Memory Maker linked to Magic Band

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Original Poster
Has anyone used the Memory Maker digital download linked to your Magic Band. A while back I heard of some photo's lost and never making it to the point where they can be downloaded. Is it reliable with the MB? Is the card still available, is it more reliable?

Can you burn your own CD instead of paying an additional $30?

kelknight84

We didn't buy any photos but used our bands at many photopass locations anyway. The only time it didn't work right was Enchanted Tales because they just give you a card. There is a link at the bottom of the page to fill out what you are missing where you enter time, location, people in photo and what clothes they were wearing. Within 24 hours they found the pictures and sent us an email to follow up and make sure that they showed up on our page.

Gabe1

Original Poster
I've never done a photopass or obviously a Memory Maker. Is this a system that you need to babysit-double checking and keeping track to make sure the photo's are in your account.

sissa216

I haven't done it since the switch to Memory Maker, but I did see the reports of photos going missing around the time of the changeover. I haven't seen many complaints in a while. It's not a bad idea to quickly go through your account each night and see if you notice any missing- that way you can quickly alert them with a description of yourselves, which park, etc. I had some missing a few years ago, and it was quickly resolved. In several years of purchasing, and thousands of pictures, we only had trouble once- and it was just a few pictures (take. At the same time).

sissa216

We were actually there when it switched over- we still did a Photopass Cd as we had prepaid, but we were there for 10 days surrounding the change. We had no trouble.

Betsyboo

Here's what happened for us last week. I did the prepurchase MM at $149 and linked it to our MBs.

I was a little worried about it but felt confident with the photographers as they did seem to be making sure something was happening each time we had our pictures taken.

We had some time to kill before an ADR at Ohana and I decided to look at our pics since they have a Photopass location at the Poly. Glad I did. All of our regular photos were there but none of the attractions photos were showing up. Great CM made a call and magically they appeared. This was Wednesday.

On Thursday we were at HS and had ToT and RNRC pictures taken. Towards the end of the day I checked our pictures at one of the Photopass locations. No attractions photos. That CM was a different story. She made no attempt to help and handed me a business card for the Photopass Help Desk. I called, they told me to give it 24-48 for the photos to show up. They said they couldn't see them.

Sunday after arriving home I downloaded all the photos. No attraction photos from Thursday or Friday (also a HS day). Disappointed. Help Desk not open on Sunday.

Called Monday, 35 minute wait, no thank you.

Called yesterday, yes, after a few minutes the CM was able to find the photos and link them to me.

I honestly have no idea what the problem was. I tried to explain that the same thing had happened while we were there. It seemed to be a recurring problem with attraction only photos. She was interested but really was helpful and nice. I think she just didn't know what to say.

Will I buy Memory Maker again? Probably. Last year they lost my treasured Gaston photos (LOL) and they were never recovered. We like the convenience and it worked out well since it was just the two of us this time.

My recommendation would be to check the photos everyday and make sure everything is there and get it resolved while you're in the park.

sissa216

Yikes- glad they were able to find the rest of this year's. It seems that they were having serious issues with the switch to Memory Maker, but at least from what I'm seeing, the problems are slowly decreasing. I don't see as many complaints as before- but apparently it is still occasionally happening.

Betsyboo

After re-reading I realized I sounded like quite the downer in my post. Honestly I love PP or MM whatever you call it. It's worked for us 4 times now. It's not for everyone and it is a little pricey.

This time we did get a couple of magic shots that were cute - Chip on my hand in HS in front of B&B show - and they did get Gaston this time.

Gabe1

Original Poster
Here's what happened for us last week. I did the prepurchase MM at $149 and linked it to our MBs.

I was a little worried about it but felt confident with the photographers as they did seem to be making sure something was happening each time we had our pictures taken.

We had some time to kill before an ADR at Ohana and I decided to look at our pics since they have a Photopass location at the Poly. Glad I did. All of our regular photos were there but none of the attractions photos were showing up. Great CM made a call and magically they appeared. This was Wednesday.

On Thursday we were at HS and had ToT and RNRC pictures taken. Towards the end of the day I checked our pictures at one of the Photopass locations. No attractions photos. That CM was a different story. She made no attempt to help and handed me a business card for the Photopass Help Desk. I called, they told me to give it 24-48 for the photos to show up. They said they couldn't see them.

Sunday after arriving home I downloaded all the photos. No attraction photos from Thursday or Friday (also a HS day). Disappointed. Help Desk not open on Sunday.

Called Monday, 35 minute wait, no thank you.

Called yesterday, yes, after a few minutes the CM was able to find the photos and link them to me.

I honestly have no idea what the problem was. I tried to explain that the same thing had happened while we were there. It seemed to be a recurring problem with attraction only photos. She was interested but really was helpful and nice. I think she just didn't know what to say.

Will I buy Memory Maker again? Probably. Last year they lost my treasured Gaston photos (LOL) and they were never recovered. We like the convenience and it worked out well since it was just the two of us this time.

My recommendation would be to check the photos everyday and make sure everything is there and get it resolved while you're in the park.

Helpful thanks. So to check them, they have a desk in every park? Is that pretty quick if all is well?

Betsyboo

Helpful thanks. So to check them, they have a desk in every park? Is that pretty quick if all is well?
There is a desk in every park. I would say they get busy at the end of the day but I had no trouble walking right up to a CM while we were there. The locations should be marked on the park map. I happened upon the one in HS and the one in EP is on the right after you enter EP under SE.

Gabe1

Original Poster
There is a desk in every park. I would say they get busy at the end of the day but I had no trouble walking right up to a CM while we were there. The locations should be marked on the park map. I happened upon the one in HS and the one in EP is on the right after you enter EP under SE.

Thank you. For all the knowledge of Disney I have, photos I have zero. And I am a pretty poor photo taker myself.

disney dharling

We had the Memory Maker for our trip 2 weeks ago. Still trying to get things worked out. There were 7 of us on the trip. We all made sure we checked the allow family and friends to view and purchase photos and yet I can't access theirs and they can't access mine. I even had 2 pictures disappear after trying to enter in Magic Band Id's. None of our ride photos have shown up yet either. Not looking forward to the long phone call I'm sure I will have to try to fix.

Betsyboo

We had the Memory Maker for our trip 2 weeks ago. Still trying to get things worked out. There were 7 of us on the trip. We all made sure we checked the allow family and friends to view and purchase photos and yet I can't access theirs and they can't access mine. I even had 2 pictures disappear after trying to enter in Magic Band Id's. None of our ride photos have shown up yet either. Not looking forward to the long phone call I'm sure I will have to try to fix.
Ride photos seem to be the big problem. Not sure what the problem is. I know at RNRC the Photopass desk seemed to take the time and even had me touch Mickey to Mickey twice to ensure the photos were there. They were in cyberspace for a while but after the call I made they did show up.

Good luck on getting things worked out. My advice - don't call Monday morning. The wait times were forever. I had no wait later in the week.

LucyK

I'm looking forward to use MM next trip. If I pre-purchased MM do I still need to go to the photo purchasing station when we get there? Also, when we go on a ride that have the photo ride option do we need to mark the number of the photo to add it to our account or is it automatic linked now?

lostpro9het

We paid to be MM guinea pigs over Christmas week. We experienced many of the missing photo issues and ride photo anomalies during the week and had received much of the same run around from the front line photo pass CMs who said they couldn't do much but mediate our issues with IT and gave us direct contact info for support/complaints. At the end of the day, week, we eventually got all our pictures though we paid for it with a weeks worth of hassle. The best advice We received was to have each member in you party get their own photo card and have them use it during the trip for photos, even as a redundant backup for the band, and at the end of the trip just add all the card numbers to your MM+ account and all the photos will be imported in! We did this in December without issue. Actually I even knew a couple who were visiting the same time we where there and a couple that visited after we left, I told them this and they gave me the card numbers after their trips and I got them a bunch of photos too.

tor29c

So, if I do decide to purchase this all 6 people in my party will be able to take advantage of this by using their own MB? Is there a limit to the number of photos we can have taken in a week? Thanks!

GeekDad

I used memory maker right after it came out. I bought it the first day it was available and my trip started exactly 3 days after I bought it. I had no issues with it at all but my group was always together for the photos so I just used my MB the whole time. We did get pictures with Santa in DTD which they gave us cards for and I also received a card when I requested the ride photos so that may have helped with that issue. I had no missing photos but I did check from my laptop using the in room wifi every few nights during our trip.

To get the ride photos I still had to go to the ride photo desk.

I don't believe I had to go to a photo purchasing station when I got there. I'm pretty sure it just started working when our resort stay started but I could be wrong. I did go to guest relations when we first got there but if I remember correctly that was just for the MVMCP tickets.

In theory any party member should be able to use their MB and any friends that are there at the same time should be able to use their MBs and have the pictures linked to your account so that you can download them but I did not test this part out.

I like the memory maker and not having to worry about a photopass card each time was great. I did get some confused looks from some CMs at first but I think that was because it was so new they were still getting used to it. After a day or two into our trip everyone we talked to seemed to know what we were talking about except for one rude photographer at Tusker House that cut me off before I could explain what I had. That worked out in our favor though as the picture she took was not very good and the picture we had retaken after talking to someone on our way out was much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom