Memory Maker for Passholder

NeedMoreMickey

My sister has an AP and a DVC member and we will be going down to WDW March 17th – March 22nd and she will be returning April 7th – April 11th. Can she purchase one Memory Maker and use it for both trips? When she returns in April it will be with different people. This is the response I got from Disney when I sent an email. So I think if she links everyone from both trips she can use it for both trips or am I missing something.

Disney PhotoPass images expire 45 days from the date and time they are taken.

With Memory Maker, your whole family can be in the picture at Disney PhotoPass locations—plus select attraction and dining locations—throughout Walt Disney World Resort. All of the photos you take are magically yours forever, like memories of your family posing together in front of Cinderella Castle, screaming down Splash Mountain, hugging Mickey Mouse and so much more.
Forget about having to purchase each photo individually—you can get digital copies of them all.
Setting up and using Memory Maker is a snap. Follow these simple steps and you will be ready for a photo finish:

1. Link Memory Maker to your My Disney Experience account. If you purchased online, it may have been linked automatically.
2. Add people to your Family & Friends list to enable you to view and download their photos.
3. Capture unlimited photos at hundreds of Disney PhotoPass locations—and select attraction and dining locations—throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Link each photo to your Disney account with a touch of
your MagicBand, Memory Maker card or Disney PhotoPass Card.
4. View and download your photos. Once you download the first photo, you have 30 days to capture more photos. Photos remain in your account for 45 days after they are taken.

Rob562

My sister has an AP and a DVC member and we will be going down to WDW March 17th – March 22nd and she will be returning April 7th – April 11th. Can she purchase one Memory Maker and use it for both trips? When she returns in April it will be with different people. This is the response I got from Disney when I sent an email. So I think if she links everyone from both trips she can use it for both trips or am I missing something.

Disney PhotoPass images expire 45 days from the date and time they are taken.

With Memory Maker, your whole family can be in the picture at Disney PhotoPass locations—plus select attraction and dining locations—throughout Walt Disney World Resort. All of the photos you take are magically yours forever, like memories of your family posing together in front of Cinderella Castle, screaming down Splash Mountain, hugging Mickey Mouse and so much more.
Forget about having to purchase each photo individually—you can get digital copies of them all.
Setting up and using Memory Maker is a snap. Follow these simple steps and you will be ready for a photo finish:

1. Link Memory Maker to your My Disney Experience account. If you purchased online, it may have been linked automatically.
2. Add people to your Family & Friends list to enable you to view and download their photos.
3. Capture unlimited photos at hundreds of Disney PhotoPass locations—and select attraction and dining locations—throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Link each photo to your Disney account with a touch of
your MagicBand, Memory Maker card or Disney PhotoPass Card.
4. View and download your photos. Once you download the first photo, you have 30 days to capture more photos. Photos remain in your account for 45 days after they are taken.

The underlined #4 is the most pertinent piece of information.

Each photo expires 45 days from the date it was taken, regardless of whether or not Memory Maker was bought. So each photo has its own little timer.

Memory Maker has its own 30-day timer that starts from the first day you download a photo, regardless of how many or how few photos are actually downloaded after that.

So while your sister can go in and *view* and *edit* the photos from her first trip, she must *not* download any of them. Doing so would start the clock running on Memory Maker. Ideally she'd wait until after trip #2 to start downloading photos from both trips, knowing that she only has a couple weeks after trip #2 before photos from trip #1 start expiring.

So, for example (dates are approximate):
4/11 - Trip #2 ends.
4/12 - Download first photo.
5/1 - Earliest photos from trip #1 start expiring.
5/12 - Memory Maker expires.
5/22 - Earliest photos from trip #2 start expiring.

She can hold off on starting the clock on Memory Maker, just being aware of the (approx) May 1 deadline for trip 1.

-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dwarful

Thanks. Going with a group and I would like the photos that my daughter has taken with her friends while they are doing their own thing to be included on the memory maker and also the photos that the adults have taken to be included as well. Does that make sense?

Or are they still doing photo pass cards and I can just add all of those when I get home? would that be easiest?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom