MEW's Dream Disney Resort - The Final Chapter - Winner of a Lemon Tree Award, Sponsored by Applebees

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Absolutely wonderful, MEW! But I have a few questions: how would the transition from sailing over the island itself to going in closer to fly over the Lost Boys, Indians, etc.? I read the part about the canyon, but how would it work?

And second, I watched the video you posted of Shanghai's flight. I think Hook's clothes were torn when he was in the croc's jaws.

Thank you! In the video it appears like he's wearing his entire Hook getup with the hat and everything when he's on the jaws of the crocodile. I should have said that he'll look more like this:

83766c8f4fc9f18d522f3e217264c8a9.jpg

With a little less skin showing, though, this is a family theme park, haha.

As for the transition from miniature Skull Rock to a "cruise" through the mountaintops, the transition will act just like Florida/Tokyo.

After soaring above the miniature Skull Rock, the galleons will cruise through a series of clouds, round a corner and all of a sudden the mountaintops of Neverland are closer than expected, with mermaids in a waterfall-surrounded lagoon to the right, the Lost Boys surrounding a campfire below to the left, the Indians and teepees on a clifftop slightly higher than the Lost Boys, and some wild animals on a clifftop not too far from the mermaids but in enough proximity to the galleons that the tiny animatronic bear can swipe and miss. The galleons would then round a corner behind the Indian Village, then going straight into the "splashdown" sequence from Shanghai.

EDIT: Earlier I had posted an overview for Snow White's Scary Adventures. Ironically, I hate it. So, look forward to an updated and heavily revised ride-thru for it. It might be a barebones ride-thru though, kind of like what I just did for Peter Pan's Flight.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Guys... I know this is weird for someone to say this about his own work, but I realized that I was smiling as I was writing the final draft. This is going to special, and I mean that in the least-conceited way possible. I'm so stoked to share this with you guys in June.

As an added update for your visual pleasure, I'd like to give a sneak peek at Mickey's Madcap Circus, the new dark ride to be featured in the new sub-area of Storybook Circus.

1955 Upclose.png

See that fantastic concept art by @Basketbuddy101? Well, this wonderful dark ride (which was designed by Buddy, myself, and one other whose name is slipping my mind, I think CostaFreak?) will be making its home in the final draft's Fantasyland. What can one expect to see inside the vibrant-stripes and spots of this Mickey-fronted circus tent? A madcap circus, what else?

Also, Basketbuddy is the one who will be providing concept art for the Haunted Mansion, so expect to see greatness!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Well, to me, it looks just like every other modern firework show in the Disney Parks continuum, but that's certainly not a bad thing. Admittedly, the firework show I have in mind for DLA isn't as story-driven as the Magic of Dreams was, but that's okay as said show lives on in an amphitheatre out back. The new show, Live the Magic will be just as good as any other firework show of the modern era, perhaps a little bit better. I'm excited to flesh out the details for it further.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Question of the Day - I'd love to hear some responses.

So far, the final draft is only in Fantasyland...and it's 77+ pages long...and it's only halfway done...now, that being said, I'm writing it in a Google Docs document, so of course it's going to take up more than the eight pages in this thread. However, in no way do I want to have people stumbling over pages in an attempt to read the final draft. Imagine clicking this thread for the first time, reading page one, then realizing that it's all just a rough draft and you have to read something entirely from scratch. I would rather it start fresh with easy access and plenty of opportunities to catch up as the draft is posted bit-by-bit.

So should I...

A) Create a new thread when the time comes just for the final draft and further expansions to the idea.

B) Post the final draft here as originally planned and hope that newcomers catch on early on.

Whatever you vote for will win, so I'd love to hear some opinions on the matter.

orlando678-

So far, the final draft is only in Fantasyland...and it's 77+ pages long...and it's only halfway done...now, that being said, I'm writing it in a Google Docs document, so of course it's going to take up more than the eight pages in this thread. However, in no way do I want to have people stumbling over pages in an attempt to read the final draft. Imagine clicking this thread for the first time, reading page one, then realizing that it's all just a rough draft and you have to read something entirely from scratch. I would rather it start fresh with easy access and plenty of opportunities to catch up as the draft is posted bit-by-bit.

So should I...

A) Create a new thread when the time comes just for the final draft and further expansions to the idea.

B) Post the final draft here as originally planned and hope that newcomers catch on early on.

Whatever you vote for will win, so I'd love to hear some opinions on the matter.
I'm personally not a fan of having multiple threads on one topic so I vote for B

IAmNotAHufflepuff

So should I...

A

FigmentPigments

So should I...

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, and I think if the first few pages interest a newcomer enough, then they'll stick it out. B is more perferable; that way we can see this vision from start to finish.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Awesome! Then I'll most likely be sticking with route B for the sake of your suggestion @FigmentPigments. I like the idea of showcasing this idea from start to finish.

Just from the writing the rough draft alone, I'm already beginning to notice just how many changes and edits there are from the original product. Several concepts have not carried over from the rough draft, but several stronger concepts have taken over in their stead.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm so glad you've enjoyed it, @FigmentPigments! Please do stick around for the final draft.

Alrighty, guys, I have some good news and some bad news. Let's start with the bad news.

I've decided that I'm going to cut Pixar Place from the final draft. It's just too much for one park to handle, even one of this size. While elements of said land will be translated into an expanded Toontown sub-land in Hollywoodland (remember, CGI characters "existed in 1948," they just weren't actors yet), there is just not enough room or thematic spacing in a park of this sort.

The good news is that the deletion of Pixar Place will allow the addition of several new attractions that didn't make the rough draft initially. This does mean that a new take on the Submarine Voyage (presented as an omnimover dark ride) will be found in Tomorrowland, a Woody's Roundup-themed interactive dark ride will be found in Buzzard Rock County, and an actual ride themed to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea will make its home in Discovery Bay, not just a walk-thru. So while the loss of Pixar Place is sad, it does open the door for new and exciting adventures to come.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Well, there wasn't anything Brave in the park to begin with, it's not my personal favorite Pixar film, tbh. If anything, it's my least favorite. It will still receive representation, just not on a big scale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom