Memories

FamilyMagic

Original Poster
What is your favorite memory at Walt Disney World?

Mine is getting to ride Splash Mountain like 5 times in a row during the Late Night Hours with family because it wasn't crowded!!! Once the ride finished we ran around and hopped back on it again!! It was sooo much FUN!:ROFLOL:

I don't really have a specific memory that I cherish above the others. I love nearly all the time I spend at Disney. I do have a few really great moments. Some of my favorite moments at Disney are...

.Riding Soarin the 1st time
.Riding Test Track the 1st time
.Riding Star Tours the 1st time since becoming a fanatic of the movies

And countless others. How about my favorite moments are when I'm at Disney, okay? :ROFLOL:

wdwmomof3

I have to many to list but I would have to say the first time that we used the dining plan was one of the best trips that we had ever had. The reason is that we had never dined at most of the places that we chose to try. It was great being surrounded by Disney 24/7. I am ready to go again!!

Our first trip when my DS was four years old. It was the best Disney trip we have ever had. On the last night which was EMH, it was around 12:15 and we were talking to a CM about how special the trip was and how sad it was we were leaving. She talked and chatted with us from the castle all the way down main street to the train. We got on the monorail and went back to our room and went to bed. The next morning when I woke up and got dressed, I realized my gold Winnie the Pooh watch (a gift from my DH) had stopped at 12:30. We immediately realized that the watch stopped when we left the MK gates that night. The watch is now on the final page of our Disney album and it still says 12:30. DISNEY MAGIC

jtwyatt

For me.....

It was in september 2006, it was the my last trip with my dad before he passed away suddenly. We rode his favorite ride together, Peter Pan in the M.k, as well as we went and watched the Hoop Dee Doo, which was a regular for us when we were younger. I had never been to WDW without him, until that next year.(Which in turn was my most emotional moment @ WDW when I walked down Main street).

imamouse

I have a more specific answer than my original reply.

Going into The Land and hearing "You are my sunshine" during our trip only weeks after my husband's father passed away. It was his favorite song and we struggled with deciding whether or not to cancel our trip. We choose to go - hoping it would cheer us up. The first thing we did was go to The Land for lunch and heard "his" song - it was confirmation that we'd made the right decision.

KaliSplash

What is your favorite memory at Walt Disney World?

Mine is getting to ride Splash Mountain like 5 times in a row during the Late Night Hours with family because it wasn't crowded!!! Once the ride finished we ran around and hopped back on it again!! It was sooo much FUN!:ROFLOL:

I'll see your 5 trips in a row and raise you 8! We once spent an ENTIRE E-Ride night (superior to EMH for fewer people in the park, not as good because you paid extra, but worth it nonetheless) riding only Splash Mountain. 13 consecutive trips with my two sons. (My wife was sensibly back in the hotel asleep during this 11p.m. to 2 a.m. run). Then we stopped at Casey's for a hot dog and drink. Then stopped at Roaring Forks (back then it was open 24 hours, although the grill closed at midnight) for a piece of cake. Got in bed something like 3:30.

Don't know if this was my favorite memories, but it was an extremely very good one.

Kelsybelle

Wow, that is a really hard question! I have a ton of favorite memories but I'll answer with the ones that stick out the most.

Going to WDW with my family as a child and being there with my Dad! (He passed away 11 yrs ago.)
Being with both of my neices as babies on their first trips.
Getting married to my amazing husband at The Wedding Pavilion followed by a reception in Epcot ending with Illuminations.
Getting to finally ride all the "Mountains" with my neices (they are 8 and 10 yrs old now!) and experiencing that!
Bringing my daughter to WDW this past April and being there with her! Seeing everything through her eyes was such an awesome experience!

Chernabogfan

Our last trip we took my three daughters to the Pirate/Princess party at MK. It happened to be Martin Luther King day so the park had been packed for January. We came back after a half day at 7:00 pm and had the run of the place. The special fireworks were scheduled at 9:45 and we found ourselves by the carousel rather than in front of the castle where we normally watch Wishes. It turned out to be a unique place because fireworks are literally going off in a circle all around you. My ten year old kept spinning around to see the latest explosion and at one point, the light caght her just right, her eyes were as big as saucers and there was unmitigated wonder and joy on her face. It was one of those moments where I knew Disney would mean as much to her as it does to me.

Ol' Walt nabs another one.:D

Cinderella1976

A couple of my favorite memories. . . . .

-In December 2006 when my DD (5) was chosen to be the princess of the day at the Beauty and the Beast show on her birthday. We were given VIP seats and she was brought up to the stage at the end of show and given a rose from the Prince.

-In December 2007 taking my youngest DD on Spash Mountain for the first time. She waited sooo long to be tall enough to ride. The expression on her face as we went down says it all! She loved it so much we probably rode it 10 times during our trip! Also on the same trip, I was chosen to be the can-can girl at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue! :eek:

I have so much more but these are the ones that stick out the most.

Coree

In college I made a several trips with a group of good friends--we all sang in choir together. We're all Disney nuts and love to listen to the Voices of Liberty. Well we watched one of their performances and afterward one of the singers was talking to us and saying he had seen us in the past. He asked us how we knew each other and we told him we all sang in choir together. So then they asked us to sing something for them and of course we totally blanked on anything we could sing so we asked them to teach us something. So then they asked us to come backstage with them and they taught us one of their warmups. It was VERY cool and luckily we have video of it too. Definitely a very fond memory.

Craig & Lisa

I don't know about my wife, but for me it was the first time we ever went, 1997, we had our first meal, breakfast at Olivias in OKW, POOH Bear, Tigger, and Eyore. My oldest was 4 and youngest 2 1/2, watching their faces as they saw the characters they've watched on the videos over and over in real life, just will not ever leave my mind. The fact that my youngest wanted nothing to do with Tigger or Eyore, but when he saw Pooh, well he just melted away all fear that he had for the other two. You can't get that at a six flags!!:animwink:

olmec26

Thursday, July 12, 2008 - I did EVERY SINGLE ATTRACTION in Epcot...without the use of Fastpass. Took me a little over 11 hours to do it, but I didn't go into the day with this goal - when I realized that I only had about 6 attractions to go, I decided to do it, and it worked out brilliantly!

maryszhi

there is sooo many. i think everytime we go on rides, watch fireowrks,parades, meet charactrers, hnag out with friends and family are some

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom