Memory Maker vs. Photopass?

NonnaT

Hello, need some advice... We have a short 4 day, 3 night stay in December that includes MVMCP. It is to celebrate our 20th anniversary. So, my question is, should we buy the party MM ($39) for party night and then photo pass our other pics? If we were going with family or staying longer I wouldn't hesitate to pay for MM for the whole trip. Can I combine the 2? We got really lucky on our 15th anniv, and ran into a Disney photog at AKL doing a photo shoot (probably paid for) of another couple and he very graciously did some professional photos of us. They were amazing! Which leads me to 2nd question, how do you find the "professional" photos at the resorts? Mucho gracias!

NonnaT

Original Poster
I was thinking about getting MM, but have a question. Does anybody know if the 30 day window for MM start from the day of purchase or when you get your first photo?
MM is connected to your magic band use, so you can purchase it months before you go, but it wouldn't be activated until you activated your magic bands. All are interconnected via MDE... Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I was thinking about getting MM, but have a question. Does anybody know if the 30 day window for MM start from the day of purchase or when you get your first photo?

Neither. Memory Maker's 30 day window starts when you do your first download. So it could sit idle in your account for months, or you could go on a trip and not use it. The window for MM is different than the 45 day expiration window on the pictures themselves. That window starts when the picture is taken. So you could in theory have pictures taken on day 1, and then not start to download them until day 45, and then still have 30 days to do the downloads (allowing for 75 days worth of pictures).

Upvote 0

Rob562

Neither. Memory Maker's 30 day window starts when you do your first download. So it could sit idle in your account for months, or you could go on a trip and not use it. The window for MM is different than the 45 day expiration window on the pictures themselves. That window starts when the picture is taken. So you could in theory have pictures taken on day 1, and then not start to download them until day 45, and then still have 30 days to do the downloads (allowing for 75 days worth of pictures).

Though in that scenario, pictures would start expiring at their individual 45-day marks even though your Memory Maker is still active. (Pictures expire 45 days after they're taken, regardless of whether or not you have MM)

-Rob

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Though in that scenario, pictures would start expiring at their individual 45-day marks even though your Memory Maker is still active. (Pictures expire 45 days after they're taken, regardless of whether or not you have MM)

-Rob

Correct. You would need to start downloading the pictures from day 1 on day 45 as they do still expire, but you can get multiple trips in this way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom