Meeting Mickey at Town Square Theater

MomofPrincessGrace

Hi all,

I could have sworn someone else posted a similar question but I can't find the post for the life of me. Any-who, can anyone tell me how long the lines are to meet talking Mickey after rope drop. Since the welcome show starts at the castle, do people just start lining up at Town Square as soon as you can enter the park? We didn't get a fast pass, so any tips on how to meet him without waiting in ridiculously long lines would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Weather_Lady

We headed there right at rope drop the time my son wanted to meet Mickey. Even though we were behind dozens of others getting through the gates, they were all headed to various other headliners, and we ended up being first in line for Mickey! I'd say a rope drop arrival will pretty much guarantee a short wait. Others will be dashing down Main Street for the welcome show and/or positioning themselves to head toward things with "Mountain" or "Train" in the name.

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

We went at rope drop last summer and was the first one through the line. Just be sure and take your camera too. The photopass person was having issues with their camera and unable to take any pics, so I am glad we had one.

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

I don't know if your time/interest/budget allows this, but we also met him during the family Magic tour. It was a scavenger hunt type tour geared to kiddos about age 5-9ish. It was a lot of fun. The kids collected Mickey's toys and brought them to him at the end of the tour. We didn't wait in regular line. Came inthe back way. He was programmed to talk about the children's search for things and meeting Peter Pan too. It was a highlight for my kiddo when she was 7. They also gave us an extra fast pass to use that day.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
Interesting. Just looked into it and it isnt very expensive either. About how long is it from start to finish? We have a pretty open itinerary for the last day so I might look into doing it then. Also, how hard is it to get a reservation. We are less than two weeks away, is it super popular?

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

About two hours, not a ton of walking, you stop for a snack break where you can purchase a snack or eat something you brought in. They rode tea cups on ours. I have heard some ride Peter Pan. Parents can ride too. It was super fun. It is at the beginning of the day, like 10. They give you water. Just give them a call about availability. I didn't book mine much in advance but it was before we left to go on vacation and ours was full. The kids work together to solve clues and find items like Rapunzels frying pan. They gallop and hop through the park. Our guide was super energetic and the kids had a blast. I enjoyed watching the kids.

Upvote 0

Marc Levin

Hi all,

I could have sworn someone else posted a similar question but I can't find the post for the life of me. Any-who, can anyone tell me how long the lines are to meet talking Mickey after rope drop. Since the welcome show starts at the castle, do people just start lining up at Town Square as soon as you can enter the park? We didn't get a fast pass, so any tips on how to meet him without waiting in ridiculously long lines would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Pretty reasonable lines after rope drop, but what I would say is that unless you're first in line, take whatever the standby line time says, and double it to get an accurate idea of how long the line is (this may be the case for anything at Disney, but we mostly used FP+ so can't comment). Walked out of the Tinkerbell line, which is in the same building, with DD twice because it said 15 minutes and after a half an hour we were still waiting.

I'd recommend a character meal over standing in line to meet Mickey though vs. using that precious first hour of the morning for something else, he's in most of them!

Upvote 0

DPN

Also, when I say "worth it" I guess I mean for our family. You could meet him somewhere else but the personal attention you get there was a big deal to our 3 year old so it was important to us.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
Also, when I say "worth it" I guess I mean for our family. You could meet him somewhere else but the personal attention you get there was a big deal to our 3 year old so it was important to us.

I agree that it is "worth it" because he talks. Thats something you dont get at other meets.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom