Memories from the old days ........

surfsupdon

The MAIN STREET FLOWER MARKET!!

Now it's yet another run of the mill store full of merchandise that can be found anywhere and everywhere else in the World.

diddy_mouse

I remember when FedEx sponsored Space Mtn. and you had that "satellite TV" to watch in the queue.

The Mickey shaped balloons you'd get on Main Street.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

(to stray from MK...) The entrance area at EPCOT, I was just looking at pictures today and found one with a floral arrangement of the old logo. I think it was featured behind SSE, but it might have been outfront. :shrug:

bellanotte

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. However, the thing I miss the very most is the french toast they had at Tony's. It was my family's tradition to have the french toast at Tony's for breakfast when we went to the Magic Kingdom. Then, one time, they didn't have it anymore. :(

WEDisney

~When Tangaroa Terrace at the Poly was still open. Best steak I ever had (I was young).
~If you had wings (Although I love Buzz)
~Mission to Mars/Alien Encounter (even empty space would be better then Stitch)
~The Mickey Mouse Review
~River Country (Home to the Coldest pool in Disney)
~The Yellow (Poly) Red (Contemp) Blue (Village) water sprites that seemed to be everywhere.
~The War Canoe at the Poly
~The Party Boat Bar at the Poly
~The Wave Machine on Seven Seas Lagoon (Never saw it work but saw it disabled)
~Communicore and the Roller coaster Simulator
~Galaxy Restaurant in EPCOT
~When I was able to sit in the gazebo in the gardens of the United Kingdom

mrerk

Premium Member
This may be a stretch (or it may still be offered and I'm just unaware of it), but does anyone remember a Peter Pan themed place where parents could drop off their kids when they went to PI? I remember playing arcade games and getting my picture taken with Peter Pan there.

Sounds like the Neverland Club at the Poly.

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
Here's another one I forgot, now I have not seen this in years so I'm assuming it's no longer there :shrug: .

There used to be a show in the street in frontierland round about in front of the country bears. It was a cowboy show with bank robbers and a sherrif interacting with the guests. It included a good old fashioned 'shoot out' with the bad guys even falling off the roof of the buildings. It was the sort of thing you would just stumble accross a little like the streetmosphere characters in MGM yet not as frequent as them. It used to be fantastic, really funny especially when they chose the right sort of guests to participate.

DisneyMusician2

Do they still have the old penny arcade onMain Street? I don't remember seeing it on my last visit, but it was kind of a whirlwind through everything in only a few days. I used to think that was a really cool feature on the main strip there.

kcnole

Here's a link to the old swan boats mentioned in the first post.

psbcp1.jpg

Blonde Princess

I remember and miss the following. From the late 1980s through 2000, you could make priority seating reservations in the morning for restaurants at Epcot for the same night. You could go to the video monitors in the alcoves near Spaceship Earth and the present inside the park Guest relations, and make your reservations. Now for nearly all the restaurants you have to book months in advance.

LuLaSue

I remember and miss the following. From the late 1980s through 2000, you could make priority seating reservations in the morning for restaurants at Epcot for the same night. You could go to the video monitors in the alcoves near Spaceship Earth and the present inside the park Guest relations, and make your reservations. Now for nearly all the restaurants you have to book months in advance.

That was the coolest! I remember that...I was in awe when that first came out and sad to see it go!

joelleharbert

Maybe I'm wrong here, but didn't they used to make the Mickey Mouse ice cream bars without the fudge ears? I thought I remembered them just being all ice cream with the ears being chocolate and the rest was vanilla. Am I wrong? Even so, I've had them somewhere and I like those ALOT better than the ones they have now. I agree with the old Mickey balloons, too. Way cuter than those mylar ones they have now.

wedway71

Here's another one I forgot, now I have not seen this in years so I'm assuming it's no longer there :shrug: .

There used to be a show in the street in frontierland round about in front of the country bears. It was a cowboy show with bank robbers and a sherrif interacting with the guests. It included a good old fashioned 'shoot out' with the bad guys even falling off the roof of the buildings. It was the sort of thing you would just stumble accross a little like the streetmosphere characters in MGM yet not as frequent as them. It used to be fantastic, really funny especially when they chose the right sort of guests to participate.

I remember that too!-I remember it being right in front of CBJ or close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom