Memory Maker...is it really worth it?

Mr Toad

Going to book my trip in a couple weeks. I saw Memory Maker as an add on option. But is it really worth the extra $150 +/-? Anyone ever had this option before?

Wildflower

Memory Maker is pre-purchase and includes photos from select restaurants and rides (you have to present your card at the kiosks for rides and they will upload at that point). The Archive doesn't require purchase before hand, it just gives you all of your photopass pictures after the fact....with Archive the ride and restaurant stuff would need to be purchased on a case by case basis at the parks (unless specifically stated otherwise).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

We have always utilized the photopass +, so we didn't give any thought to the memory maker. We had all kinds of problems. We are missing over half of our photos for some reason, and we never had that problem when we used the photopass +. I was not very happy when I returned home and found we were missing so many photos, now I am going to have to call and see if they can locate them. I hope this isn't an ongoing issue.

Upvote 0

Wildflower

they should be able to help you fairly quicly
We have always utilized the photopass +, so we didn't give any thought to the memory maker. We had all kinds of problems. We are missing over half of our photos for some reason, and we never had that problem when we used the photopass +. I was not very happy when I returned home and found we were missing so many photos, now I am going to have to call and see if they can locate them. I hope this isn't an ongoing issue.
fingers crossed for you - they should be able to locate them pretty quickly if you know date/places and approximate times. we had some missing recently (I used my band on the ones that didn't show - it was a linking issue I guess) and they were able to locate within a few minutes and then showed up on my account almost immediately! Concur on the ongoing issue - hopefully they smooth things out all around!!

Upvote 0

GeekDad

I may have been the very first person to try out Memory Maker. I say that because I bought it the day it started which was pretty much 3 days before my trip started this past December and when we were on our trip it seemed like a lot of the photographers were confused about what we had but it only became an issue at our Tusker House lunch. Other than that though I was very happy with what we got.

I forget exactly how many pictures we got but they all came out at least good if not great and I loved having the photos of my son and my nephew first meeting the characters and then again standing next to them. We also didn't carry a camera with us other then using our iphones for pictures here and there that we weren't concerned about the quality. My son and nephew are only 2 so we didn't get any ride photos other then the Buzz Lightyear ride in MK but it was nice to have the ride photos for our whole group from that ride. Even though several photographers were confused at first about Memory Maker the only issue we really had was at Tusker House. When I tried to explain to the photographer that we had Memory Maker so that she could scan the photo to my bad she cut me off mid sentence and told us they take care of it inside. So I went inside and when they came around with the photos the lady said the photographer should have scanned my bad. In the end it worked out for us because the photo was not very good and the second photo we had taken on our way out with a different photographer came out very good.

Over all I thought it was worth it for us and I've been very skeptical of the photo packages up until now. I do plan on getting it again as we would have had even more pictures taken but due to having a larger group and not always wanting to stop for pictures we got less then if it was just my wife, son, and I. All of our photos showed up and we were also able to add photos from photopass cards. As others have said it's not for everyone but I loved being able to download my photos as soon as I got home instead of waiting for a CD to be shipped (what my wife and I did for our honeymoon). Even though most photographers are fine using your camera on our trip in October 2012 we went to breakfast at Chef Mickey's and were basically pushed over to the picture booth and when I asked if they were able to use my camera the photographer was a bit rude about it even though she did use my camera to take it. I had tried to tell them ahead of time that we didn't have any photo packages and really weren't interested but as I said they pushed it on us.

Upvote 0

Karenb64

All of our photos showed up and we were also able to add photos from photopass cards.
So it sounds like if a larger family group is traveling together and only one buys the Memory Maker, pictures taken by other family members and put on a photopass card can be added in? That would definitely be an added benefit and greater incentive to purchase the this.

Upvote 0

Wildflower

So it sounds like if a larger family group is traveling together and only one buys the Memory Maker, pictures taken by other family members and put on a photopass card can be added in? That would definitely be an added benefit and greater incentive to purchase the this.
worked that way for us so unless they change something....yep. (we had a few taken before we went and exchanged our voucher for the card)

Upvote 0

Predsfan75

We bought it last Oct when it was photopass+. We liked ok because we were there with family and split the cost. Comes in handy with the ride photos, dining, &MNSSHP. That said it was probably a one time buy, because as others have said not all the photos are top quality, depends on the CM

Upvote 0

Arty Cordova

I don't think so. I think the only reason you would get it is if you only are relying on the professionals to take all your pictures for you. Also remember that the photopass photographers are obligated to use YOUR camera as well as their camera when taking a picture if you ask them to. Honestly I can't tell the difference when they use my camera vs. theirs.

Upvote 0

Karenb64

Does anyone know if you can put multiple ride photos from the same ride, on one Memory Maker account? For example, when our group of about 10 go on Buzz Lightyear, could I put all those pictures on my Memory Maker?

Upvote 0

talking2u

We are heading to Disney soon, and have purchased the Memory Maker, just to try it. My thought is I won't need to worry about making sure I get all the right pics.....we have a fun plan that we will pose for a happy, funny or silly pic every time we see a Disney Photographer! It's going to be a fun family challenge..... When we get home I will create a Disney book of pics. No more lugging the camera and no more family members missing from the pics! A new way to have some fun at the parks!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I think so much of this depends on you. Do you have a camera you like or would want? Would you use that camera outside of your trip enough to justify the cost? Do you think you'd want pics of things the photopass/memory maker photog just wouldn't be capturing? On the flipside, if you rely on Disney photogs, can you see yourself being diligent about approaching all of these photogs to ensure you're getting pics to justify the cost?

Upvote 0

Jahona

Hi AmberS. Instead of pulling up a year old post you might be better off making a new one instead. Your topic doesn't exactly pertain to the discussion in this thread. As for your question, I don't believe there are photographers for Memory Maker / Photopass at the restaurants.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Going to book my trip in a couple weeks. I saw Memory Maker as an add on option. But is it really worth the extra $150 +/-? Anyone ever had this option before?

When it was photo pass and photopass + and now as memory maker, I always purchased it. For me, the pictures are a huge part of our souvenirs. I treat it as such - just paying for my main souvenir prior to going. With how many pictures we take, its worth it for us.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

It would really be worth it if you have the CM's take lots of pics for you. Plus, if you are like me, I'm never in any shots because I take them all. I would love to be in a few of the pics in my kids' scrapbooks, for heaven's sake! I also agree that if you are doing character meals, you will want those pics. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom