time when they were giving some maintenance to the ride and the rumor was that they were going to include Donald Duck in it... we didn´t like it. See... The rides in the pavillions in WSC are to showcase the country´s culture, and Donald is not part of the mexican culture. I don´t think cast members from let´s say Norway, would like Daisy Duck or any other character in their ride either. :animwink: I am speaking as a former cast member and also as a mexican. :animwink:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Maria

There was a time when they were giving some maintenance to the ride and the rumor was that they were going to include Donald Duck in it... we didn´t like it. See... The rides in the pavillions in WSC are to showcase the country´s culture, and Donald is not part of the mexican culture. I don´t think cast members from let´s say Norway, would like Daisy Duck or any other character in their ride either. :animwink: I am speaking as a former cast member and also as a mexican. :animwink:

I agree Maria...I am Italian and I would NOT want to see like Lady and the Tramp eating at THAT italian restaurant...Tony's in the MK is ok because that park is all about Fantasy...but the countries portray the ACTUAL country...not the DISNEY COUNTRY.

bearboysnc

Hey...don't forget!!! Those cool new pins for the 100 years of magic (the interactive light-up ones) GO CRAZY IN THIS ATTRACTION!!! In the marketplace area they all blink red and in the final scene with the fireworks...they GO CRAZY!!!

4 flashing lights is "CRAZY"

You are too easily ammused. Those things are a rip off.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Merlin0402
They could be placed throughout the ride, causing all kinds of trouble in each scene.

Naaaa, why trouble?! This ride is a calm one, why can't we have a few quite attractions left for a while?

-->LUAU

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by bearboysnc

(When there are 2 people with ALL 5...that's 4 lights PER PIN...)
If I did the math correctly...that would be a total of 40 lights
So yes...they went crazy.

But yes...I am too easily amused! (El Rio De Tiempo is one of my favorite attractions...nuff said)

DisneyGal

It's the experience itself that makes it all worthwhile. It adds to the ride something that you can't experience over and over again.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DisneyGal

It's the experience itself that makes it all worthwhile. It adds to the ride something that you can't experience over and over again.

That's right!!! THIS IS ONE TIME THING!!! ONE YEAR...THAT'S IT...and it's just ONE MORE LITTLE BIT OF MAGIC...So...if it "amuses" me...then GOOD...at least it adds a little more FLAIR to the attraction! (even if it IS just 4 little lights)...People go CRAZY when they find a hidden mickey...and that's JUST 3 LITTLE CIRCLES (ok, I'm one of them but you know what I mean)

bearboysnc

That's right!!! THIS IS ONE TIME THING!!! ONE YEAR...THAT'S IT

Like Main Street Electrical Parade's "FINALE"?
The Parade they swore would never return?
The same parade that is now running at DCA with the EXACT same floats?
The Parade that DL sold commemorative light bulbs from the "ACTUAL" floats as keepsakes, so you'd own a little piece of history?

They'll be pulling Special Events, and lighted pins out of thin air as long as you keep buying them. Next year's pin will have 5 lights. The year after that it'll beep everytime you make a purchase...

kaos

Like Main Street Electrical Parade's "FINALE"?
The Parade they swore would never return?
The same parade that is now running at DCA with the EXACT same floats?
The Parade that DL sold commemorative light bulbs from the "ACTUAL" floats as keepsakes, so you'd own a little piece of history?

They'll be pulling Special Events, and lighted pins out of thin air as long as you keep buying them. Next year's pin will have 5 lights. The year after that it'll beep everytime you make a purchase...

This is probably going to be off topic but...

MSEP that appeared in WDW was shipped to Tokyo. It was replaced by Spectromagic. OK, we all know that. The MSEP that was in DL was a little different than the one in WDW. Disney tried hard to replce it at DL with a variety of different shows after they ended that one. Due to public demand, they decided to bring the MSEP back to DL. One problem... the central warehouse couldn't find the space to build the parade with all the DCA doings going on, so they asked WDW Cental Shops to build it for them. DL put up the money and WDW put up the space and labor (yeah, I know.. all the same company, but different buckets) The deal was that WDW would build the EXACT version of the DL parade if they could run it at WDW for 4 months after its completion, just to "work out the bugs". Of course, 4 mohts turned into 3 1/2 years... but the parade was shipped out West to DL. However, to try and bring people into the new park, DCA, the parade was re-debuted there as the Electrical Light Parade... no longer the Main Street Electrical Parade. So technically, it's not the MSEP, but hey... at least for a change Disney did listen to public sentiment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom